MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

MikeyPI when you make a update can i help you because i live in new york and i can tell you what tipe of cars and stuff to do plz

The mod is locked for it's date to help make it easier to add function instead of fighting a losing battle on attempting to keep all the models up to date, there are about 50 of them currently and that's not even all of them scheduled to be made so you can understand why I've opted to lock the date in I hope... I picked to lock it in from post 2001 to around early into 2008... Gives me a decent selection of toys to pick the ones I like without having to constantly update the models that I've done, instead I can focus on the ones that are still missing from the modification..

The only vehicle that I really have no idea what to do about is the Medivac for NYC, the closest thing I've seen to a medivac in NY is the State Police version of it, and I honestly have no idea if it services the Greater Metro NY area.. So if you have any information regarding that, it could be helpful (IE. who operates the medivac service and what aircraft they use).

The mod is locked for it's date to help make it easier to add function instead of fighting a losing battle on attempting to keep all the models up to date, there are about 50 of them currently and that's not even all of them scheduled to be made so you can understand why I've opted to lock the date in I hope... I picked to lock it in from post 2001 to around early into 2008... Gives me a decent selection of toys to pick the ones I like without having to constantly update the models that I've done, instead I can focus on the ones that are still missing from the modification..

The only vehicle that I really have no idea what to do about is the Medivac for NYC, the closest thing I've seen to a medivac in NY is the State Police version of it, and I honestly have no idea if it services the Greater Metro NY area.. So if you have any information regarding that, it could be helpful (IE. who operates the medivac service and what aircraft they use).

http://www.lifenetny.com/wallkill.html

Not based in NYC, but there Coverage includes it.

If you dont mind i have a few suggestions that would improve Realism and Gameplay

1. Add the traffic bar to all the NYPD RMP's

2. Adding the Return to Station Command To Highway RMP's and the Prison Van

3. Removing the Guns and Handcuffs from the Traffic Cops and Giving them Light Blue Shirts

4. Giving the Patrol Command to the EMS SUV and REP

5. Unmarked NYPD Cars

6. Police Supervisor with the ability to call Mobilizations,ESU, ECT.

7. Turning the NYPD Explorer to a Supervisors RMP (Regular Officers never get Explorers)

BTW if you need voice acting i have a NY Accent

If you dont mind i have a few suggestions that would improve Realism and Gameplay

1. Add the traffic bar to all the NYPD RMP's

Will remove the purpose of the other units special functions... So realistic as it may be it kills some of the strategy of this mod's intent, so that one is not going to happen.

2. Adding the Return to Station Command To Highway RMP's and the Prison Van

Return to station will be added to the HWY RMP's they were originally intended to come from off map but a bug prevented this, so it was an oversight, I believe the prison van comes from off-map which is why it can't return to the station... I have to double check that (nature of having a team doing things we forget what all we did) =)

3. Removing the Guns and Handcuffs from the Traffic Cops and Giving them Light Blue Shirts

Already changed for patch.

4. Giving the Patrol Command to the EMS SUV and REP

This would make the game easier and remove the strategy aspect, which is why they do not have this command.

5. Unmarked NYPD Cars

In the works for the patch, they were forgotten to be totally honest and we realized it after the fact, they will be added for the patch.

6. Police Supervisor with the ability to call Mobilizations,ESU, ECT.

Police supervisor in V1 will not be added, in a later version we will be considering this feature but in V1 or it's subsequent patch there is no need for this.

7. Turning the NYPD Explorer to a Supervisors RMP (Regular Officers never get Explorers)

Unless NYC doesnt do what most places do, which is to have supervisor written on the vehicle, the one I based it off of had no such markings what so ever, but I am not from NYC so I have no idea, it looked like a normal SUV, for V1 it'll stay that way=) (1 PCT 5269) Unit number... I have no clue what it is maybe you do.

BTW if you need voice acting i have a NY Accent

PM me and I'll get the team to get together a script of things we need said hopefully you can convince a few other new yorkers to help out on adding variety to the voice acting, variety=realism.

*see Bold text in Quotes

In NYC the most likely agency to do a medevac would be the NYPD. A few of there Helicopters are certified as air ambulances

The question is, which Helos are, the larger 412's or the smaller blue/white agusta looking helicopter?

