london

Best Mod to Come

I am about to start a course where a group of technically gifted teenagers want to mod emergency 4 with un prcidented changes so if you have any ideas such as lights or new departments like a Full Coastguard department or a Full and new mission scenario baqsed on Military,Police,EMS etc. and a FULL _______________ your idea here.

Thamks

Hi

well in response I have not made any mods for EM4 but the guys that I am workinmg with have the have made some great new lightbars a full new map which was coined by well lets not say. As I said they are all freakishly good modders and we will be open to any new sugggestions something new not a NY mod 98 or a LA mod V9.2 *joke* so please something original.

Thanks

Here's my idea. This is what I would do if I had the skills. A Metro-Boston firefighting mod. I say Metro-Boston, because I would have different maps. Boston, Chelsea, Somerville, Cambridge, Lynn, etc. I would build it based on Mass Metrofire's mutual aid plan. Why this area? It is a very densely populated area. They have some unique construction that has led to some huge fires over the years. I like their mutual aid style, and they have some diverse response areas.

The only downfall of the "city" modifications, is that they are not very diverse. For instance rotating maps would keep the game play interesting. A waterfront map, a forest map, a high rise district map, a suburban map, an industrial map, etc.

I really like a lot of the concepts of what the NY mod team has said that they are doing. I like real first due areas, with real companies responding on the extra alarms. I like the fact that the next due company may not be available, and that another company will have to replace them. It adds a certain scope to the game. Those of us who have been to large fires and who have seen a company or two from really far away know that it gives a certain depth to how large the situation really is.

Something like this would take a huge amount of time and effort, and I get that people are doing this on their own time. Personally, I think that this very series may be dead. I don't say that with any malice. It has just run its course. I find myself playing less and less. New European mods just don't get me excited. No offense, but I am an American firefighter from the Northeast. Those tactics, apparatus, and maps get me excited. Large, quick moving fires in densely populated areas. High winds, frame construction. Things that cause me to think and use tactics. Large mill buildings that are threatening to spread to the surrounding neighborhoods. Multiple alarms needed. Waiting on help. Frozen hydrants. Narrow streets hindering apparatus positioning. These are the realities of doing the job in this part of the country. Certainly, the NY Mod may offer a lot of these things. We'll just have to wait and see. Hopefully, it is as fun to play as it sounds.

Hate to say it but european mods > american mods. ; )

I'll give you that. This game has been made by Europeans who have put their best foot forward building their home mods. Of course they will be better. My point is not that the European Mods aren't good. They are excellent. But as an American, we do things totally differently. The LA Mod is fun. But it doesn't represent what we in the northeast do.

The game that will grab my attention will blend elements of this game with elements of some of the things that we do. Fires produce smoke. Fires spread dimensionally. Weather affects what we do. Sometimes you have to find the fire. Sometimes you pull up, and people are hanging out the windows. Sometimes you hit the fire with a large stream, and it just laughs at you. Sometimes the fire building collapses. Sometimes there are water supply issues. There are a lot of elements that could be added to this game to make it more realistic and fun. As it stands right now, it is still very fun. But there is a reason why the hundreds of firefighters whom I know aren't playing this game. I believe that it is the same reason that I seem to see fewer people posting. Realism and great strategy count, and we want to play our home cities, not yours.

The North American firefighting community is huge. Not all are gamers, but a lot are. I have no idea how the sales of this series have been, but I can tell you that if someone was to take some of my ideas and add them to what this game is now, it would do very well. Chicago, DC, Philly, San Francisco could all be done as well. I like what I am hearing out of the NY mod, but who knows if and when we will see it. They are really the only ones who have me wanting to keep playing this game. I recognize that this is done in people's spare time, as a hobby. I just think that perhaps the best game would be one that is made for a target audience for profit rather than as a hobby.

