hauntedlighthouse

Anyone have tips for La Mod Freeplay: Car crash( the one that sets building on fire)

By the time I get there, 3 buildings, a whole grassy area and about 20 cars are on fire.A person is lying on the ground dying,but I can't get near them because the fires are too hot and as soon as my firemen get near they start to get injured.I ended up having to quit tonight.I tried searching up online videos of this accident,but nothing.lol.

Could someone move this or delete this.It was suppose to be posted in LA Mod.

The one up in the upper right corner? What I do is send 2 engine from station one, a ladder, 2 ALS ems and engine and BLS from station 2. You just have to fight the fire with fire fighters with SCBAs, have them rescue people as needed, and clean up the mess after words.

Alternatively, you can have an engine parked there permantly and it will automatically extuingish the fire, should the accident happen.

Having said that, my usual approach is two engines on the hospital parking area and 2 engines on the road where the accident happened and maybe the ladder too.

Or if it gets really bad call a Fire Plane to do a water drop on the severe areas, which actually is realistic because california has wildfires all the time.

That isn't realistic. Fire planes are NOT used in urban areas, only in as you say, wildfires. Wildfires is forest fires i.e.

My trucks are only staffed with 2 FFs each. I empty the trucks in house 1 and send one or two to the parking lot with the cars. Sometimes I'll call a tender or two depending how things are progressing. I use the rapid deploy for all trucks on the scene. Sometimes I'll manually direct them what to extinguish.

I can usually tend to the victim or lift them and drop in a less dangerous location for my ambulance crews to work on.

I generally find the ladder truck useless in the game, which sucks. But I sometimes call it to the scene for the extra FFs and stick them to a truck with a hose. Usually I have it staging down the road if I call it at all. I will sometimes call the USAR squad and stage. I will sometimes use those units on a fire, too.

As you can see, I vary the way I deal with the scene, but definitely getting something to the parking lot in back is important to keep it from spreading. Get the FFs on hoses right away. The more water the better. It's a hot fire, so I'd also recommend getting your police to block the roads nearby (you could use the trucks for this, too, but I think using the police is more realistic).

The reason we keep planes in forests, is because people would get very injured, as well as many different buildings and properties damaged or destroyed, since 1000 lbs of water is still 1000lbs,

The reason the ladder is useless is because they had the choice of making a building that can be put on the map to look nice or a building that can have floors. Not both. That being said, it is useful sometimes to reach the inside of a fire and work out, especially to extinguish cars before they explode if a person can't get there

By the time I get there, 3 buildings, a whole grassy area and about 20 cars are on fire.A person is lying on the ground dying,but I can't get near them because the fires are too hot and as soon as my firemen get near they start to get injured.I ended up having to quit tonight.I tried searching up online videos of this accident,but nothing.lol.

Could someone move this or delete this.It was suppose to be posted in LA Mod.

what i do is send one Engine 100 in the parking lot across the street and one Engine 100 behind the building so when theres a crash they start spraying it usualy keeps the fire under control until i can call back up units

they only time I've used the plane in freeplay was in the old map the warehouse fire/ hazmat situation. I hit the biulding with it becasue the FF were hosing it for about 5 real min and I got sick of waiting.

Is this the one that is between the openable mall and the by the tire warehouse? Because first, I send LAPD to block traffic I send 4 engines; 4 SCBA FF and 2 Paramedics and place on each road in the intersection. I also have a ladder with 4 FF and a PM waiting, which I usually use to pull people out/man power since the rest of the squad is on hoses. The third Engine I put behind the building on the hospital road to extinguish those fires. I call a Large Rescue Ambulance and a Heli to stand by for the FD because by the time this all happens cars start to explode, and i start to treat civilians with them and use LAPD to call transport.

And don't waste your time with the USAR truck the truck is dead space and the Ladder carries Jaws and a larger crew.

Can someone get a picture and post it, please. Because I haven't had a traffic accident like this one and I would like to see it.

ok if you go to the hospital move down a bit and theres a parking lot in front of the cars is 2 big grey buildings and then a T intersection the car crash is right there and one of the cars blow up causing the other ones to blow and making the buildings burn

Tip: go to editor move that event somewhere else OR move the buildings OR always put you screen there and it will never happen

Or if it gets really annoying, you can go in the editor and delete the crash, or change the smoke duration and such. I just changed how quickly it catches fire.

Wait wait wait...lol. You can change how quickly things catch fire? How!?

I send in a few foam tenders and Engine 1's to different locations, then bring in a couple of mass casualty units. It might also be handy, calling in police to move away other bystanders to avoid more injuries :)

In the editor, click on the truck, click properties, traits, then change the smoke duration of the truck. Or in Scene(F1) find the truck and change it in there, but replace the truck once you edit the traits for them to take effect; or just simply delete it. That way you can respond to it easier and better. But personally, I see it as a realistic crash. I can see a vehicle crash and pile up along with the truck exploding due to the damages..but thats my point of view.. :)