goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

While that is true, don't forget that GTA V had paid content developers, who could work all the time at it, and of course they had significantly more people. Rockstar stated much more than 1000 people worked on this game. Let's say it was 1500 people for easy math. 

If each of these 1500 people only put in one full work week on it, meaning it was 60,000 hours put into it. I think in total, there's four people contributing to this mod. Let's say that on average each member is able to contribute five hours a week. That's to accomodate for real lives, as well as waiting for their skills to be needed again. It's been 1277 days since this topic opened, which means that about 912 hours were placed into it. Even if each member on the team contributed 40 hours a week, that's still only 7297 and change. 

It's not really fair to compare GTA V, a game made by a humungous staff (more than the total membership of this site) of professional developers working full time to complete it, to a mod made by roughly four people, working in their free time when they feel like it, who probably don't even have the skills to join up to the GTA V team. (No offense to them)

While that is true, don't forget that GTA V had paid content developers, who could work all the time at it, and of course they had significantly more people. Rockstar stated much more than 1000 people worked on this game. Let's say it was 1500 people for easy math. 

If each of these 1500 people only put in one full work week on it, meaning it was 60,000 hours put into it. I think in total, there's four people contributing to this mod. Let's say that on average each member is able to contribute five hours a week. That's to accomodate for real lives, as well as waiting for their skills to be needed again. It's been 1277 days since this topic opened, which means that about 912 hours were placed into it. Even if each member on the team contributed 40 hours a week, that's still only 7297 and change. 

It's not really fair to compare GTA V, a game made by a humungous staff (more than the total membership of this site) of professional developers working full time to complete it, to a mod made by roughly four people, working in their free time when they feel like it, who probably don't even have the skills to join up to the GTA V team. (No offense to them)

No judgment from me, I've made my own mods for this game too, I know of the time it takes to create things here. I was just stating a fact. :P

We are still on waters, but due to recent embroilment in the community, we are currently evaluating the integrity of the RCMP modification and see if we can continue with it. The foundation of the community at this point is currently going through a bit of a shake and i want to ensure that this modification will survive. We do not have anything to share with you at this time, but the team will provide updates in the upcoming weeks in regards to our progress. 

I can only speak for myself, but Im sure a lot of people in the community feel the same way as I do. Ive been reading this thread ever since it had like what, 80 pages ? Everyday when I boot up my PC I click the bookmark of this site, and check if there is a new post, or some sweet new pics, anything. I never asked how long it would take for the mod to come out, and I will never do so in the future. Why ? Cause I respect you guys for all the hard work you have put into this. And still do to this day as I am sure. You said that you werent sure about the support of the community as this point of the development process. Neither am I. People are not patient. And people on the internet even less so.

But I can assure you, yes I can really promise you, that the people who were with this mod from the beginning, who have witnessed this develop and grow, mature and become more complex, will wait for this mod however long it will take, and they will be endlessy grateful. Just as I am. I cant make you work on it, and it is only your decision what you will do with this. Will it live ? Die ? Who knows other than you guys. Only know that youre not alone, and that not everybody is an asshole and being frustrated. Not frustration is what I feel but excitement. Pure joy from reading in this thread and looking at the screenshots. 

I hope youll make decision that youre comfortable with. Doesnt matter which way youll go with this. In the end the real life always counts more. 

All I know is that I will forever be grateful, and will always have deep and honest respect for your guyses journey.

Thank you, 

Finn from Germany 

I can only speak for myself, but Im sure a lot of people in the community feel the same way as I do. Ive been reading this thread ever since it had like what, 80 pages ? Everyday when I boot up my PC I click the bookmark of this site, and check if there is a new post, or some sweet new pics, anything. I never asked how long it would take for the mod to come out, and I will never do so in the future. Why ? Cause I respect you guys for all the hard work you have put into this. And still do to this day as I am sure. You said that you werent sure about the support of the community as this point of the development process. Neither am I. People are not patient. And people on the internet even less so.

But I can assure you, yes I can really promise you, that the people who were with this mod from the beginning, who have witnessed this develop and grow, mature and become more complex, will wait for this mod however long it will take, and they will be endlessy grateful. Just as I am. I cant make you work on it, and it is only your decision what you will do with this. Will it live ? Die ? Who knows other than you guys. Only know that youre not alone, and that not everybody is an asshole and being frustrated. Not frustration is what I feel but excitement. Pure joy from reading in this thread and looking at the screenshots.