I hate to say it but american mods rock to me and so do their trucks haha. I'm not to fond of european roads, buildings, or aparatus for that matter. I guess I'm used to american. Can you make a Henrico mod? The police cars are pretty easy to skin actually haha but you would know about that. There are only 20 engine's in the xounty including a tech rescue engine. 5 trucks, 3 squads, and 1 Heavy rescue (Tech rescue tractor trailer) Can it include occasion fires not fires a lot like LA but misc. fires then sometimes those big house fires. Most of the time, it would be EMS calls and some police calls. I know you;ll probably say no but at least give it some consideration :).

Everyone wants a new game with their ideas for mods, this game is older and you can only do so much without going the NY mod method and making "endless" mission based freeplay, which does permit you to change the maps and things like that... but outside of that the "original" freeplay is pretty well locked in how you can proceed with it unfortunately. I don't think that the system the NY mod uses will be able to be ported over to multiplayer because of latency related bugs so there's another hitch in the concept... Love it or leave it, modifications are just addons to the original system so where the original system fell short unless you make a new game you're stuck in the confines of it... Making freeplay based missions allows you to do more, but you can't do co-op missions in MP.

What I think would help the moding community is if people would all sort of work together. When I finnish with the STA mod I plan to make models and put them in the download center for anyone to use. I am not the best moddeler but I think it could help other mods get made. If the same could be done for scripts so you would just have to know very basic scripting, we would have tons of mods being produced... and finished.

Either a Canadian mod of Vancouver or Toronto, a Sydney or some other city in Australia, an Auckland, New Zealand mod or an Alaska mod

I am about to start a course where a group of technically gifted teenagers want to mod emergency 4 with un prcidented changes so if you have any ideas such as lights or new departments like a Full Coastguard department or a Full and new mission scenario baqsed on Military,Police,EMS etc. and a FULL _______________ your idea here.

Thamks

Are you learning to mod or enhancing your previous skills?

How about this in order for us to see what talented modders you are, why dont you do a submod for the LA Mod or MikeyPI's New York Mod and see if we like what we see out of you. If its a sucess turn it into a full blown mod. Trust me its much easier to make a mod if you start with a strong base first.

I'll give you that. This game has been made by Europeans who have put their best foot forward building their home mods. Of course they will be better. My point is not that the European Mods aren't good. They are excellent. But as an American, we do things totally differently. The LA Mod is fun. But it doesn't represent what we in the northeast do.

The game that will grab my attention will blend elements of this game with elements of some of the things that we do. Fires produce smoke. Fires spread dimensionally. Weather affects what we do. Sometimes you have to find the fire. Sometimes you pull up, and people are hanging out the windows. Sometimes you hit the fire with a large stream, and it just laughs at you. Sometimes the fire building collapses. Sometimes there are water supply issues. There are a lot of elements that could be added to this game to make it more realistic and fun. As it stands right now, it is still very fun. But there is a reason why the hundreds of firefighters whom I know aren't playing this game. I believe that it is the same reason that I seem to see fewer people posting. Realism and great strategy count, and we want to play our home cities, not yours.

The North American firefighting community is huge. Not all are gamers, but a lot are. I have no idea how the sales of this series have been, but I can tell you that if someone was to take some of my ideas and add them to what this game is now, it would do very well. Chicago, DC, Philly, San Francisco could all be done as well. I like what I am hearing out of the NY mod, but who knows if and when we will see it. They are really the only ones who have me wanting to keep playing this game. I recognize that this is done in people's spare time, as a hobby. I just think that perhaps the best game would be one that is made for a target audience for profit rather than as a hobby.

True the northeast presents a totally different dynamic of fire fighting strategy, in a mission this can be very easy to target, in the original freeplay, sadly not... The mission aspect of the game the sky is the limit, in freeplay (original) you've gotta work with what the game gives ya, which tbh really sucks in options... Fires spread in this game pretty good if you set up the objects right... problem is not everyone has a GTAIV capable computer and the engine this game is based on does have a bleed in it's memory so eventually it will fail... So you have to compromise on it when it comes to this game...

