MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

Don't know if you guys have thought about this but how about adding an Office of Emergency Managment Unit. The link includes a picture of the OEM van.

OEM NYC Office of Emergency Management Van, Upper East Side, New York City

I also still think it would be a good idea to add some rescue roles to ESU, Ideally when the normal NYPD officers need rescue assistance ESU is usually called on instead of FDNY especially when there is a car accident or a water rescue. Just a thought.

On second thought don't worry about that ESU question it would be good from a cosmetic point of view but would also make the game kinda easy.

awesome mod guys are we think of a version 2 here?

Version two was already in the works when Version 1 was released... this mod is not completed at all, it was just released so that users would have something to play with that was different from the LA mod gameplay that everyone is so familiar with=) There is still much to be done to finish this mod off, just updates will come slower than LA's system to prevent bugs and people confusing versions while trying to tinker with it online for ex... Alot easier the less versions of something roaming about there are (remember for the orig game there are only 1.0-1.3)

On second thought don't worry about that ESU question it would be good from a cosmetic point of view but would also make the game kinda easy.

Yeap that's what we wish to avoid we do not want this mod to be "easy" and have it do everything for you, this mod is meant to challenge the player more than the other mods will, but without requiring as much clicking as the original game did which was kinda horrible... I tried to set it up for a middle ground and I hope I hit the mark on that.

I am british and here we have very simple units. I struggled with LA Mod quite a bit until I read a guide on LA Units and how the system works. Could such a guide be created on New York Mod? Thanks.

I believe a light guide can be written for the patch, IE. not comprehensive, NFK will cover that in the full V2 one, but for the sake of just making it easier on people such as yourself because to be honest even I did not have a clue what did what, I had to research, I can adapt a "functionality" document for the modification for the patch that might help you understand what the vehicles do and what they are intended for in V1 of this mod... NFK will do a more comprehensive documentation of how to do everything as opposed to my UNIT>Usage document I will include in the patch. Hopefully this will be sufficient for the time being..

I believe a light guide can be written for the patch, IE. not comprehensive, NFK will cover that in the full V2 one, but for the sake of just making it easier on people such as yourself because to be honest even I did not have a clue what did what, I had to research, I can adapt a "functionality" document for the modification for the patch that might help you understand what the vehicles do and what they are intended for in V1 of this mod... NFK will do a more comprehensive documentation of how to do everything as opposed to my UNIT>Usage document I will include in the patch. Hopefully this will be sufficient for the time being..

Okay, Thank you :]

Version two was already in the works when Version 1 was released... this mod is not completed at all, it was just released so that users would have something to play with that was different from the LA mod gameplay that everyone is so familiar with=) There is still much to be done to finish this mod off, just updates will come slower than LA's system to prevent bugs and people confusing versions while trying to tinker with it online for ex... Alot easier the less versions of something roaming about there are (remember for the orig game there are only 1.0-1.3)

Yeap that's what we wish to avoid we do not want this mod to be "easy" and have it do everything for you, this mod is meant to challenge the player more than the other mods will, but without requiring as much clicking as the original game did which was kinda horrible... I tried to set it up for a middle ground and I hope I hit the mark on that.

You did and thanks for an awsome MOD, but what about the emergency management van I asked about above it would add a unint who can pretty much call any unit on the map and kind take control of any kinda for joint operperation going on on the map between NYPD, FDNY and Technical.

You did and thanks for an awsome MOD, but what about the emergency management van I asked about above it would add a unint who can pretty much call any unit on the map and kind take control of any kinda for joint operperation going on on the map between NYPD, FDNY and Technical.

This type of vehicle is probrably not going to be possible due to the fact there are a limited number of commands any one unit may posess, I believe there are too many units available for a unit such as this to be plausible to work with just once person on board, and having two people at the same scene would probrably convolute the scenario more than it would assist in resolving it faster.

I've been playing alot of freeplay and the Highway Patrol random basis keeps getting me the same Crown Victoria :1046276128_motz:

Then you broke it... It's all your fault=-( No, really I just tested the Highway patrol and they all swapped correctly there are 6 total, 3 Vics, 2 Chargers, 1 Impala, all 6 came, I bought more and sent 3 more... All 9 did as they are intended.

What in the game is the use for the squad? I know that in real life the squad is pretty much an Engine in its district, and a truck outside its district, but I also know that it is suposed to carry all the rescue tools, and hazmat gear, but obviously the all in one function doesn't fit with making the game more difficult.

What in the game is the use for the squad? I know that in real life the squad is pretty much an Engine in its district, and a truck outside its district, but I also know that it is suposed to carry all the rescue tools, and hazmat gear, but obviously the all in one function doesn't fit with making the game more difficult.

It is there for a few reasons. Mike had an extra space in the FS1 so he needed to put something there. He liked the mural on the side so figured, why the hell not. And thus, 4 hours later, S61 was born!

auxilliary police, Realistically, they wouldn't serve much purpose, since we've got Traffic for traffic, and regular for regular. If Aux does something special though that regular NYPD doesn't do, or that we don't have covered, then please enlighten me, as it's not out the range of possibilities I've overlooked that

As an Auxiliary in a neighboring county outside of NY, don't bother adding it. While we do a great many things in RL, we'd have nothing special to add to the mod.

As for Highway Patrol, they look like this:

3068118391_3dfaaba3ca.jpg

It's already been said, the answer is no.

A corrupted ModInstaller is a possible sign of a pirated copy of the game. (Not saying you pirated it)

Which is not condoned.

If you bought it from Amazon.com or some other digital download source then you get the corrupted modinstaller error. Its not pirated, its poor coding.

Here is the link to fix it.

Well isn't it just like the highway patrol we don't need it but we have it,and it could be useful in traffic. For me I like the apperance of the Auxiliary's logo at the back of the car

The Highway patrol does have a special function, those cars are 10% faster than the regular police department, and in the original version we intended to have the HWY units come from off-map, but unforuntately that caused issues with the doors malfunctioning, so they moved to the PD which makes them seem more redundant than they were originally intended... Aux cops in NYC are more supplemental forces, in the end they'd serve no other purpose to the gameplay aspect of the modification so I have no desire to worry about them at this time. Aside from that the older aux cars looked VERY similar to the existing units in the mod and confusing them could be very easy.

Tiller Ladder some good Map and It would be Great

instead of tiller ladder a tower ladder but the tiller ladder would be cool too and get rid of the train tht ticks me off my units keep getting blown up and then theres a huge fire

Tiller Ladder some good Map and It would be Great

As I've said before there won't be a tiller in this mod, a Tower yes but not a tiller... I am dis-satisfied with how they must work in the game since they can't have physics they just run through everything.. A new map is already on the docket.

As I've said before there won't be a tiller in this mod, a Tower yes but not a tiller... I am dis-satisfied with how they must work in the game since they can't have physics they just run through everything.. A new map is already on the docket.

Oh Great then i can't wait to see the Tower Ladder (I love it also) and Im very interessted how the map will look :)

Good luck on That.