MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

You should just modify the map from the hacker causes total blackout mission. Save ya'll a ton of work.

We picked an area to "shrink" down so that you know it's just not 4 blocks on the map... but it gives a nice representation of an area of NYC for the map basis.... The buildings are the thing that concerns us, it's a good bit of work making a whole new map from the ground up but we'll get it done=)

Will you guys be add limited water supply or just going to stick with unlimited

i second this

Itd take some scripting.

but running water from hydrants to trucks and adding a tanker possibly,

Would add a huge element of realism, and extreme difficulty

I believe the Winterberg mod is like that

yeah it is because its a pain in my butt but its so real.=]

some major bugs you guys should hit would be the r1 and s61 not coming out

@NFK cant you try to reskin the buildings? cause then NY has all these tall skyscrapers and the tallest building in this game is like 3 floors so i was thinking of stacking 2 or 3 of the same building and reskinning them together

And now, a minor question, which is if you guys are working on new voices for the mod? It's just really off hearing the old voicetrack from the original EM4. However, if you don't change the voices, listening to them is an extremely infinitesimal price to pay for the privilege of having such an awesome mod to play.

I'd love to change the voices but none of us are New Yorkers... So unfortunately we can't replicate the NY accent=( We'd need an outside player to help with that for a later version, for now it stays obnoxiously foreign.

You could pull some actual audio off of Manhattan control, or whatever frequency the companies are dispatched on, maybe when you click Engine 10, you'd hear the "Ten Engine Responding" or whatever the action was.

Also, just a quick, but very stupid question. In NYC, ESU vans are also used as heavy rescues, but run by the police, but in your game, my ESU officers cannot use jaws, nor do the trucks carry that equipment. What is the point of ESU in your mod? How do you intend for the player to utilize those units?

some major bugs you guys should hit would be the r1 and s61 not coming out

@NFK cant you try to reskin the buildings? cause then NY has all these tall skyscrapers and the tallest building in this game is like 3 floors so i was thinking of stacking 2 or 3 of the same building and reskinning them together

Helicopters will fly through large buildings, that is why skyscrapers are not allowed in the game unfortunately, add in the camera would be an unhappy camper if you built true high-rises on a map... Remember EM4 is NOT true to life scale, so unfortunately making a proper map of NYC is next to impossible without either the cam getting blocked or helos doing fly-bys through the buildings.... IMO that's worse than doing a low-rise area of NYC on the map.

You could pull some actual audio off of Manhattan control, or whatever frequency the companies are dispatched on, maybe when you click Engine 10, you'd hear the "Ten Engine Responding" or whatever the action was.

Also, just a quick, but very stupid question. In NYC, ESU vans are also used as heavy rescues, but run by the police, but in your game, my ESU officers cannot use jaws, nor do the trucks carry that equipment. What is the point of ESU in your mod? How do you intend for the player to utilize those units?

ESU would make the game far too easy if they did what all they really do, because of NYC's abundancy of calls, they seemed to have hybrid the ESU/FIRE services to be capable of doing both, in this mod which is meant to be far more challenging than the LA mod... It would simply make it far too easy if all the units that *should* do something could... You could send whatever comes to mind and probrably sucessfully complete the objective, that is what I wanted to avoid.. So unfortunately realism pays a price because NYC things work much differently than the strategy-based gameplay I had in mind.... In the game as I've structured it ESU is merely for swat purposes, hostage situation rioters whatever you might want to send them for, they are just cops with more toys to play with, fun toys I'll grant but if they did everything real ESU did the mod would be too easy.

People like having a variety of vehicles to choose from, Although some of the units overlap and have the same use and equiptment, i believe many people still enjoy having a large variety of units to choose from for emergency incidents. There are a few vehicles that I think would add realism and enjoyment in the mod. Here are some ideas:

1. Satelite Truck (would have the same traits as the LAFD foam Tender and could produce more gpms on larger fires) Have minimum equipment (axe and extinguisher)

2742331682_68e50867c2.jpg

2. TSU (Tactical Support Unit) Support truck for the mod, would carry hand tools, no hoses, also could carry an addition boat and flood lights that are carried in the mechanic vehicle for scene lighting and support as well as traffic cones and flares for incidents where units may be on scene for a while. also could direct traffic

3279161960_6003682586.jpg

3. Field Com. (Could be used in mod as a battalion chief, but instead of calling just units in the station, it could call all fire and ems units in the mod, could be used in larger incidents where other units may be needed.

533686739_9b099b85b7.jpg

2612132311_c52c0272b8.jpg

4. Fleet Maintaince Unit, Same at the mechanic unit but part of the fire department, could be used in large fires where fire units could be damaged, would have an emergency response to incidents to fix units on scene, would have a firefighter mechanic that could withstand heat and not get burned while repairing units in the hot zone. (carry cones, barricades, flares, and extinguisher)

19879.jpg

5. BFU 160, would be used in the mod to transport firefighters through brush and narrow ares, would not have a pump, but a saw and axe for cutting a break in a fire. Would be used like the dozer in the la mod

2738882909_245a35a7f7.jpg

6. BFU (Brush Fire Unit) Could be used to fight brush fires, no deck gun, carry 2-3 firefighters and would be able to travel on almost all teraine to fight large woods and brush fires.

4977116290_20dc2b7b02.jpg

7. New Seagrave M2 Engine (about 1/3 of fdny engines are the m2) This is the new engine for the fdny. Would not replace current engine in mod but would be an additional for people who want a more up to date recource

3921043834_293888c674.jpg

8. Tower Ladder, Would be able to be deployed to a window for access into second story and provide a master stream during large fires.

3022526554_00e99f12c6.jpg

9. Marine 1 Alpha (A smaller fire boat that would have a quicker response time than the larger fire boat, it would have a deck gun that would be equivelent to the ones on the engine as far as range and power, could go to smaller fire on the shore and also have the capability of rescuing victims.

2655453701_3e9fc0a357.jpg

Although many of these are not needed to complete the missions and calls in the mod, it would add more realism and allow players to have a more interactive and enjoyable game. Thanks

Oh and if anyone knows how to shrink the images, let me know. Please only reply if its about the post, not the pictures. I do not know how to reduce the size, i also dont want a warning(:

Mike

Paramedic_Engine_2, great ideas. I suggest to do also a FDNY transport van to carry firefighters and a SCUBA unit.

2387553557_c72439c768.jpg

Edit- In the glass is writed recruiting so the van picture is just an example of a FDNY van to get an idea of a FDNY van.

People like having a variety of vehicles to choose from, Although some of the units overlap and have the same use and equiptment, i believe many people still enjoy having a large variety of units to choose from for emergency incidents. There are a few vehicles that I think would add realism and enjoyment in the mod. Here are some ideas:

1. Satelite Truck (would have the same traits as the LAFD foam Tender and could produce more gpms on larger fires) Have minimum equipment (axe and extinguisher)

Already one that is possible but it aint goin into the patch, but who knows?

2. TSU (Tactical Support Unit) Support truck for the mod, would carry hand tools, no hoses, also could carry an addition boat and flood lights that are carried in the mechanic vehicle for scene lighting and support as well as traffic cones and flares for incidents where units may be on scene for a while. also could direct traffic

Why does the mod need ANOTHER boat carrier?

3. Field Com. (Could be used in mod as a battalion chief, but instead of calling just units in the station, it could call all fire and ems units in the mod, could be used in larger incidents where other units may be needed.

I know this one is needed because the UI buttons are very hard to navigate in this mod.... so we desperately need another bohemoth at this time since the UI is too rough.

4. Fleet Maintaince Unit, Same at the mechanic unit but part of the fire department, could be used in large fires where fire units could be damaged, would have an emergency response to incidents to fix units on scene, would have a firefighter mechanic that could withstand heat and not get burned while repairing units in the hot zone. (carry cones, barricades, flares, and extinguisher)

This thing is meant for the Fleet Service Division type of deal... if the units get hurt you've parked too close *puts bumper stickers on the engines.

5. BFU 160, would be used in the mod to transport firefighters through brush and narrow ares, would not have a pump, but a saw and axe for cutting a break in a fire. Would be used like the dozer in the la mod

Doesnt serve any real purpose I can see really other than a toy, especially considering the forest is going to go buhbye.

6. BFU (Brush Fire Unit) Could be used to fight brush fires, no deck gun, carry 2-3 firefighters and would be able to travel on almost all teraine to fight large woods and brush fires.

Maybe for missions but who knows...

7. New Seagrave M2 Engine (about 1/3 of fdny engines are the m2) This is the new engine for the fdny. Would not replace current engine in mod but would be an additional for people who want a more up to date recource

Noper Locked the mod, keeping the mod in the timeframe I picked

8. Tower Ladder, Would be able to be deployed to a window for access into second story and provide a master stream during large fires.

I believe this one has been covered before somewhere... I can't quite place my finger on who said it, oh yeah me!

9. Marine 1 Alpha (A smaller fire boat that would have a quicker response time than the larger fire boat, it would have a deck gun that would be equivelent to the ones on the engine as far as range and power, could go to smaller fire on the shore and also have the capability of rescuing victims.

We can't make the boat fire a smaller stream than the big one does, that is hard coded in the game to use the big cannon on the boats. Aside from that like I said we have 2 boats.

Although many of these are not needed to complete the missions and calls in the mod, it would add more realism and allow players to have a more interactive and enjoyable game. Thanks

Thanks for spamming my bug reporting topic, these things were all bugs so I just deleted it there, and to my amazement it's here too... *snot happy about that

Mike

Paramedic_Engine_2, great ideas. I suggest to do also a FDNY transport van to carry firefighters and a SCUBA unit.

I'm not even sure if they use these things other than at the training center/academy

Edit- In the glass is writed recruiting so the van picture is just an example of a FDNY van to get an idea of a FDNY van.

A Picture is worth a thousand words, but only if taken in context... Finding a picture of a toy doesnt mean that it is used for what it might look like it is.

Well, the most interesting I found in the post of Paramedic_Engine_2 was:

Fleet Maintaince Unit, Same at the mechanic unit but part of the fire department, could be used in large fires where fire units could be damaged, would have an emergency response to incidents to fix units on scene, would have a firefighter mechanic that could withstand heat and not get burned while repairing units in the hot zone. (carry cones, barricades, flares, and extinguisher)

This unit I find very very useful. The other units he showed us doesn't look that useful. What do you guys think about Fleet Maintaince Unit?

We all have a little list of our tasks, Mike models, I do the odds and ends that make the game enjoyable, and Hoppah does the scripts that make the game different.

I know I won't be adding the FSD to my list, and I doubt either of our other team members will be simply because we have much planned for the next version and for something that isn't essential and kinda dupes out current units, I don't really know if it'd be on our priority list. Honestly, will it ever be added? Eventually we'll probably add it, or something to that effect, but is it a priority as a new unit, no way

with everything in here i dont think i have seen anything about maybe having the fire fighters in the res1cue truck to change into dive gear?

i just got the call for the car over the pier and i had the res1cue truck....and no diver, lol. could not change into dive gear and i had to call one from off the map.

with everything in here i dont think i have seen anything about maybe having the fire fighters in the res1cue truck to change into dive gear?

i just got the call for the car over the pier and i had the res1cue truck....and no diver, lol. could not change into dive gear and i had to call one from off the map.

R1 doesnt fully staff at start-up I just add a diver to it's loadout when the game starts... Adding one at start-up would be dangerously slow because of how he waddles if you needed R1 for something.... Changing into dive gear is a later possibility but not a priority right now, we did add the ability to change into hazmat gear for the patch since that one is probrably more useful than the diver is.

I think that fleet Mechanic's truck is a cool Idea, I could be a second technical rescue unit, Another thing that would be cool in the mod, would be a follow command for the Highway patrol units, so you could have a police chase, be no felony stop like in the LA mod. Another is a firefighter must get an EMT bag from the Res1cue or Squad 61 before he can stabilize, but a FF w/ scott wouldn't have too. And finally is it possible for the Paramedics to carry injured persons while carrying his EMT bag? Thanks. It is nice to have some new American Units, That aren't from the LA mod, (Sorry Hopaph :sorrysign: )

I think that fleet Mechanic's truck is a cool Idea, I could be a second technical rescue unit,

That is something I don't think is a primary focus for us, duplicating units right now that is, since FSD has been replaced by ConEd engineers for calls, and the repair function at the station

Another thing that would be cool in the mod, would be a follow command for the Highway patrol units, so you could have a police chase, be no felony stop like in the LA mod.

I think this was something that we plan on doing. It will not be felony stop like the game, but it will be a script that allows a chase of some sort

Another is a firefighter must get an EMT bag from the Res1cue or Squad 61 before he can stabilize, but a FF w/ scott wouldn't have too.

Umm... I don't understand the second bit, about scott, but the rest, it's something I think brings it to the point of too real. Considering what they do, which isn't much, check vitals, and stabilize for a bit, you don't even need a first aid kit for that, since vitals is all manual checks for basics, and stabilizing is only for like +60-70% health anyways, so you're not doing much in the way of a medical kit being needed.

And finally is it possible for the Paramedics to carry injured persons while carrying his EMT bag? Thanks. It is nice to have some new American Units, That aren't from the LA mod,

You have probably never tried this in real life, but a regular ALS bag, I'm just talking the basics, not the drug bag or defib (we have three bags here, plus O2) weighs about twenty pounds and isn't something easy to carry. To fireman carry a regular person while carrying that, it wouldn't be easy... Plus paramedics here need to be able to team lift 250-300 lbs and I'm gonna assume that's the same or there abouts for NY. If so, and you expect someone to fireman carry a person their size, probably 170 or so, it just isn't gonna happen

I think that fleet Mechanic's truck is a cool Idea, I could be a second technical rescue unit,

That is something I don't think is a primary focus for us, duplicating units right now that is, since FSD has been replaced by ConEd engineers for calls, and the repair function at the station

Another thing that would be cool in the mod, would be a follow command for the Highway patrol units, so you could have a police chase, be no felony stop like in the LA mod.

I think this was something that we plan on doing. It will not be felony stop like the game, but it will be a script that allows a chase of some sort

Another is a firefighter must get an EMT bag from the Res1cue or Squad 61 before he can stabilize, but a FF w/ scott wouldn't have too.

Umm... I don't understand the second bit, about scott, but the rest, it's something I think brings it to the point of too real. Considering what they do, which isn't much, check vitals, and stabilize for a bit, you don't even need a first aid kit for that, since vitals is all manual checks for basics, and stabilizing is only for like +60-70% health anyways, so you're not doing much in the way of a medical kit being needed.

And finally is it possible for the Paramedics to carry injured persons while carrying his EMT bag? Thanks. It is nice to have some new American Units, That aren't from the LA mod,

You have probably never tried this in real life, but a regular ALS bag, I'm just talking the basics, not the drug bag or defib (we have three bags here, plus O2) weighs about twenty pounds and isn't something easy to carry. To fireman carry a regular person while carrying that, it wouldn't be easy... Plus paramedics here need to be able to team lift 250-300 lbs and I'm gonna assume that's the same or there abouts for NY. If so, and you expect someone to fireman carry a person their size, probably 170 or so, it just isn't gonna happen

when he says scott

I believe he means an airpack.

R1 doesnt fully staff at start-up I just add a diver to it's loadout when the game starts... Adding one at start-up would be dangerously slow because of how he waddles if you needed R1 for something.... Changing into dive gear is a later possibility but not a priority right now, we did add the ability to change into hazmat gear for the patch since that one is probrably more useful than the diver is.

Adding the ability to change into hazmat to R1 is a good idea but I think it would be better for the Squad because from what I've seen and been reading heavy resuce in NY don't really handle Haz-Mat jobs those are usually for the Squads or the one Haz-mat company that operates in the city. The diver ability would better suit R1 since those types of rescues usually fall on Heavy Rescue or ESU.

Here's the link about Rescues Company's and Squads.

http://www.firefighternation.com/forum/topics/rescue-or-squad

Adding the ability to change into hazmat to R1 is a good idea but I think it would be better for the Squad because from what I've seen and been reading heavy resuce in NY don't really handle Haz-Mat jobs those are usually for the Squads or the one Haz-mat company that operates in the city. The diver ability would better suit R1 since those types of rescues usually fall on Heavy Rescue or ESU.

Here's the link about Rescues Company's and Squads.

http://www.firefighternation.com/forum/topics/rescue-or-squad

You misunderstand... What I mean is that the Haz-Mat company 1 truck and it's equiptment truck can now permit FF's to get hazmat suits out of the equiptment truck, we forgot about this so the guys can be sent in normal gear, but not change into the appropriate attire to fight hazmat fires on that truck... So that is what we fixed in the patch, Squad does not and will not gain hazmat capabilities in the upcomming patch... The diver suit change option imo is not necessary since divers are rarely needed and 3 units in this mod have the ability to carry the guy to the scene... Just staff him on the R1 on start-up and he's on the map, or call in the jet-ski carrier, or the USCG birdie and you got divers=)

You misunderstand... What I mean is that the Haz-Mat company 1 truck and it's equiptment truck can now permit FF's to get hazmat suits out of the equiptment truck, we forgot about this so the guys can be sent in normal gear, but not change into the appropriate attire to fight hazmat fires on that truck... So that is what we fixed in the patch, Squad does not and will not gain hazmat capabilities in the upcomming patch... The diver suit change option imo is not necessary since divers are rarely needed and 3 units in this mod have the ability to carry the guy to the scene... Just staff him on the R1 on start-up and he's on the map, or call in the jet-ski carrier, or the USCG birdie and you got divers=)

Ok sorry about the mix up I was really just tring to help you guys make this mod as accurate as possibe not tying to correct the great job that you guys are already doing with the mod. I have a real interest in different fire and police depts, so i spend some time researching them learn about different units and their functions in there city, and even though alot of citys have the same units alot of time they carry out different functions, for ex. in some city's haz-mat is handled by the heavy rescue company's. So again great job on the mod