No "for profit" game of any real accuracy or desire will ever be developed, to be totally honest the emergency first response community is not ungodly big to begin with when compared to the total world population, let alone how many may play games... so your target market is too small to gamble on a huge investment which would be necessary to successfully replicate it within a reasonable budget per unit cost for the end-product... Sadly, hope modders have the same feelings you do because that's your best shot at what you have in mind...=/

How about this in order for us to see what talented modders you are, why dont you do a submod for the LA Mod or MikeyPI's New York Mod and see if we like what we see out of you. If its a sucess turn it into a full blown mod. Trust me its much easier to make a mod if you start with a strong base first.

Psst... People hate my mod.. So I doubt you'll see many sub-mods based on it because mine is designed to challenge/annoy the hell out of you, where the LA mod high on crack I can play endlessly till I blackout.... Most people apparently want that type of gameplay, where I didnt... so yeah I aint expecting too many to wanna base submods on my mod=) It'll make all the crackheads of EMP have to slow down on toking the pipe and actually have to click on things and do things, which just doesnt work for a drunk or a crackead=/ Oh well what can ya do?

Psst... People hate my mod.. So I doubt you'll see many sub-mods based on it because mine is designed to challenge/annoy the hell out of you, where the LA mod high on crack I can play endlessly till I blackout.... Most people apparently want that type of gameplay, where I didnt... so yeah I aint expecting too many to wanna base submods on my mod=) It'll make all the crackheads of EMP have to slow down on toking the pipe and actually have to click on things and do things, which just doesnt work for a drunk or a crackead=/ Oh well what can ya do?

I thought helljumper51 was doing his Emergency! Submod with your mod.

@station27 who hates your Mod?

Any way how about a Boston mod, I can see this being made with the units from the LA mod with few new models and mainly skins. Bomb/ Tech truck: Boston Police Bomb Squad Special Operations "The Razor" TE-3, vehicle #9720.

Police Van: Boston Police Special Operations vehicle #2515.

I think the rest can explain themselves.... And a aren't boston city units

post-16958-0-34323300-1303084136_thumb.j

post-16958-0-50007300-1303084143_thumb.j

post-16958-0-85655400-1303084151_thumb.j

post-16958-0-02041300-1303084159_thumb.j

post-16958-0-07891900-1303084167_thumb.j

post-16958-0-75107800-1303084175_thumb.j

post-16958-0-82927100-1303084187_thumb.j

post-16958-0-30585300-1303084194_thumb.j

post-16958-0-04123700-1303084203_thumb.j

post-16958-0-73186800-1303084209_thumb.j

post-16958-0-41813700-1303084219_thumb.j

post-16958-0-13652300-1303084238_thumb.j

@station27 who hates your Mod?

He was responding to me... People compare my mod to the LA mod, two totally different mods and expected the same things to exist in both, sadly for them I did not want that so I went a different way, with a new mod that has only had 1.5 years roughly into it... so they are unhappy they can't sandbox my mod like the LA mod permits them to... This is intentional but they don't care so they don't like my mod... What can ya do?

the one thing that hasnt actually really been done, is an american rural mod. there some that are WIP. But, they are just that. 70% of firefighters in America are volunteers in smaller communities. Why don't you guys give that a shot, with small towns, volunteer responding to the stations. An aged mix of apparatus, longer response times, more chances for the fire to grow, field on fire, people injured in difficult to access areas. Things that are dealt with in a rural area. just a thought. I'm sick of inner city mods lol.

the one thing that hasnt actually really been done, is an american rural mod. there some that are WIP. But, they are just that. 70% of firefighters in America are volunteers in smaller communities. Why don't you guys give that a shot, with small towns, volunteer responding to the stations. An aged mix of apparatus, longer response times, more chances for the fire to grow, field on fire, people injured in difficult to access areas. Things that are dealt with in a rural area. just a thought. I'm sick of inner city mods lol.

I couldnt agree more