MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

May not be the last version,

Although there are no updates?

Unfortunately not, MikeyPI's computer broke down, so he's not able to work on the mod at the moment. Therefore, I do not really work on the mod either. I've only made new trafficlights and streetligths so far. Newfoundking added those to the a new map. As soon MikeyPI has a new computer we hope to pick up the pace again. :)

Hey guys, the mod is great! I was wondering if you ever thought about adding a couple NYC Sherriff's Office units? http://en.wikipedia....rk_City_Sheriff

Even thought it will be nice to see them, It will be a bit useless as they really do not do much but just drive around towing cars that owed tickets to the state and or to do evictions . They do not take 911 calls nor report to any emergency unless they see a crime being commited on their watch ..

Even thought it will be nice to see them, It will be a bit useless as they really do not do much but just drive around towing cars that owed tickets to the state and or to do evictions .

I can see a Sheriff's traffic tow truck in my mind... Ah well. Too bad, eh? kinda wanted a freeplay event where a guy goes loco on the Sheriffs after they tow his pickup :P

I really like this mod, not to big but everything is there what's needed.

But can you tell me you are aware of some issues.

I mostly play MP, i wanted to let the Patrol car, patrol the city and the mod crashed. Also i had some errors during gampeplay in MP.

Regards,

Didier

Hi :)

There's an easy fix for this as on the NYC map there are no patrol paths.

If you have the LA mod, (if not download it from the downloads section above), and got to the maps folder in there.

Copy and paste 'multiplayer.e4m' to the NYC mods maps folder and then patrol should work.

Back to station etc however will not.

Help! So after way to long I fixed my mod installer to work. Now when I try and install the this mod it comes back with corrupt I have re downloaded, extracted, restarted, etc a dozen times. No luck. Please help!!! Every time I try it installs the Folder for the mod but nothing else and says corrupt.

Help! So after way to long I fixed my mod installer to work. Now when I try and install the this mod it comes back with corrupt I have re downloaded, extracted, restarted, etc a dozen times. No luck. Please help!!! Every time I try it installs the Folder for the mod but nothing else and says corrupt.

Can anyone help? Yes it is a legal copy bought it from Atari. Please help I really want to try this mod!

What your problem appears to be is that you have a corrupt mod file. The fix is almost as simple as the cause. Erase your cache. Redownloading from this site a million times is useless if the first one was crap. If you erase the cache, it'll download a clean copy, and this one should not be corrupt

If you can't get it installed, there are one of three problems:

1. You have a pirated copy of the game, or otherwise illegal copy. These aren't supported and you're on your own.

2. You have to reinstall it, due to a corrupt install, or you need to redownload the mod, as it's corrupted. The same thing can happen with EXEs. Note, apparently atari downloads suck and create problems. You're on your own there, we can't do anything with that.

3. You've been doing something wrong. If you legally obtained this, there should be instructions on how to install mods. Follow that step for step. If it's a modfile problem, you've gotta redownload it. If it's a game problem, it's gotta be reinstalled.

If you did EXACTLY as you were instructed, and it's still not working, you didn't do EXACTLY what you were instructed.

Uninstall the game. Full uninstall. When it's finished, if there is anything in the folder, select it, hit shift+delete. When you have that done, hit enter

Restart your computer.

Reinstall the game

Clear the browser cache. If possible, download from a different browser.

Using the modinstaller.exe, install the mod.

There won't be any problems.

If there are, and you come back saying it's not working, I'll simply delete your post. It'll have the same effect as if I left it there. If there are ANY problems, post EXACTLY what you did, step by step, and post a screen shot of the error, or at the very least, verbatim of what the error is.

If you can't get it installed, there are one of three problems:

1. You have a pirated copy of the game, or otherwise illegal copy. These aren't supported and you're on your own.

2. You have to reinstall it, due to a corrupt install, or you need to redownload the mod, as it's corrupted. The same thing can happen with EXEs. Note, apparently atari downloads suck and create problems. You're on your own there, we can't do anything with that.

3. You've been doing something wrong. If you legally obtained this, there should be instructions on how to install mods. Follow that step for step. If it's a modfile problem, you've gotta redownload it. If it's a game problem, it's gotta be reinstalled.

If you did EXACTLY as you were instructed, and it's still not working, you didn't do EXACTLY what you were instructed.

Uninstall the game. Full uninstall. When it's finished, if there is anything in the folder, select it, hit shift+delete. When you have that done, hit enter

Restart your computer.

Reinstall the game

Clear the browser cache. If possible, download from a different browser.

Using the modinstaller.exe, install the mod.

There won't be any problems.

If there are, and you come back saying it's not working, I'll simply delete your post. It'll have the same effect as if I left it there. If there are ANY problems, post EXACTLY what you did, step by step, and post a screen shot of the error, or at the very least, verbatim of what the error is.

It is a 100% legal copy of the game. I originally bought it from Direct2Drive.com which was bought by Gamefly.com which currently sucks but that is a different story. Just as bad as the Atari download.

Oh and I have downloaded the Mod using Google chrome, Firefox and even internet explorer. Each one when trying to install it into the mod installer came back with corrupt.

I have not tried to uninstall everything including the game, which I will do tonight. I hope that will work. The reason I haven't posted the exact verbatim error information on what the error is, was because it has already been told many time on this site and in fact a few pages back on this thread But every solution that I have seen has either worked for only a few people(not me) or have just been ignored. I figured since it has been brought up before I would have been wasting my time readdressing it word for word again.

However, I will give it by best shot and uninstall and re-install the entire thing tonight, and if it doesn't work I will then give you a very detailed version of the problem. Thanks for your help, I will let you know how it goes. I might just say screw it and but a hard copy from amazon.

Update for people who want to download the game from a legal website... DO NOT USE Gamefly.com The version they sell has no Mod installer at all.

Good thing I apparently knew this back when i first download the game, because I apparently also bought the game on amazon.com. Downloading that one now! Lets see if it works.