MikeyPI

New York Modification Bug Reports (MP)

Multi-Player bugs reported here will be noted, however for V1.0 we will not attempt to resolve these. This mod is capable of MP gameplay, but we did not put emphasis on testing nor making all the features work for MP at this time. Any bugs encountered will be investigated for a later version, but in V1.0 we focused on attempting to get the SP version as bug-free as possible.

Unless of course they come with a cash prize - Newfoundking

Tried MP, couldn't get any ladder trucks to deploy from the station. Just for future reference.

To deploy you mean come out of the station or deploy on the map? The more specific you are the more likely we will be able to tell how to resolve an issue=)

MikeyPI, I meant come onto the map. I've had units get stuck inside the station before on LA MOD, but you could highlight them and drive them out. The 2 ladders will not spawn and come onto the map. We tried as the host and the joiner.

The good news is in 2 hours of multiplayer play we could find only 2 bugs. 1. was the ladder trucks and 2. there seemed to be a limited number of fire engines that would come out of the map. Once we had 5 or 6 on the map, no more would come out. They would be purchased and show in the vehicle list, but they would not spawn.

Was a lot of fun to play multiplayer with this mod, thanks guys.

MikeyPI, I meant come onto the map. I've had units get stuck inside the station before on LA MOD, but you could highlight them and drive them out. The 2 ladders will not spawn and come onto the map. We tried as the host and the joiner.

The good news is in 2 hours of multiplayer play we could find only 2 bugs. 1. was the ladder trucks and 2. there seemed to be a limited number of fire engines that would come out of the map. Once we had 5 or 6 on the map, no more would come out. They would be purchased and show in the vehicle list, but they would not spawn.

Was a lot of fun to play multiplayer with this mod, thanks guys.

Perhaps we can resolve this by making the fire vehicles not come from the station but instead from somewhere on the map, means modding the MP map... but It's not too much work in reality.... so maybe we can manage that in v1's patch, either that or a new building that is a bit bigger might resolve the issue, either way I'll try something to see what we can do to try to make the MP aspect relatively bugless... The 5-6 furrengine deal ehh that one I have no clue what is causing it so that'll have to wait for another day=/ Sorry

i got a bug for you guys the patrol command crashes the game instantly but only on the host's side the other side says connection interupted

EDIT:i know that MP isn't supported but i thought id let you guys know

Edited by griffy

This happens because I do not think we put patrol paths on the MP map. Therefore it tries to do something it can't. The game then crashes and all other participants get the boot, since it is missing the host

ohh i c ok ill make paths then lol just til you guys get paths on it

The same seems to be said for the goto station command for obvious reasons. I would try other things on it but unfortunatly my mate always forgets and clicks either patrol or gotostation within 5 mins of starting ...

If I can get him to stop being an idiot I could test it more.

Thanks to me having a crappy processor I'm probably the laggiest person here. If everything else works fine for me I see no reason it shouldn't work for everyone else.

I'll try it again tomorow and post back.

Also, with the paths. Would it be possible to just steal the one out of LA Mod until you add your own? xD

One would figure common sense would prevail but then again this is EMP so I set the bar low for common sense... We made it abundantly clear that MP may not support certain features, obviously return to station would be one of these.... The MP map is the default one by design so in theory you could maybe do that if you changed the path names on it, it probrably would work.

Hi, i have problem with multiplayer.

When i play multiplayer game with my friend (Two players), i send ambulance to hospital or send police car to station, game crashed.

But only on the host's side get message with scrip error, the other side says connection interupted

Sorry my bad english, i'm from Finland.

Good mod.

I was playing 2 days ago, besides keeping crashing ever 15 min or so, sometimes the main commands from vehicles and personnel example heal don't work and I have to reboot host so it would work, anyway I'm wondering if it's actually possible to add certain functions like the hospital or the station without only the host having them (like single), i know it implies scripting I guess...

Peace

I had an odd instance where during the mission "Possible Jumper..." I brought over heavy rescue with two fireman and had one of them install a jump pad. But when one person jumped on, another person jumped as well and neither one walked off where i can detain the jumpers.

Another instance was with the small tow truck. I tried towing a car away after it blew up and when the tow truck mounted itself to hook the car up, it froze and never moved after that. I couldnt even select it.

Just two possible bugs that i thought id report, thanks.

Other than that, you guys did an amazing job!!

hey MichaelAngelo the towtrucks the traffic ones the big tow and the nypd traffic tow if there is no path to the car such as it is completely blocked and cant get to it it will install and freeze if its not in the area to get it just shoot it with the cops and then get the flatbed to tow it

After weeks of no issues (since download), both NY & LA mod have started crashing today post load screen. No idea why. Have un-installed/re-installed both mods & then the game itself, same result. Am thinking re-downloading now? as a potential fix?

Im getting an apphangb1 (have tried all google remedies. - Like I said, thia started today, for bo reason after weeks of successful playing. - Have not downloaded or updated anything either.

Anyone with similar issue / experience?

Kind of wierd it all started today also as the site was down, I couldnt re-download the mod..

*shrugs*

logfile needs to be uploaded.

This sounds like a general issue, not one on our behalf, but I'll suggestsomething.

Roll back all updated drivers

Why, I didn't update anything?

No but your computer sometimes does that behind your back, unless you turned it off, which I doubt you did, since most people don't, as windows discourages it. Try it, the worst that happens is nothing changes, and you have to redownload the updates.

Basically, it sounds like that was probably the problem, a video card update screwed with the game

The emergency lights in NY Mod seem to have this eerie unnatural glow, as if they are overly fake - where as the emergency lights in the LA Mod seem really natural and quit good. I don't know if something different was done to the NY mod to create this effect, but at least for me, it breaks my immersion.

The emergency lights in NY Mod seem to have this eerie unnatural glow, as if they are overly fake - where as the emergency lights in the LA Mod seem really natural and quit good. I don't know if something different was done to the NY mod to create this effect, but at least for me, it breaks my immersion.

Firstly, this isn't an MP bug, nor a bug for that matter...Secondly, just get a light alteration, there are two in the NYC mod section. Or make your own.

Small question in regards to the patrol function on MP:

If i were to replace the map with LA mods MP map which has patrol paths, would this mean the patrol function would work or would I have to tweak around with the scripts etc?

EDIT: I can't seem to find the multiplayer map in the NYC mod folder?

EDIT: Scrap that, realised you used the original im testing this now

EDIT: Confirmed this works a charm!