MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

Maybe I should've asked this first, but I didn't because it's the "plugged in" of this game. Is it updated to version 1.3?

Alright I am at the frustrated beyond belief state.

When I Launch the game in the lower left corner is says v1.3f - fr So I think that would be a yes.

I did exactly what you said in the above post.

Delete the mods, the game, the install file, restarted the computer.

Next I re-downloaded the game. Installed it in C:\Program Files (x86)\WizardWorks

Install worked and then I started the game confirmed that that works. It did.

Next I sent and edited the regedit file on my computer since the Mod install said game not installed correctly (same problem others have said on this site) Did the fix that was described on another thread. This: http://forum.emergen...rs-from-amazon/

Once i did that it worked so I can use the Mod installer.

Then I download the NY Mod to my desktop and then tried to install it using the Mod installer. As soon as I double click on the file it pops up a window that says "Mod package is corrupt"

Once I click on ok since that is my only option it closes.

I go into the Mod folder and the NY mod Folder has been created but it has nothing in it.

That is what it has done every time. Any ideas would be great.

After one last try i fixed. it I will explain the correct way tomorrow please make sure to tag or post or something to this because it will contain a combination of issues that make this actually work.

Alright... So here is the solution. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this mod. The problem is with the game.

So if you can not get the NY mod to install or any other mod for that matter you need to do the following.

1. Uninstall all MODS, Saved games, anything from 911 First responders - Start from scratch

2. Re download the game from Amazon. _ Do not use gamelfy, Atari.com or any other website - These might work, but this is how it worked for me.

3. Once the game has downloaded to your computer start the install

4. It will ask you where you want to install the game. DO NOT install the game in the default wizardworks folder. DO NOT DO IT!

5. Change the directory path to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\

6. Install the game in that directory and continue.

7. Once installed - Your Mod installer & editor will not work. You still have more to work on.

8. In the start menu under the search tab type: regedit

9. Your computers regiter editor will open. Be very careful because if you edit the wrong things... you can screw up your computer.

10. Click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE > sixteen tons entertainment > Emergency 4

11. If the last part "sixteen tons software isn't already there create it. I should be there.

12. In that folder that might or might not be a file call InstallDir. If it is already there open it.

13. Change the path to: C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4

14. In my case it had the path at C:\Program Files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4 _ THIS IS WRONG!

15. Once that is changed exit the Reg Editor.

16. Mod installer should now work when you click on it. Download whatever mod you want and use the Mod installer to install it.

17. That fixed the problem. NY mod works for me now.

The most important part is the game MUST be installed in: C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\

I hope this helps everyone. I figured this out between reading a bunch of different threads on this site. There wasn't one that had the whole process.

To fix the "missing editor"

1. Make a shortcut to the EM4.exe file on your desktop

2. Right click and open up the properties

3. in the line that sais TARGET change it to: "C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\Em4.exe" -editor4.

4. Rename the short cut to EM4 Editor so you don't get confused.

5. Use the short cut and your in the editor.

It's not "too easy" it's realistic. Units need to be able to call for backup. The officers should be able to use persuit and there should be ambulances in the firehouses. Not to sound mean but I think the LA mod has the NY mod beat. I think we need to up damage taken and someone said that we needed to make the riots more realistic

What do you mean units need to call for back up... The police can call for back up. The battalion chief can call for back up.

This is still a work in progress mod. If u haven't noticed the map is the default map just with a police and fire house stations, plus the hospital.

I agree with what the creators said, "the pursue action created a way to easy again."

Further more to that is that if you notice if u pull the gun out to arrest the subject the police fire on to suspect. What one of my professors (who is a retired police officer) says, "if you are going to pull out your gun, your intent is to kill the subject you are arresting." And that's what I do now. If I have to pull out the gun and shoot the suspect I let him die.

Still though, this is a great mod. Keep up the good work guys. I know you guys are slowly working ;)

I have just installed this mod and when I go to free play I can't interact with any of the units. I can call vehicles from off screen and they arrive where I sent them. but clicking on the vehicle does not get the men out of the vehicle. If I click on the icon of a unit in a vehicle they will get out, but then I can't do anything with them, they wont move or anthing. I also cant move the vehicle one it arrive on scene.

I have just installed this mod and when I go to free play I can't interact with any of the units. I can call vehicles from off screen and they arrive where I sent them. but clicking on the vehicle does not get the men out of the vehicle. If I click on the icon of a unit in a vehicle they will get out, but then I can't do anything with them, they wont move or anthing. I also cant move the vehicle one it arrive on scene.

Did you play any other mod before playing the NYC? You can't be playing the LA mod and think I am bored of this I am going to go play NYC. For some reason it doesn't like that. You have to exit out and then go back into the game and load the mod fresh.

If it isnt because of the reason above ^ Do you own a legal copy of Emergency 4? I have known that owning a pirated copy can stop you doing the things you've stated.

Because I haven't had enough problems and fun...

So from the above posts I made I got the mod to work... in fact it worked great.

Until today. So once I got it working a few weeks back I played it a bunch, but then got busy and work got in the way. Today finally had some time to play it again and well yeah...

Load the mod just like normal, no problem. Went to play the Freeplay map, loaded that...

There is when the problem happened. The map is gone. Everything but the map is there. All that shows up is the blank grid like what you would see in the Editor.

All the units, commands, Mini Map, pull down task list... all there. Map gone. So i tried to call a unit I could call it but it never came up.

So after that happened I uninstalled the mod. shut down my computer and re installed the mod.

No luck same problem map is missing. just the Grid. HELP HELP HELP!

Let me know what other info you need. To the best of my knowledge I changed nothing in the game since I played and it worked last.

And FYI I tried to load the map that normally comes with the game freeplay map... Works perfectly.

thanks in advance.

Small update on the New York Modification:

Me and MikeyPI have talked about the future for this mod a while, and we're going to continue in this modification in the future. So that's good news right? A couple of ideas have been discussed and a future version of this modification is going to be something that has never been done before for EM4. At this moment I cannot provide more information though.

Hoppah & MikeyPI

YAYYYYYY :D :D :D lmfao lolz :O haha yayyyy....lolz0:) haha lol...can't wait :D lol...sorry :/ haha lol

Good god, were you on drugs or something? Stop the lulz and try to be a bit more serious. This is becoming kinda annoyhing. A simple YAY would suffice next time. Ok? :)

It would be awesome if this was updated.

Thanks, we're trying our best.

Good god, were you on drugs or something? Stop the lulz and try to be a bit more serious. This is becoming kinda annoyhing. A simple YAY would suffice next time. Ok? :)

Thanks, we're trying our best.

Yes I know sorry :(...im trying my best its developed into a habit like I must say it...partially not entirely my fault tho;)