goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

:WTF:My guess is he must be colour blind......these lights are based off actual units so if you don't like them call 9-1-1 and complain to the RCMP too change them!!!

If you have issues with anything in this sub-mod please elaborate on them(if we know what's wrong or what you don't like maybe we can fix it),if your just all about dropping negative bombs then, move on, your comments are not welcome here...and if you think you can do a better job then do it!!!! and post it!!!!!!let us be the judge....

Yikes it's called an opinion, no need to get all butt hurt about it. MY opinion is not that the lights are terrible or even inaccurate, just spotted some things that look like flaws or could be done better in MY opinion. Side window lights on the vics have larger radiation zone for red than the blue. Not a big deal just something I noticed and did not like because in my eyes it makes the car look un-even. Some of your strobes don't look like they have any polys, even if you're trying to put the light on the actual bulb the housing will still illuminate and not just be a circle (the bulb) flashing. The lights on the rear of the charger in the brakelight housing looked too big to me, again not a big deal just seemed too large for the space you were trying to light. All the amber decks are not even, looks like a wave when you pay attention because some lights are higher or lower than others. At 1:50 ish in the last video when looking at the back of the vic, the left tail light is low and more to the right in the housing while the right side is basically centered, yet they're supposed to be symmetrical.

As I said the cars look great, I just pay attention to detail and noticed things about the lights. Never said they were bad, never said CFD doesn't do good work. The lights on these particular units just look like they have places that need tweaked. Sorry for not jumping on the "omg awesome" band wagon like everyone else. As for doing better lighting myself...why should I have to post my work in order to have a difference of opinion? you want your sub-mod to be nice quality work right, if I were in your position I would be listening to the people who actually critisize your work constructivly and point out areas you could do better instead of the people that are just sucking up to you.

Sorry if my reply seems alittle blunt, I don't appreciate you getting all offensive towards me when I compliment your units, simply because I actually watched your video with my eyes open and looked at the vehicles rather just who was making them.

Hey bud,sounds like your all butt hurt about it,your first response didn't say much other than you didn't like the lights!!!!!!!!!You offered no opinion,instead you whine about it after the fact.

I don't care about your feelings or what you have to say about it now as you didn't even have the balls to back up your original statement.Your comment is SPAM and I don't want anymore of your SPAM in my posts.

POST one more thing in here and you'll be reported....

Like I said before if the job we are doing is not up too your standards"Do It Yourself"

“Some people are like Slinkies - not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.”

First off I'm not your bud. Second, you started off by insulting me by saying I'm color blind and then calling me out to post my own work as if I have no right to comment unless I do my own lights (which I do). All you had to do was be mature like CFD and simply ask why I disliked the lights. I can understand my post being pretty vague but to insult me rather just ask is just childish on your part. Sorry if you took it wrong, I mean I did compliment your work. The units are very nice as I've said a few times now, you're acting like I came in here bashing all your work. For me though just enough little things with the lights added up and made me dislike them. And I mean absolutely no offence by this, but I've seen both good and bad (below is capabilities) work by CFD recently and I read this thread and everyone is just sucking up rather helping to spot things that could use some tweaking to enhance to overall quality of your mod. I have re-done all of my units with different textures and lights as well so I know the work that goes into this, looking forward to seeing the progress of this submod it's always nice to see people create new things on here. Enjoy.

Alright, let's all act and be civilized now. It's St. Patrick's Day and needless to say, I've skipped school today ( don't do this, young pupils.) Let's all have green beers and green cigarettes, ( again, don't do this, young bloods.)

FoeHammer,

Thank you for being candid and pointing out the errors. I was gratified that someone has decided to come out of the barn and point them out for me. You're not the bad guy here, nor is Goog1967. It's not wrong to be right and point out the faults. Granted, they are not genuine, nor am i.

I see my role as being a catalyst for transformation in this sub mod, and it's my responsibility to meet the objectives that Goog1976 is trying to portray. Considerable ingenuity must be employed through my work with his work. The errors are not germane to Google1967's theme.

Now, to be succinct to your response,

When using a recording program in-game, the major con of FRAPS is that it eats valuable FPS like pac-man. When the FRAPS is not being used, My illumination presentation looks exemplary, however, needless to say, when FRAPS is activated, my work can go from " Wow" to " Wtf" in 1 second ( Pretty amazing eh? It can sometime look like a project that was done by a team of newborn babies, during their "breast"fest break.)

Corner strobes is a great example in this case, my corner strobes looks fine and accurate, but if i was to record, half of the strobes will lag and it gives off a false illumination. So i do know what you mean, but it's not the showcase that you will see when they are released.

Now, the urgency of my task has heighten and galvanized me into action. They will be operational in the final version.

Thank you for being Observant and have a nice day.

I'm no expert here but coming from an 'average' player the lights look fine to me. Heck, maybe foehammer has a point but i probably wouldn't notice if they were changed. To be honest lights are not very important to me and they all look pretty similar. I may be wrong but I think a lot of people feel this way as well. And as for sucking up, i dont know what you are talking about. We are entitled to opinions, as are you foehammer. I think everything looks great so far, especially for a beginning skinner. Keep up the good work guys a lot of people are looking forward to playing this submod!

happy st pattys!drink.gif

PROJECT UPDATE LOG:

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS

- All Primary Corner Strobes and Rear Corner Strobes are now improved with "HD" Quality, by combining Poly and Flash together, bringing better visualization.

- All textures are improved.

- EIGHT brand new 2010 CVPI Unmarked Traffic and General Duty Patrol Units.

--- MORE TO FOLLOW ----

BE ADVISED THE FOLLOWING FOOTAGE WAS RECORDED DURING A LAG FEST. THE LIGHTS POTRAYED IN THIS FOOTAGE ARE NOT ACTUAL SPEED. QUALITY IS X4 BETTER WITHOUT FRAPS ACTIVATED.

C.F.D's friend modeled a new lightbar for the general duty's based on the actual Legend bar,I must say I am very impressed and happy with it and it makes the units look so much better as opposed to the previous version which was too small for the car.

pics 2+3 show the old bar (red and blue) and new comparison,4+5 are just plain awesomeness!!!!

also we plan too duplicate the actual siren for the RCMP units..also I am thinking of stopping posting so I can stay at present # (joking)

I also included 2 updated pics of most of the actual police units in game...

Thanks RiotGear,the unit you love so much is almost done(somebody stole her cherry)the red light is missing and I got to slap it back on so C.F.D can finish it.Look back through the pages guys if your new,you don't know what your missing!!!!See there's fire and ambulance units too....

Hey Goog, make sure for the bigger BCAS that it's a LED lightbar. BCAS Don't use VICTOR LightBars. It's nothing too big, but it'd be nice if you had a LED lightbar there :)

thanks,Lacofd_FF51

Steve,

at the time we didn't have our new led lightbar so that was just a temporary thing ,it's now got the same led lightbar as the police(not the correct one but not too many choices out there unless you model your own)

Keep in mind the f350 ambulance and the cv supervisor are fictional,I just put them in too give a better variety and too not leave an la mod vehicle if I can help it.

thanks,Lacofd_FF51

Steve,

at the time we didn't have our new led lightbar so that was just a temporary thing ,it's now got the same led lightbar as the police(not the correct one but not too many choices out there unless you model your own)

Keep in mind the f350 ambulance and the cv supervisor are fictional,I just put them in too give a better variety and too not leave an la mod vehicle if I can help it.

Hey your close on the ambulances... they are actually E350s... what the E and the F stand for I have nooooo idea thats fords doing. but they are very close... the new box style ambulances are Chevs if I remember correctly.