MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

I really like your Idea of making things not to easy.

But there are 2 ways to do it. One is like to just dont add easy things like the AutoArest and the other is realism.

I preffer realism. As far as I know, almost every NYPD copcar has a traffic advisor. Also Cops can call for EMS or Fire offcause.

That wont make the game too easy but gives it a much better handling and realism.

If you take a look in the hard modded german Winterberg mod, you can see that its full of scripts wich makes things handy/realistic. Like that EMS personell auto treat patients or you dont have to click the command that they will drive to the hospital ect.

But the mod is still pretty hard since you have to do other things that time, like find a hydrant for your firetruck otherwise the watertank gets empty ect. Or Firefighters need to get there scuba or will collapse.

I think thats the way to do it, making a game realistic, giving it a nice handling + not making it easy.

Thats just my opinion.

Its a great mod and I cant wait for updates.

But there are 2 ways to do it. One is like to just dont add easy things like the AutoArest and the other is realism.

I preffer realism. As far as I know, almost every NYPD copcar has a traffic advisor. Also Cops can call for EMS or Fire offcause.

That wont make the game too easy but gives it a much better handling and realism.

If you take a look in the hard modded german Winterberg mod, you can see that its full of scripts wich makes things handy/realistic. Like that EMS personell auto treat patients or you dont have to click the command that they will drive to the hospital ect.

But the mod is still pretty hard since you have to do other things that time, like find a hydrant for your firetruck otherwise the watertank gets empty ect. Or Firefighters need to get there scuba or will collapse.

I think thats the way to do it, making a game realistic, giving it a nice handling + not making it easy.

Thats just my opinion.

Its a great mod and I cant wait for updates.

Good post man. There are a lot of unspectacular things which complicate the job of firefighting. Water supply, building access, high occupancy, traffic, etc. If done realistically, these can make the game much harder than some of the original features. How different would fires be if you had to find a plug for every engine that is flowing water? How about needing to make rescues using aerial ladders on narrow city streets?

I like choices too. I would never choose to play the police side of things. I do it because I have to. Therefore, for me, the autochase script was great. Having a choice to hook up to hydrants, auto chase and arrest is a great middle ground IMO.

The auto arrest script with the gun? That only works if they are unarmed, as it would in real life. If they are armed, you have to chase and arrest them yourself. Or shoot them..

Every cop car DOES, and we did put it on every vehicle, but it doesn't redirect, making each unit have a purpose. NYPD HWY can redirect, regular RMP's cannot. If they could, they would eliminate use of the HWY RMP. And cops can call for EMS, but if they want a fire truck, since there are so many options for fire trucks, it has to be dispatched by you or the battalion chief.

And it does make the game harder BUT two things differ. That's almost a totally different game, just with the same engine and premise. It isn't HARD per se, it just makes you work a lot more to do a lot more tasks. We could set up this in our game, but that would result in writing a totally new freeplay, which won't be happening, since it's not as simple to make all this as you think, we're very limited in freeplay.

I'm sorry for it :stumm:

We you still have your new warnings and a post preview for a little while.

Good post man. There are a lot of unspectacular things which complicate the job of firefighting. Water supply, building access, high occupancy, traffic, etc. If done realistically, these can make the game much harder than some of the original features. How different would fires be if you had to find a plug for every engine that is flowing water? How about needing to make rescues using aerial ladders on narrow city streets?

I like choices too. I would never choose to play the police side of things. I do it because I have to. Therefore, for me, the autochase script was great. Having a choice to hook up to hydrants, auto chase and arrest is a great middle ground IMO.

Well as I said above, some things that are unrealistic are forced because we have no other choice, without rewriting the game. Freeplay is a script that we cannot access, and just sets a huge bunch of parameters to run, AT THE BEGINNING of the game, not during, like mission scripts. This makes it a lot harder. Can we add all these little things in missions? Yes, a million times yes, because it's a mission script, and so much easier to work with, but we cannot do this in non missions unfortunately.

I'm the bold

Sorry if this question has been answered before but... im unable to spawn the Disorder Unit in freeplay? everything is greyed out :s please help thankyou :)

there are 2 disorder control vehicles one you can find in the police menu and the other spawns when you spawn the first look to the outside of the map sometimes you have to give him a move command

I think that the next installment will be as good as anything out there. What I like about these guys is that they are quietly building their NY map. While I also like updates and pictures and such, these guys have proven that they'll deliver something very nice. They said a little bit ago that they were redoing the map and that the update wouldn't be out for a bit. I trust that when it comes out it will be great. In the meantime, there are other things out there to play. BF3 will be consuming some of my limited video gaming time.....

Long story short, I think Mike broke his computer, and he hasn't really gotten around to fixing it. He's been busy being a super spy and shit. Hoppah is busying hopping around Netherlands, and, well most of my work is the finishing touches, or the ground work, (literally) so I'm not of much use without the team