MikeyPI

New York Modification V.1.01

What original NY mod? As far as I know, this is the only released standalone NY mod so far. So please enlighten me. :) The others are all submods. And yes, there are a couple of other standalone NY mods in production, but that doesn't mean they are going to be released, as proven many times in the past. We are not going to rename anything, just because other people do not know how to plan or create a strategy. Creating a work-in-progress topic is just plain dumb if you already have a team.

Our strategy was not to inform people about this mod BEFORE we actually could give people something to play with.

Some people will probably be offended by this post. I don't care, just understand it is not fair we have to deal with bullshit like renaming the mod while we used a different -well thought-out- strategy. Our 'plan of attack' actually works better for the kids, because they already have something to play with. In fact, a work-in-progress topic slows your whole mod progress down, no matter if you get smart or dumb questions.

What original NY mod? As far as I know, this is the only released standalone NY mod so far. So please enlighten me. :) The others are all submods. And yes, there are a couple of other standalone NY mods in production, but that doesn't mean they are going to be released, as proven many times in the past. We are not going to rename anything, just because other people do not know how to plan or create a strategy. Creating a work-in-progress topic is just plain dumb if you already have a team.

Our strategy was not to inform people about this mod BEFORE we actually could give people something to play with.

Some people will probably be offended by this post. I don't care, just understand it is not fair we have to deal with bullshit like renaming the mod while we used a different -well thought-out- strategy. Our 'plan of attack' actually works better for the kids, because they already have something to play with. In fact, a work-in-progress topic slows your whole mod progress down, no matter if you get smart or dumb questions.

Great post Hoppah, this is exactly what I was talking about in my earlier post, these other "New York" mods have been in the works for almost three years, that's crazy. I personally think that the "WIP" threads should have rules, if your mod is not finished in a year, we will delete it, unless you have some other issues that the moderators approve. Like I said before, you and your team had a plan and you excuted it and got the job done. The other mods should change their names to "Sorry, never going to be released New York Mod, we just like to show a bunch of staged pictures from the editor mod", lol. Keep up the great work again guys!!!!

I find that post hilarious hoppah because 1)you are right on not renaming it, 2)I KNOW people will get offended by it and 3) they cant do a dang thing about it because you are pretty much top dog around here.

I would say it is like a german shepard bark, a nice dog in general with a terrifying howl, and ready to kill anyone who pisses it off

I don't agree. German Shepards dogs bond well with children, that does not fit my profile.

Isn't that the old LA Mod mascot? Im pretty sure he looks alot like it. Apparently that one got rabies too.

meanie :1046276128_motz: bear is a scandanavian grey wolf, don't make such assumptions he's the same as voodie!

Great post Hoppah, this is exactly what I was talking about in my earlier post, these other "New York" mods have been in the works for almost three years, that's crazy. I personally think that the "WIP" threads should have rules, if your mod is not finished in a year, we will delete it, unless you have some other issues that the moderators approve. Like I said before, you and your team had a plan and you excuted it and got the job done. The other mods should change their names to "Sorry, never going to be released New York Mod, we just like to show a bunch of staged pictures from the editor mod", lol. Keep up the great work again guys!!!!

Well, the biggest issue is people apparently think rome was built overnight, they seem to forget that this is just Version one of a new modification that borrowed some features from the LA Mod, it was not based on the LA mod, if it were it would've taken around 6 months to a year instead of the 1.5 years it did take to develop to this point.... We are not nearly done with this mod yet, we just will be spacing the updates out so that they are more comprehensive instead of here's a new truck or here's a new script, I want to add several features at once, hopefully reducing the bugs that exist per version along with compatibility issues because people don't have the same exact version of the game... Makes development and bug reporting alot easier IMO. A patch will be required for the V1 rendition of the mod, we are aware of this and are currently attempting to resolve the issues that have been pointed out to us, some of them are oversight, some are deliberate, either way we will do the best we can to resolve em as we can=)

Hey can you make a NY mod for EM3 next please :D

Unfortunately I know the scripts and what not will not directly port to EM3 from this version, the models probrably could but whether or not EM3 would lag I can't say for sure.. At this time there are not plans to pursue an EM3 version of this mod due to the fact that the EM4 version is not completed yet.

To be honest, I don't know.. We haven't tested it, nor made any real efforts to even play or make it accessible in multiplayer. For the first version we just wanted a single player version. Will the vehicles work? Some of them definately will. Will some functions not work? For sur. MP is still unsupported, as we haven't really tried to make it work yet

After playing some hour I have to say that you have done a good work but, in my opinion, the mod still needs work. I know that it´s a first version and it has not taken to do as time as the LA mod.

And please, for a next version put back the arrest command in the patrol cars. Another thing that would be grateful to see (apart of some details that have said before, in other posts) is the extinguisher in the patrol cars. And it needs more american cars, I only saw a Cadillac ;)

I would like to know if you can play multiplayer with this mod?

We debated this issue, and in theory it should work in MP in it's current form, however some scripts will not work correctly in MP due to the fact that well, for V1 we didnt really focus on MP nor did we test it at all, the way the mod is setup should permit Multi-Player to be playable though, it just is not as elaborate as the SP version is at this time, in future versions we will add more to the MP aspect but for V1 SP was the primary focus.

After playing some hour I have to say that you have done a good work but, in my opinion, the mod still needs work. I know that it´s a first version and it has not taken to do as time as the LA mod.

And please, for a next version put back the arrest command in the patrol cars. Another thing that would be grateful to see (apart of some details that have said before, in other posts) is the extinguisher in the patrol cars. And it needs more american cars, I only saw a Cadillac ;)

This mod is a Version One mod of a BRAND NEW MOD! This mod is not based on the LA mod, much as people want to think this, I'm sorry it is not the case... Putting back the arrest command in the patrol cars never existed, that is an LA mod feature, not an NY mod feature, sorry the mods are two separate entities so things this one has the LA one will not, and likewise this one. The fire extinguishers in patrol cars might find it's way into the mod in a later version but I am not sure, I don't want this mod being too easy.

American cars take time to build, you see NYC is unique compared to Los Angeles, so adding in a ton of random odd vehicles probrably would not look the same because well, in NY most the cars are cabs or limo service sedans, usually Lincolns, and SUVs... Takes time to make models like that, the cars I have in my stable that I've built already won't fly in NYC because they are not fitting for the city.. But hey everyone seems to think rome was built overnight as I've said before.

I didn't see this in a post, but how do you pick up the barriers that the DCUs deploy?

In V1 I did not do/include a stakebed truck to carry the things, so they are not a unit-usable feature they are only possible through the DCU truck, to remove them, simply tell an officer to pick them up and they will be removed from the map... In a future version once a vehicle which is accurate is developed they will be deployable similar to the LA mod barricades, but in the current version they can only be placed by the DCU van it's self, then removed by the riot cops... They can't be picked up and repositioned manually.

The extinguisher doesn't need to come back. NYPD isn't in the business of putting out fires. Also, it made things too easy.