MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

I deleted my cache and still get mod package corrupted message. I will try on another computer shortly though. Could it have anything to do with the fact that I have 911 first responders and not em4, also I bought it off of amazo digitally, if that helps.

Ya, I honestly dont see how clearing your internet cache has anything to do with not being able to install the mod. The mod doesnt come with an installer, and if you try to use the one included with the game, it will not run. I had zero problem installing the LA mod so it has to have something to do with the ny mod itself, not our computers.

The LA mod 2.0 came as an application as an exe file. so it installed fine. the la mod 2.5 and the ny mod are not exe files and will not install once you unzip them. they are mod files and windows does not recognize them nor cant it open them. so ya, im lost as to how you can install either.

First let me say great Mod, this has been a long time coming. I just have one question will the ESU units be able to handle rescue operations and will the ESU heavy rescue and small rescue have the rescue equipment on them.

I agree somewhat. The pursuit/arrest command sometimes made things too easy. It would be better if it was just pursue and not an automatic arrest, to make things more challenging. I miss being able to call for backup too. This is just version one though.

Some other things:

Traffic Agents (Not Officers) do not carry guns. Their cars also don't have sirens and they wear light blue shirts. They are not Police Officers.

Hats! NYPD PO's need 'em.

The Bat Chief and EMS Command seem useless. Then again it is V1 so you probably didn't add functionality for them yet. Hopefully you give us a Police Supervisor.

It would be nice if the PD was similar to the Fire Department in terms of vehicle parking (IE, cars parked in front of the precinct, and you can call officers out of the precinct to go into the parked cars)

REP trucks should be able to patrol. That is their entire purpose.

I'll think of more later.

You can make the REP trucks patrol by going to the editor and adding the command

I figured out my problem with the mod not installing. The problem was the modinstaller couldn't figure out where to put it so it just said it was corrupt. The problem was it wanted to install it to sixteen tons\emergency 4\ mod but after emergency 4 i had 911 fr folder so i had to put all the things in the 911 fr folder where the 911 fr folder icon was then delete the 911 fr folder and then it worked. So originally it looked like Sixteen Tons Entertainment\ Emergency 4\ 911 First Responders\ Mods and after it looked like Sixteen Tons Entertainment\

Emergency 4\ Mods.

I figured out my problem with the mod not installing. The problem was the modinstaller couldn't figure out where to put it so it just said it was corrupt. The problem was it wanted to install it to sixteen tons\emergency 4\ mod but after emergency 4 i had 911 fr folder so i had to put all the things in the 911 fr folder where the 911 fr folder icon was then delete the 911 fr folder and then it worked. So originally it looked like Sixteen Tons Entertainment\ Emergency 4\ 911 First Responders\ Mods and after it looked like Sixteen Tons Entertainment\

Emergency 4\ Mods.

What ya just said confused the hell out of me.. LOL

i'm trying to remember... I believe they can get it from the armored vehicle or...the radio car I think it is...I forget here is what I did do a simple mission like the fire at an open air concert put the fire out then just call units to the big open field and mess around to figure it out thats how i figured out the riot police

Really good, Not had chance to play it properly due to my graphics card on it's last leg, But from what i can see, It's great :)

Ya, I honestly dont see how clearing your internet cache has anything to do with not being able to install the mod. The mod doesnt come with an installer, and if you try to use the one included with the game, it will not run. I had zero problem installing the LA mod so it has to have something to do with the ny mod itself, not our computers.

Clearing internet download cache erased the rar file form your computer's memory. Cache is supposed to work to save recently used objects so it'll load faster next time you try to open it. By erasing the cache, it will erase the rar file, so you can redownload a fresh copy and try installing again with the mod installer. Remember, download, save the file and install. And no it's nothing something on our end, since people have download it and they were able to play it.

The LA mod 2.0 came as an application as an exe file. so it installed fine. the la mod 2.5 and the ny mod are not exe files and will not install once you unzip them. they are mod files and windows does not recognize them nor cant it open them. so ya, im lost as to how you can install either.

Download, extract and use the Modinstaller found in the main directory of the game to install it.

First let me say great Mod, this has been a long time coming. I just have one question will the ESU units be able to handle rescue operations and will the ESU heavy rescue and small rescue have the rescue equipment on them.

You can make the REP trucks patrol by going to the editor and adding the command

1. Right now, they function mostly as regular personnel, since they'd have to get adjustments to a whole lotta stuff to be able to dually function as firefighters, plus it makes the game too easy if everyone does everything.

2. If we make it so the REP does patrol it'll be against a regular patrol path, and will have a special area of the map to patrl, that would fit in with logical paths for it's purpose

has anyone had the insane task of trying to stop a stolen car...the streets aren't long enough so you can't run ahead and put spikes down cause 10 times out of 10 it turns before you strips haha and even if you do get them down a lot of times they drive around the freaking strips.

You do realize the helo does stop the car right?

It is assumed that esu officer can get shield or mp5 from esu armoured vehicle or not?

Right place, however I do beleive that the Heavy rescue does have the equipment, if it doesn't that's something we missed and had intended to do

Mod is great, but i have a one little suggestion :idee: - Afro-american Cops! You know, they spawn like a female police officer or instead of them.

Yeah, it was quite weird seeing all white Traffic Agents, considering I've never seen a white TEA. :holdglass:

Highway needs their big leather jackets and boots too. Eventually I guess.

Excellent mod, despite the great similarity with the LAMOD, this new change but still keeps some peculiarities that makes you so unique, even though a 1.0 version, it shows a high level of gameplay and proves to be one of the best releases so far, and some work for the next versions containing updates, you can very easily overcome LAMOD in my opinion.:grinsevil: