M1 Tanker

ModInstaller.exe will not work - 911 First Responders from Amazon

Problem Solved, see below how I got it to work. I did this both for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER

1. Re-install 911 First Responders to C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4 instead of the default directory.

2. Start regedit by selecting Start - Run, typing in 'regedit' and then

hitting 'OK'.

3. Select 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' and press the '+' button to its left to

expand the list.

4. Next, select 'SOFTWARE' and press the '+' button to its left to expand

the list.

5. Right-click on 'SOFTWARE' and select New > Key.

Enter the new key name: sixteen tons entertainment

6. Right-click on 'sixteen tons entertainment' and select New > Key.

Enter the new key name: Emergency 4

7. Right-click on 'Emergency 4' and select New > String value.

Enter the new key name: Installdir

8. Right-click on 'Installdir' and select Modify.

In the 'Value Data' field, C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4

Now, exit the registry editor by selecting the File menu and then clicking

on Exit.

I had to do some trial and error to make it work from this post here http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/topic/3120-mod-installer-not-working/ . Thanks mercurygrandmarquis1

Morning Tanker,

I just wanted to confirm what operating system you had? I have windows 8.1 installed on my laptop.

I've been playing the game fine, up until i wanted to instal the mahattan mod and the nyc mod. Noticed that my mod installr wasn't working.

I wanted to confirm that these instructions would work for me vs messing something up. I just got the computer don't want anything corrupted.

Thanks in advanced.

The problem I have is I can't even download the LA mod. It says I have no valid 911:FR or EM4 program on my computer. I have downloaded it from amazon. If anyone knows the solution to this problem, will you please let me know. Thanks :)

TMartin33

Problem Solved, see below how I got it to work. I did this both for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER

1. Re-install 911 First Responders to C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4 instead of the default directory.

hitting 'OK'.

expand the list.

the list.

In the 'Value Data' field, C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4

on Exit.

I had to do some trial and error to make it work from this post here http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/topic/3120-mod-installer-not-working/ . Thanks mercurygrandmarquis1

So, Tanker, do you need a modintalller for installing the LA mod?

Here is a solution if you are running Windows 7 on a 64-bit system. This works if you have 911 First Responders from Wizard Works go here and download this file, and follow the instructions in the post.

post # 31

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/16329-emergency-4-mod-installer/page-2

Norm,

Edited by nbrown8568

After trying everything you all have said, including checking for spelling errors and entering the data in both the local machine and current user. Help anyone!?!?

Here is a solution if you are running Windows 7 on a 64-bit system. This works if you have 911 First Responders from Wizard Works go here and download this file, and follow the instructions in the post.

post # 31

http://forum.emergen...nstaller/page-2

Norm,

in my em4 mod installer its say to ever single mod i try its corrupted

NOTE: Modifying or deleting the wrong registry key may cause serious damage

to your Windows installation. If you are uncomfortable, have someone who is

more computer savvy do it for you.

We will be creating the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\sixteen

tons entertainment\Emergency 3 US.

Within it we will have the Value name 'Installdir' with the value data

'[installation directory]'. 

Please follow these instructions exactly:

1) Start regedit by selecting Start - Run, typing in 'regedit' and then

hitting 'OK'.

2) Select 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' and press the '+' button to its left to

expand the list.

3) Next, select 'SOFTWARE' and press the '+' button to its left to expand

the list.

5) Right-click on 'SOFTWARE' and select New > Key.

6) Right-click on 'sixteen tons entertainment' and select New > Key.

7) Right-click on 'Emergency 4' and select New > String value.

8) Right-click on 'Installdir' and select Modify.

In the 'Value Data' field, enter the full path of your installation

directory.

By default, this value is C:\Program Files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4

[NOTE : This is a EM3 Fix that I previously modified to fix my own 911FR Mod Installer which worked perfectly, but that being said, I'm not responsible for any issues caused to your game and/or system]

not work i can find on Internet a download of a mod installer for em 4 /911 first responders? wait em4 mod installer crate a folder for the mod and put it on the mods folder if the mod installer crate a folder whit the mod data i only need a guy how have the em4 mod installer and he install the mods and he gives to me the mod data folder to me please any one say it my idea work 

NOTE: Modifying or deleting the wrong registry key may cause serious damage

to your Windows installation. If you are uncomfortable, have someone who is

more computer savvy do it for you.