Prison Vans come out of the police station btw.

It is possible to have it park at the PD, but I do not know if we will be adding that into V1.

Also I notice that the ESU armored truck is no more resistant to bullets than any other vehicle in the game. Is this on purpose?

That would be a mistake it should be more bullet resistant it will be addressed in the patch.

Just an other suggestion,

For realism's sake you might want to change the trucks from Ladder 16, Engine 10 and Batt. 45 to Ladder 1 Engine 7 and Batt. 1 which are all stationed together in real life.

Ladder 16 is on the Upper east side, E 10 is across the street from Ground Zero, and Batt 45 is in Queens.

We didn't put them together for realism sake, we picked several units from around new york to fit the uses of this game.<br><br>For us to put in Ladder 1, Engine 7 and Battalion 1, we'd have to change the model for the battalion chief unit, slight adjustments on the model for the engine and a totally new ladder and system for the ladder truck<br>http://www.firecanada.ca/profiles/fdny1/images/Tower_Ladder_1.jpg<br>http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3236/2689408178_cf393befb7.jpg<br>http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3502/3731861989_ec8b828d55.jpg<br><br>We picked what we did since they were easy to make, lots of pictures and no problems finding anything on those ones

For future versions can you guys adjust how long cars burn before exploding (like LA Mod) so we can get units on scene before it blows up?

Im pretty sure its only the 412's.

Thank you=)

For future versions can you guys adjust how long cars burn before exploding (like LA Mod) so we can get units on scene before it blows up?

Yes in a future version we can adjust it some, however it won't be totally like the LA mod where it's relatively lax on the time, this mod is supposed to be challenging so it will have a shorter duration than the LA mod has.

Will the unmarked NYPD vehicles be in a separate call button or will they be grouped together with the randomized patrol vehicles?

The unmarked units will be grouped together into their own unmarked grouping using the randomizing script, think just like the ESU suv, but with RMP unmarked cars.

In future versions how are you going to update the hoses? Its kind of funny to see hose packs in a NYC mod :P

We intend to just have them delivered by a fedex guy instead... Small detail don't know how we're going to deal with em or what we can do with them that won't look stupid right now... Very low priority for me.

Where are the riot cops, in wich car?

They be in the Disorder Control Unit Van with the windows (DCU) they come together one is a detainee van, one is carrying the cops that are in riot gear.

I got a sugestion.

Add the Federal Units and the SWAT SUV , border patrol etc. All in LA Additional Units submod.

That would make the mod way cooler to play

There will be new vehicles in some of the next version/s

View the screenshot

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?app=downloads&module=display&section=screenshot&full=1&id=457&record=960

I got a sugestion.

Add the Federal Units and the SWAT SUV , border patrol etc. All in LA Additional Units submod.

That would make the mod way cooler to play

Bad news for ya, this is not a LA SUBMOD! I'm getting tired of saying it 1000 times, IF this were a submod it would be in the LA topics, not in it's own happy little place, new place=because it's a new mod.... I guess the mod just isnt cool to play because it won't get these things... Real shame that, what can ya do? Aside from that what border is NYC on that would require border patrol? in case the pesky dolphins come from the atlantic illegally? That falls under ICE not USBP... The swat SUV, the Fed units are Los angeles units for the most part, specially built and stationed in LA, half of em have LOS ANGELES written on them, the big vehicles vary area to area...

Elas I help again, because I'm a decent guy: Helpful Link=) :idee:

I give up, the majority won't ever wrap their heads around the idea that this is a new mod that was developed separately of the LA mod and merely borrowed some aspects from the LA mod that worked with what we were trying to do.

Hospitals usually don't have fences all around them, unless it's a mental hospital. Our hospital is an open in the city hospital. Mikey did the research for this hospital. The hospital will be getting a sign or two for the NEXT version, but not as an addition to the patch.

Hospitals usually don't have fences all around them, unless it's a mental hospital.crazy-1359.gifmsn-emoticon-crazy-016.gif Our hospital is an open in the city hospital. Mikey did the research for this hospital. The hospital will be getting a sign or two for the NEXT version, but not as an addition to the patch.

I had not thought about it, anyway thanks for the clarifications and rapid response.