M1 Tanker

ModInstaller.exe will not work - 911 First Responders from Amazon

I downloaded 911: First Responders from Amazon.com. The game plays fine as does the LA Mod. However, I cannot install any other mods because when I try to run ModInstaller.exe I receive an error that 911:First Responders is not properly installed. Please Reinstall.

I've searched the forums and attempted this fix.

The differences would be WizardWorks instead of Sixteen Tons Entertainment and 911 - First Responders instead of Emergency 4 US. No variation I tried allowed the ModInstaller.exe to run.

Does anyone have a known fix to make this installer work?

Thanks,

Tanker

The solution has been found here.

http://www.emergency-planet.com/topic/14387-modinstallerexe-will-not-work-911-first-responders-from-amazon/?do=findComment&comment=196759

Guest blimp666

I downloaded 911: First Responders from Amazon.com. The game plays fine as does the LA Mod. However, I cannot install any other mods because when I try to run ModInstaller.exe I receive an error that 911:First Responders is not properly installed. Please Reinstall.

I've searched the forums and attempted this fix. The differences would be WizardWorks instead of Sixteen Tons Entertainment and 911 - First Responders instead of Emergency 4 US. No variation I tried allowed the ModInstaller.exe to run.

Does anyone have a known fix to make this installer work?

Thanks,

Tanker

It isn't working because you need a hard copy of the game.(the disc)

In the downloads section under emergency 4 patches and download the latest one and there should be a modinstaller.

In the downloads section under emergency 4 patches and download the latest one and there should be a modinstaller.

In the downloads section under patches, I only see the cfg files and the french and German patches. I already have 1.3 installed, and I have the modinstaller.exe file.

Problem Solved, see below how I got it to work. I did this both for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER

1. Re-install 911 First Responders to C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4 instead of the default directory.

2. Start regedit by selecting Start - Run, typing in 'regedit' and then

hitting 'OK'.

3. Select 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE' and press the '+' button to its left to

expand the list.

4. Next, select 'SOFTWARE' and press the '+' button to its left to expand

the list.

5. Right-click on 'SOFTWARE' and select New > Key.

Enter the new key name: sixteen tons entertainment

6. Right-click on 'sixteen tons entertainment' and select New > Key.

Enter the new key name: Emergency 4

7. Right-click on 'Emergency 4' and select New > String value.

Enter the new key name: Installdir

8. Right-click on 'Installdir' and select Modify.

In the 'Value Data' field, C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4

Now, exit the registry editor by selecting the File menu and then clicking

on Exit.

I had to do some trial and error to make it work from this post here . Thanks mercurygrandmarquis1

• Upvote 1

Source? This is literally out of the sky...If you paid for your download it works exactly the same way as the disc version.

When exactly does the error come? When you start the mod installer or on the moment you try to install a mod?

• Upvote 1

I cant even find the english version of the patch anyplace. everything is either german or french. Someone answered saying you need a hard copy of the game for something.. Id love to know where to get that as everywhere online ive checked only has it as a digital download. but ya, the english versions of the patches anyone??

If you have 911:FR there are no patches the US version for the game is 1.3 in digital downloads of the game, you have to edit your registry most likely as was described above #8 Post... If you have 911:FR or EM4 it makes a difference as these games have different install directories..

Guest scotty

well i have 911 first responeders and i download los mod,just cant get it to work.i go to mod on the game and it show that it wa installed i go to play it and it dont work goes back to desk top,when i play the reg game it has los heicoter in it like it stuck between games what should i do i dont no how to do it,

Guest cmeeks1717

I just bought the game today from the Atari website. I am trying to add the New York mod but i cannot because of the same issue u were all having. I followed all the steps but it still seems to not be working. FYI i am on a WINDOWS 7 os. Someone please help

Guest ChrisKiernan

Hey all! I was ecstatic to get it working. The problem most of you are having, I assume, is that youre not installing in both the hkey current user and hkey local machine. This was my problem... But, result!