We will be creating the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\sixteen

tons entertainment\Emergency 3 US.

Within it we will have the Value name 'Installdir' with the value data

'[installation directory]'. 

Please follow these instructions exactly:

1) Start regedit by selecting Start - Run, typing in 'regedit' and then

hitting 'OK'.

2) Select 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' and press the '+' button to its left to

expand the list.

3) Next, select 'SOFTWARE' and press the '+' button to its left to expand

the list.

5) Right-click on 'SOFTWARE' and select New > Key.

6) Right-click on 'sixteen tons entertainment' and select New > Key.

7) Right-click on 'Emergency 4' and select New > String value.

8) Right-click on 'Installdir' and select Modify.

In the 'Value Data' field, enter the full path of your installation

directory.

By default, this value is C:\Program Files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4

[NOTE : This is a EM3 Fix that I previously modified to fix my own 911FR Mod Installer which worked perfectly, but that being said, I'm not responsible for any issues caused to your game and/or system]

not work i can find on Internet a download of a mod installer for em 4 /911 first responders? wait em4 mod installer crate a folder for the mod and put it on the mods folder if the mod installer crate a folder whit the mod data i only need a guy how have the em4 mod installer and he install the mods and he gives to me the mod data folder to me please any one say it my idea work 

Try this: its from M1 Tanker

hitting 'OK'.

expand the list.

the list.

on Exit.

I had to do some trial and error to make it work from this post here http://forum.emergen...er-not-working/ . Thanks mercurygrandmarquis1

Also, as for the modinstaller, you'll have to uninstall it all anyways during this, so that might fix it once you finish all the above.

hey here is the solution i found and it work http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/16329-emergency-4-mod-installer/page-2 post 31 download the file is your game is not from wizard works click whit the mouse button i dont know if is the left or right button but well click and select edit and put the directory of your em4 location and put 2 bars like that \\ and it will work like that C:\\Program Files (x86)\\sixteen tons entertainment\\Emergency 4 but you need to put the name of your em4 location if you have any problem to understand it please send a pm to me

So I followed everything to the T and I tripple checked it. this is what keeps popping up 

Extracting to "C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\Mods\The Riverside Modification V1.2 (1)\"
Use Path: yes   Overlay Files: no
Error: Unable to create "C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\Mods\The Riverside Modification V1.2 (1)\The Riverside Modification V1.2\Audio\Fx\equipment\Shot01.wav"
Irrecoverable Error: File creation error.

So I followed everything to the T and I tripple checked it. this is what keeps popping up 

Extracting to "C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\Mods\The Riverside Modification V1.2 (1)\"
Use Path: yes   Overlay Files: no
Error: Unable to create "C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\Mods\The Riverside Modification V1.2 (1)\The Riverside Modification V1.2\Audio\Fx\equipment\Shot01.wav"
Irrecoverable Error: File creation error.

Tanker, I have the same issue, but I did what you told us to do, but it didn't work for me :( Any Ideas?

I think that what you are trying to do is place this file into the Mod folder, this is not where it belongs.

my mod installer wont open, im kind of a noob with modding so help me out. i try to open my mod installer but all it says is "911 first responders not installed correctly please reinstall" when i first got the game a few years ago off amazon(download version) i was able to get la mod but now i cant open it at all. i have a 64 bit desktop with windows 7 PLZ HELP ME!!!

my mod installer wont open, im kind of a noob with modding so help me out. i try to open my mod installer but all it says is "911 first responders not installed correctly please reinstall" when i first got the game a few years ago off amazon(download version) i was able to get la mod but now i cant open it at all. i have a 64 bit desktop with windows 7 PLZ HELP ME!!!

Well, it might not be installed correctly. Can you still DL it off amazon?