groovybluedog

Mod Beginner

Hello Everyone,

I am new to modding of any game, and this will be my first. I wish to start off by editing the freeplay map. I want to change the fire station layout and add traffic lights. Its not the fire station layout or traffic lights I need help with, as I can probably figure that out later. Its how to get to that stage. What software do I need? Do I need to convert anything?

Regards

-Groovy

Hello Everyone,

I am new to modding of any game, and this will be my first. I wish to start off by editing the freeplay map. I want to change the fire station layout and add traffic lights. Its not the fire station layout or traffic lights I need help with, as I can probably figure that out later. Its how to get to that stage. What software do I need? Do I need to convert anything?

Regards

-Groovy

See the FAQ

The editor will get you going on the traffic lights.

Skins - Photoshop, Gimp, paint.net, MS paint, basicly anything that can edit photos. !!!: Layers are an important thing for better mapping, photoshop or paint.net is recommended!

Models - Zanoza Modeler (ZModeler), 3DS Max, Cinema 4D, basicly anything that can be used in 3D arts.

Scripts - Wordpad, Notepad, mostly anything that can edit texts. !!!: C++ Knowledge are required!

Mostly anything else can be done in the editor. Just a matter of playing around with it.

May be a dumb question, but Where can I find this editor?

For any graphics ill use photoshop. Paint.net sucks. Paint.net renders as you do it, so you can only undo your last edit. Besides I have adobe master collection anyway :P

Can anyone reccommend where I go to start learning this stuff? C++, 3D Models, Maps ect?

What software do I use to edit the maps? - Once I can actually convert/open the map or whatever I need to do, I can play around and probably learn from that. Infact I don't think its probable, I know it. If I can learn how to create flash, html, php, javascript and other programming languages for websites on my own, then I can most likely learn this on my own. ;P - Where is the "editor?"

The editor will get you going on the traffic lights.

One of these, depends on your computer and game version;

C:\Program Files\Wizard Works\911:FirstResponders (i think it is)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wizard Works\911:FirstResponders (Not sure, like as above. something similar to this)

C:\Program Files (x86)\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency4 (This is how mine looks)

C:\Program Files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency4 (Same as above, just another program files folder)

Found it. I edited the shortcut and put "-editor" on the end. It worked. Its loaded, but I have no idea how to load a map into it.

At the map section press "Load map" and then browse where the map is; in the maps folder in the menu that appears.

Textures is by importing floors in the "Terrain" part inside the "Edit" section.

Hmm, Found a guide to editing unit.xml. It is a tutorial, thus inactive as it does not show latest replies like forums. If someone could please check it out, my comment is at the bottom.

Also, When playing in the editor with "Prototypes" window, I found the vehicles (With LA Mod Loaded) that are in the base game, which are the below. How can I activate/use these? How may I disable LA Mod vehicles too? I also saw a military jet. How can I enable this?

Thanks in advance,

-Groovy

9zx7xnjw1hv2or768du_thumb.png

iocszeinq6bpg3e33fj_thumb.png

7bd0vwtskaeyannmwf9_thumb.png

igktc4ikryrbdw8wm8va_thumb.png

8z2yzovmc1ruvkh1o3zv_thumb.png