goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Hello all,

During the past few months, progress has been slow within the team, and updates have been limited, which has been leading to many questions being presented by the community following our mod in progress. This is to answer a lot of them, dispel some myths and most importantly, let you know where our intentions lie, and what we plan on doing to get a version released publicly in the near future. The major question we've been hearing a lot of lately is, is there going to be a version for Emergency 4 at all? The answer is absolutely yes. There was a lot of talk about this mod being made as an Emergency 5 exclusive, but with no real information on this game released yet, it's unrealistic to consider this option until the actual game has been released and we can see exactly how it operates.

We are comfortably at a point now where unit wise, we have the models needed to make a comfortable release, but as everyone knows, units don't make a mod. One of the major holdups we were facing was trying to meet unrealistic coding goals for the team we had, and the skills available. This resulted in stalled progress, and quite frankly, disappointment all around. We've since decided that instead of focusing on additional commands, mission scripts, and other things that will lengthen a release date, and create more problems than it will solve, we'll be focusing our efforts elsewhere. As many have seen, we have had plans to do a new map for the game, and at this time, we are going to be working on one that will be included in the initial release. The map remains as our largest and final objective holding us back, so all our efforts will be focused in that direction to move the team forward towards a release date.

We hope that with our transparency, and with your patience, we will be able to make this mod what we have meant it to be from day 1.

Thank you

I think anyone would be just happy to have different units to play with, and some new calls to be honest.. all the talk about fancy scripts and stuff is a ton more room for error.. IE, if it works, I bet everyone would be happy, even without fancy things..

Thank you for explaining the situation to us but quite frankly i could care less about new scripts,missions, or new game features. I would be happy with all new units and a new map. The biggest part of a mod to me is the map i dont play the missions because ive played them way too much. Thus i spend the majority of my time in free play and the map immerses the player into whatever city or region the mod is based on. I think thats the problem with most mods is they are too ambitious this game is getting old and was never intended  to be so complex.That being said the community has made alot of progress and virtually made a whole new  game that is much better than the original game but you have to know your limits. I wish you guys the best of luck and look forward to playing the mod when it is released.

Thank you. 

Thank you for explaining the situation to us but quite frankly i could care less about new scripts,missions, or new game features. I would be happy with all new units and a new map. The biggest part of a mod to me is the map i dont play the missions because ive played them way too much. Thus i spend the majority of my time in free play and the map immerses the player into whatever city or region the mod is based on. I think thats the problem with most mods is they are too ambitious this game is getting old and was never intended  to be so complex.That being said the community has made alot of progress and virtually made a whole new  game that is much better than the original game but you have to know your limits. I wish you guys the best of luck and look forward to playing the mod when it is released.

Thank you. 

Totally agree!  

Hey guys CFD mentioned to me that it might be a good idea to change the battalion chief unit.We currently have a fictional Tahoe version.Surrey Fire uses a older Suburban like in the LAmod but we want a more current model.

unofficial poll above^^...most popular wins

1.Tahoe

Nb8XPxr.jpg

2.Silverado

T2nCNWR.jpg

3.Explorer

UbATnIW.jpg

4.Caprice

g2pRdnj.jpg