Texas_DPS

LA Mod 2.0.2 OMO (Oringinal Map Overhaul) Submod

You do realize that both station 60 and 89 have a lot more units than what you have listed there. 60's has a task force, ALS RA, BLS RA, foam tender, and battalion 14. 89's has a task force, ALS RA, and a USAR.

What if you did the Hollywood/W. Hollywood area with LAFD stations 27, 41, county 7's and county 8's. 7's would work since MCERT said he has a LACoFD battalion model. 27's has a task force, USAR, ALS RA, BLS RA and battalion. 41's has a engine and an ALS RA. 7's has an assessment engine, squad, and battalion, and 8's has a light force, engine, and squad.

Do you guys really think that's possible? I wouldn't think so or at least someone would make a attempt at it wouldn't they?

I don't know about driving off one map and onto another, but making a larger map than the normal freeplay map is possible. I believe FFW Tut and the rest of the team figured it out because that was there plan before they switched over to the idea of the maps changing while your playing. I'm not sure how far they got with it before they switched ideas, but they're modding geniuses, so I would guess they got pretty far.

you can ask, but you might not get. you can not ask for release time/date.

right now its going a little slow because the stations I wanted to use dont really fit the map so im reworking them. when I get some screens I will post them up.

Heres a list of the stations if ya want them:

fsdirectory.pdf

This is out of date by now but it is the most up to date one available online. If you have Microsoft Office, I can send you an excel spread sheet I amde up with a bunch of information on stuff like which stations have a BC in a new suburban, which stations have the ALF Tillers, and soem other things like that. If not I have a text list to, just PM me if your interested.

Nope, not at all. I would rather have a small station in each area of the map then one huge and one small.... 3 - 4 bay fire stations in each quadrant of the map and it would be just perfect imo.

I think it would be nice to have the hospital and police station more central on the map if possible.

That would be over kill. If you do small stations, 3 maybe 4 stations with only 2 bays would be best imo, and locating the hospital in a central location...well that takes part of the challenge out of the game imo. Adds more realism to imo.

What would be neat is when you drive off the map to another map. And a different map @ each side of the map. It probably can be done. Than you can have more stations and more equipment.

Ok, look at GTA4, about 4 islands right? Why not on this game. Each GTA4 map is at least double the size of 911FR maps.

Because GTA4 is a highly advanced game period, much less in comparison to EM4. EM4 was a low, maybe moderate budget game made by a company with limited resources. Rockstar, who developed GTA4 is a massive company with development facilities all around the world. They have massive funds considering the success of the previous GTA games. Midnight Club series, Max Payne, State of Emergency, Manhunt series,Red Dead series, and other less popular games that they still made money off of. GTAIV was released in 2008, 4 years or so after EM4, and technology changes majorly in a span of 4 years in todays world. I am not sure it could be done via scripting unless Sixteen Tons releases a new patch, which will not happen as they refused to make one for Wurpal(or something like that) Mod, even though Sixteen Tons did not have to write the code them selves, simply allow for the developers to utilize some of there resources I believe. 16T flew the devs of the mod out for a meeting in Germany where 16T is located. 16T nixed the idea.

Thanks Xplorer for the info.

Right now the map itself along with the stations is on hold until i can get my zmod all figured out. I have seem to lost all the info for registration and all that so i am hunting and looking everywhere. Thats what I get for getting a new computer. I am still working on other things in the mod so its not in a complete standstill.

As always I will keep you guys in the loop as much as possible.

Hey Texas, I was thinking about doing an LA County Mod, but if you want, I could help you with this one, I have a couple LACoFD KME engine models I've made along with a Ford F350 Paramedic squad based off of Nicco's, I'll post pics if you're interested, float me a PM.

That would be over kill. If you do small stations, 3 maybe 4 stations with only 2 bays would be best imo, and locating the hospital in a central location...well that takes part of the challenge out of the game imo. Adds more realism to imo.

The fire stations as you said it would work just fine with me, I'm just throwing something out there that I wouldn't mind having... on the hospital part, I guess from how my town is set up, that is what I would do just because all emergency services are kinda central and makes things easier. It would just help make the game go a little smoother I guess.

If you want any help modeling I can offer my services. I have a working version of zmod and 3dsmax that I use. I do pretty detailed models, or at least I think so. You would have to ask anyone else on their opinion of my models. I also UV Map my own models as well. Takes a little more time but I get it done.

It would be great if you could release this. I am happy to test for you, also. :police:

you shouldn't ask for some to go out of there way just to upload a mod so you could test it when there could still be Many bugs and errors or is still in the pre-alpha testing stage or is still only half way completed. so next time, think before you post.

you shouldn't ask for some to go out of there way just to upload a mod so you could test it when there could still be Many bugs and errors or is still in the pre-alpha testing stage or is still only half way completed. so next time, think before you post.

i agree with this guy think before you do and i know texas_DPS is busy like all the rest of us so take a chill pill and back to topic

anyway quick question this is the original em4 map but with a few edits right?

yes its the original LA Mod map. i dont know about a few edits but there is a lot going on in the first release as well as subsequent releases. right now i am running into issues with the map itself but as soon as i have that all set up and running smooth there will be a v1 release.

a police substation??? all that would be there would be parking. i dont plan on adding a lot but that could be a possability. still ironing out the map floor and the buildings and stuff...seemed like a quick thing that is time consuming. its comming but its slow now that i am adding and taking things away. you will like the end result, trust me.

the stations are the original stations from the LA Mod. They will be reskinned to look as i want them too. i would not have dreamed that the map floor would take this long, but i should have guessed since the only places that i am keeping the same are the main firestation and the police station. right now i am putting the final touches on the hospital. i am using the big hospital from the newest version of the map. then it is onto the actual objects and such on the map. when i get into the editor i will be sure to post pictures up so you all can see what is going on.

the stations are the original stations from the LA Mod. They will be reskinned to look as i want them too. i would not have dreamed that the map floor would take this long, but i should have guessed since the only places that i am keeping the same are the main firestation and the police station. right now i am putting the final touches on the hospital. i am using the big hospital from the newest version of the map. then it is onto the actual objects and such on the map. when i get into the editor i will be sure to post pictures up so you all can see what is going on.

sounds awesome,so this map will no longer resemble LA or the old map?more of a generic any city USA or perhaps Canada...keep up the good work Jon

i have accepted (for now) the look of the floor and have it inserted into the editor. the map is the old freeplay map with the new firestation added and moved along with the old second firestation moved. there is a lot to move around and adjust in the editor. i plan on reworking all the wrecks to scale them down (except a few) and make it a fun map. it will resemble the old map mostly but as i work on placement and additions it will slowly evolve into something else.

sleep now and as i work on stuff i will post up some pics. please be patient and be ready to enjoy.

there are a lot of plans for this submod and i plan on doing a lot of them. i dont know about a sheriff station but a substation might be a good idea. when i get finished setting the map pieces out i will release this map as just a map preview so you can see the map in action. it should be compatable with LA Mod 2.0 and 2.1 but i do not guarante anything. i will test it one of these days on 2.1, but for now its for 2.0.