I hope youll make decision that youre comfortable with. Doesnt matter which way youll go with this. In the end the real life always counts more.

All I know is that I will forever be grateful, and will always have deep and honest respect for your guyses journey.

Thank you,

Finn from Germany

Great speech!!! If everyone in this forum can be as respectful to people as you do, the situation here would never happen

Thank you,

Finn from Germany

I couldn't have said it better myself! Awesome post and I am right there with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you,

Finn from Germany

So right! Couldn't say it any better!

Thank you, 

Finn from Germany 

I am right beside you on that

Thank you guys  :rolleyes:  for your support,it makes dealing with the a-holes and the me me me OMG where's my toy?I'm gonna hold my breath individuals much less painful knowing that our work will reach some in the community that will enjoy and appreciate the effort and time it took.

Thank you guys  :rolleyes:  for your support,it makes dealing with the a-holes and the me me me OMG where's my toy?I'm gonna hold my breath individuals much less painful knowing that our work will reach some in the community that will enjoy and appreciate the effort and time it took.

your welcome goog

Great speech!!! If everyone in this forum can be as respectful to people as you do, the situation here would never happen

I couldn't have said it better myself! Awesome post and I am right there with you.

So right! Couldn't say it any better!

I am right beside you on that

Thank you guys ! Im glad there are people on here that feel the same way I do ! I just felt like I needed to say my mind out loud, after what has been happening here. 

Goog ! Im glad my post reached you, and made brigthened your day a little. I hope so atleast. Take care, and have a good time, whatever youre up to ! 

Finn

Thank you,

Finn from Germany

Couldn't agree more. Thank you for all of your hard work RCMP Mod Team!

Thank you, 

Finn from Germany 

This is extremely nice of you to say, it's very encouraging to hear this. Unfortunately we have a lot of members on this forum that has been verbally upset with us because of how long it has taken. For example, one member that goes by "Scott Madill" on Facebook has been harassing us on our Facebook group page for months. If you look at his comments he has made, it's people like him that delays us from releasing the mod. Why should people like him have our mod ? It's hard to make a decision like that. 

But we both want to let you guys know that we will never stop making this mod, until we necessarily have to. Thank you for those who stayed with us all these years, you are the reason why we sign back on this forum and keep working on the mod. 

This is probably a dumb question. But, Cant you guys just block that Scott guy?? I suppose he will just keep coming back under lots of different names. Im sure It would be extra work for you to keep blocking him. It's so unfortunate you guys have to deal with people like him. It is completely uncalled for.

This is probably a dumb question. But, Cant you guys just block that Scott guy?? I suppose he will just keep coming back under lots of different names. Im sure It would be extra work for you to keep blocking him. It's so unfortunate you guys have to deal with people like him. It is completely uncalled for.

No. I use guys like him as a footstool for this mod.  :happy:

This is extremely nice of you to say, it's very encouraging to hear this. Unfortunately we have a lot of members on this forum that has been verbally upset with us because of how long it has taken. For example, one member that goes by "Scott Madill" on Facebook has been harassing us on our Facebook group page for months. If you look at his comments he has made, it's people like him that delays us from releasing the mod. Why should people like him have our mod ? It's hard to make a decision like that.

But we both want to let you guys know that we will never stop making this mod, until we necessarily have to. Thank you for those who stayed with us all these years, you are the reason why we sign back on this forum and keep working on the mod.

Really is sad there are people out there that want something so bad that they get it into thier head that annoying/harassing you will actually get you guys to make it/release it faster.

Hah Im with you on this one ! But unfortunatly, I cant afford the flight across the pond atm, haha. 

@CFD, Im glad you read my post and that it hopefully brightened your day. And just as the guys above,

I cant really understand why people on the internet get so caught up in their hating on others and their hard work.

Why does everybody have to be so rude ? I guess we´ll never really know.

Being anonymus on the internet, atleast more than in real life, is powerful.

And as all of you know, with great power comes great responsibility. Or something like that haha.

Anyways, dont listen to those people. Their hate will never overcome our love for your work ! 

Cheers, 

Finn

I am a proud disabled firefighter seriously injured while on duty fighting a garage fire when 4 tanks used for welding exploded knocking me off my feet landing on my airpack causing me severe spinal injuries. So if you guys want to pay me a visit, go ahead come on over. Hitting a person who is disabled can get you 5 or more years in prison. You would become a resident of the NY State prison system!

• Downvote 1