MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

Hi Guys,

just Downloaded the mod and am very impressed. You have done some fantastic work :cheers: .

One thing I noted with the Dodge Charger Highway Patrol, when deploying the redirect lights, the flashing lights are missing.

This may only be my version, I guess, but I took the liberty of putting some in - they are not perfect (alot of guesswork with the positioning) but seem to be alright in game.

If you would like me to throw you the prototype file to have a look at, I would be more than happy, either way you might like to look at that for the next patch (or not).

Great job

Shane

You guys are awesome!! I've been playing the game and I love this mod, good job!! One bug I did see is when alarm is sounded, the ladder truck would not get staffed. If I see anything else that is not mentioned, I will let you know.

The "alarm" command doesnt fully staff all vehicles, it is designed under the pretense that all vehicles would not be vacant... Because let's face it most the time you only send one or two out at a time, so only 1-2 need to be re-staffed... So what ends up happening is the spawn location does NOT have enough space to accomodate all the persons necessary to staff all vehicles at once... They'd either get stuck or would not spawn at all... Such is why it is how it is, if you only have 1-2 vehicles vacant they should goto the proper vehicle.

hey mikey or someone from the mod you guys mind if i release a map fix for the MP i have patrol routes in the MP map and along with that i have a light mod that i made

this is patched to 1.01 can i release a patch to you guys

EDIT: heres a link to what i've been doing

its still processing as of this point and time but its working on it Edited by griffy

Maybe you could add a tower ladder, i'd appreciate it if you only thought about it... Here are some pics:

12572%20300PX%20123.jpg

perhaps just read the topic and you'd understand why we did NOT add it to V1 or it's subsequent patch.

Gotta re-dl the mod, it is intentional to keep varying versions to a minimum...

Pyro, yep it's on purpose not ev thing can do ev thing;) sux but it's a challenge

I like it just as much as LA Mod but it runs better on my PC than LA Mod. :D

Theres only 3 things I dislike about it and they are:

No pursuit command on cars -

Its made car chases a lot more interesting but since the cop cars refuse to overtake the suspect setting up a stinger in the first place is hard as hell.

No go to station command for Highway Patrol Units -

The units are brilliantly made and I would probably use them all the time if it wasen't for the missing go to station command. Unfortunatly unless they're special tactics units I don't tend to call them from offmap any time other than the start, and since they have no goto station they can't drop off suspects. So I use the NYPD Traffic units over them every time. I spose you could say its efficiency over quality.

Helipad on PD and Hospital -

Same thing as the Highway patrol units really. Calling them off map all the time gets expensive if you end up doing it a lot and when you play it for about 6 hours in a single endless game like me cash tends to get a little low.

Obviously I wouldn't be surprised if you don't do any of the above, after all its your mod. Just a few suggestions from me. I know I'm not the only one wanting a go to station command on highway patrol units. I may be the only one on the pursuit command though ...

Its made car chases a lot more interesting but since the cop cars refuse to overtake the suspect setting up a stinger in the first place is hard as hell.

The units are brilliantly made and I would probably use them all the time if it wasen't for the missing go to station command. Unfortunatly unless they're special tactics units I don't tend to call them from offmap any time other than the start, and since they have no goto station they can't drop off suspects. So I use the NYPD Traffic units over them every time. I spose you could say its efficiency over quality.

Same thing as the Highway patrol units really. Calling them off map all the time gets expensive if you end up doing it a lot and when you play it for about 6 hours in a single endless game like me cash tends to get a little low.

Obviously I wouldn't be surprised if you don't do any of the above, after all its your mod. Just a few suggestions from me. I know I'm not the only one wanting a go to station command on highway patrol units. I may be the only one on the pursuit command though ...

do you know how to get to the editor and add and subtract commands because thats what i do i went in and made new lights added a working multiplayer also added patrol commands to some of the vehicles like the nypd tows as well as to police station scripts for the HWY Patrols

This will never be added to the game as it was in the LA mod, it made the task far too easy, this mod is meant to be a challenge, what we are going to add is going to be different from the one click style of the LA mod.

They were not intended to come from the station, but due to game restrictions they had to be set to come from the station in order to function correctly.... That is why they do not have the goto station command, also note that the hwy cars are a bit faster than the regular cars.

Well the helicopter for the PD has it's uses, if I were you to save a buck I would just never send it home (xfer criminals to cruisers and get new cops from other units if injured)... The ambo coverage makes the medical helo not even close to required but the PD one on the new map will be present on the map it's self, the medical helo probrably will not as medivac services arent common in the city.

I've been using a PD helicopter to chase the car. The person inside after a few moments stops the car and takes on foot, then it's a matter of arresting him with a police officer.

I quite understand why adding an ability to make the helicopters (at least the PD) land at the station is not a priority or not even being considered. But if something like that gets added may I suggest that a civilian airport or a simply heliport be added to the map instead of the helicopters adding on the helipads of their respective station? Of course this being the NY Mod I'm not sure how accurate this would be.

Best regards,

I've been using a PD helicopter to chase the car. The person inside after a few moments stops the car and takes on foot, then it's a matter of arresting him with a police officer.

I quite understand why adding an ability to make the helicopters (at least the PD) land at the station is not a priority or not even being considered. But if something like that gets added may I suggest that a civilian airport or a simply heliport be added to the map instead of the helicopters adding on the helipads of their respective station? Of course this being the NY Mod I'm not sure how accurate this would be.

Best regards,

Nyc does have helipads on the hudson.... whether or not they are used for police helicopters I honestly do not know... if I put them on the map that's where they'd goto, onto the waterfront helipads not on top of the station, the medical helicopter probrably won't end up being able to land at the hospital given it is more of an addition for the missions, in freeplay imo you really don't need a medivac for anything, the ambos can get there just as efficiently... When it comes to chasing cars though the PD helo is your best shot in this mod... so having the PD helo on the map makes some sense, or at least having a place for you to park one when you do buy it.

Nyc does have helipads on the hudson.... whether or not they are used for police helicopters I honestly do not know... if I put them on the map that's where they'd goto, onto the waterfront helipads not on top of the station, the medical helicopter probrably won't end up being able to land at the hospital given it is more of an addition for the missions, in freeplay imo you really don't need a medivac for anything, the ambos can get there just as efficiently... When it comes to chasing cars though the PD helo is your best shot in this mod... so having the PD helo on the map makes some sense, or at least having a place for you to park one when you do buy it.

NYPD has ESU's headquarters on Floyd Bennett Field, in Brooklyn. This is where NYPD houses the Aviation Unit, The Dive team training center, and the training academy for the ESU.