CultziBolzi

[USA]Chicago Modifaction {In Progress}

Chicago Modifaction

Hey, i started working on USA Chicago mod project.

Models are mostly made by CultziBolzi (Me). :police:

Team for now:

Regio19Modification

OfficerMax(Banned because not active)

CultziBolzi

In-Progress Models:

Engine 4:

post-11211-0-94851200-1298248491_thumb.j

Still needs to fix the smoothing errors!

Model by: CultziBolzi

Engine 4 almost textured:

post-11211-0-93000600-1298291877_thumb.j

Back of the engine

post-11211-0-92177900-1298328022_thumb.j

Ambulance

asdasdasdox.png

asdaddasdsadsdsdsd.png

Hope you are interested of our incoming mod :popcorn::holdglass:

Hey nice model so far, but I see you are using 3ds Max. I would not recommend making half of the model and then mirroring it. It is a very lazy and half ass(pardon my langauge) way of doing it. you add way more polys than needed, and it makes UV Mapping harder than it should be. Take the time and do the entire thing. you will use less polys, which you can than take advantage of and add more details. The game doesnt like anything over around 5000 polys. Then you can make something like this: http://s52.photobucket.com/albums/g19/helljumper51/?action=view&current=dsasa.png

which is easier to UV Map and works well ingame.

I would love to help in some way (maybe research). I hope u guys stay with this mod cuz Chicago mods in the past a falling threw.

P.S. I think iwolf might still be work on one at least he was a couple of months ago( hasn't updated his thread in a while).

I could do some lights if you want Im best at LED lights on PD Cars and others.

Okay, but i can do lights by myself too, but if i need any help in hard lights, ill contact you, ok?

Hey nice model so far, but I see you are using 3ds Max. I would not recommend making half of the model and then mirroring it. It is a very lazy and half ass(pardon my langauge) way of doing it. you add way more polys than needed, and it makes UV Mapping harder than it should be. Take the time and do the entire thing. you will use less polys, which you can than take advantage of and add more details. The game doesnt like anything over around 5000 polys. Then you can make something like this: http://s52.photobuck...rrent=dsasa.png

which is easier to UV Map and works well ingame.

Thanks for that tip, ill try that, but i think im going to make this one by mirroring, bechause im already at that point! (:

This sounds great, I was waiting for this but I hope that it doesn´t finish like the other Chicago modification.

Do you now the list of units that are you going to do?

I still have no list of units : D but i am going to make one soon

I would love to help in some way (maybe research). I hope u guys stay with this mod cuz Chicago mods in the past a falling threw.

P.S. I think iwolf might still be work on one at least he was a couple of months ago( hasn't updated his thread in a while).

If you could research some photos of units, it would help allot, thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Engine 4 Cabin Almost textured, i still use zmodeler to texture bechause i still have to learn about uv mapping in 3ds max!

post-11211-0-03193600-1298291710_thumb.j

UV mapping in 3ds is really nice to use IF you know how to use it. otherwise its a pain in the ass lol. Also one time when I exported to zmodeler to export as a v3o model, the texture didnt show up. so I had to retexture. I find it is just easier to do it in zmodeler.

Here some pictures of the Chicago police department, maybe can help you:

My linkhttp://policecarwebsite.net/fc/pcarsite/chicago.html

There was another page with more units, I´ll try to search it :)

Oh thanks that's really helpfull for me, im also started to create the new rescue truck

Cabin may i fix : D

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

....Aand the back of the truck. 100% made by me, hope you like it (:

post-11211-0-01154400-1298327784_thumb.j

:cheers-mate:

ps. see what a modelling program can do, i have advanced allot in modelling i think (:

Thank you, I appreciate that (:

So i am going to make this mod mostly about District 1 it includes:

First i am going to make Battalion 3, bechause i have alread started E4.

Battalion 1

Engine 1, Aerial Tower 1, Ambulance 41

Engine 13, Truck 6, Batt 1

Engine 42, Truck 3, Ambulance 42, Ambulance 93, 2-2-1 (Deputy District 1)

Engine 58

Engine 98, Ambulance 11

Battalion 2

Engine 8, Truck 4, Ambulance 85, Batt 2

Engine 16, Ambulance 35

Engine 19, Truck 11, Ambulance 4

Engine 29

Battalion 3

Engine 4, Tower 10

Engine 14, Truck 19, Ambulance 53, Batt 3

Engine 22, Ambulance 43

Engine 30

Battalion 4

Engine 5, Truck 2, Ambulance 28

Engine 18, Ambulance 84, Batt 4, OFI

Engine 23, Tower 5, 4-5-2

Engine 26, Truck 7, Ambulance 45

Engine 103

Special Units/Equipment

Squad 1

Squad 1A

6-8-7

5-6-1

6-2-4

5-2-2

Engine 58 (Fireboat)

Comm Van 2-7-1

Comm Van 2-7-2

Haz Mat 5-1-1

5-1-11

5-3-0

6-7-1

8-8-4

6-1-2

6-3-1

8-8-2

No i think its going to include only one station, but the other cars are going to be callable ofc

You could make it so that its only one Battalion on the Map and the others are from off the map. Since theres only a couple trucks in each station this would be more realistic. Also is the map going to be a modified of the original or a completely new one. My mod is having a new map. Do you have anyone doing scripts or will there not be any new ones?

For the initial release of the mod, you should seriously think a lot smaller scale. Honestly, there's no need for all of that apparatus weather they come from on or off the map. The model looks really nice though.

Thats what i thinked, having few stations, too much cars are too much, but Ny mod by ffwtut have many cars too.

all of the units is pretty much just a matter of renumbering (two engine models are engine 42 and engine 4)(truck models would be truck 3 and tower 10)(ambos are all the same) (chief cars r either ford explorers or expeditions or Chevy Tahoe). i would probably just do battalion 1 coverage E8 house E 4 house and E5 house. any special units i.e. dive van or collapse truck can just be called off map.