goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Something seemingly misunderstood as a whole here is that while missionscripts let you do certain things, you cannot do everything with them, and not every mission script is the same. While yes, you can make a quint using ERS Berlin's script, using a different one would mean having to code in that part too. Just because a mission script is in place does not mean that the resulting game will be identical to every other mission script in features available. 

Something seemingly misunderstood as a whole here is that while missionscripts let you do certain things, you cannot do everything with them, and not every mission script is the same. While yes, you can make a quint using ERS Berlin's script, using a different one would mean having to code in that part too. Just because a mission script is in place does not mean that the resulting game will be identical to every other mission script in features available.

Okay, will we have a time limit to complete a event like in the US Army mod?

This guy gets it. We're not making ERS Surrey mod. Not even a bit. The mission script is mine (and bma's) creation and it is what we want it to be with a little input from you guys. All these suggestions coming up sound as if they'll actually make it into the mod, when quite a few have already been deemed impossible to do in EM4 as explained by MikeyPI back in 2008.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/3436-modding-concepts/

Just let us (programmers + scripters of RCMP) do the callouts first. We'll worry about vehicles and other gameplay bits later.

I know a quint is not in this mod but could you not make it a ladder and just add equipment to it so it looks like a combo but in reality it's just a ladder with extra equipment?

Also this mod is looking great especially the fire units they look amazing and I'm pretty sure this will be one of the best North amer mods along with Montana mod 2.0

I think the Quint disscusion is over. C.F.D explained very good why a quint is redundat at this point of developement. And pointed out that there are allready enough vehicles with water cannons.

Also I'm with Itchboy that first you need a base structure and from there you will see what is possible.

It's like the skeleton of the human body.

Remember too, each thing people ask for takes time. The more complex, the more time it takes. When you ask for something, if it'll be entered in, it'll take longer to see a release. I'm sure there could be a quint, but that would delay any future releases for quite some time. Is that tradeoff really worth it? 

Hint, no, no it's not. 

This guy gets it. We're not making ERS Surrey mod. Not even a bit. The mission script is mine (and bma's) creation and it is what we want it to be with a little input from you guys. All these suggestions coming up sound as if they'll actually make it into the mod, when quite a few have already been deemed impossible to do in EM4 as explained by MikeyPI back in 2008.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/topic/3436-modding-concepts/

Just let us (programmers + scripters of RCMP) do the callouts first. We'll worry about vehicles and other gameplay bits later.

Some of those items listed back in 2008 can now be worked around to be made to work, but only under specific conditions and with a great deal of time invested.  A quint from my understanding is in essence a fire engine+water cannon+ladder thing combined all-in one, in short absolutely one can be made to exist, but it would require a good bit of work and would not work flawlessly... Ultimately it comes down to time invested vs. return, in this game how often are you really needing something like a quint's purpose?  Truth is in the game you can send multiple units pretty fast/easy to the scene, where in reality the truck serves an integral purpose here in this game it really isnt required considering all the effort you'd put into making it happen.

Itchie has to build everything from the ground up for the experience they want to project, that alone is an insane bit of work, the more added into the equation the longer it takes and the more issues that will follow.  Think of scripting these things as layering a cake, there are only so many layers before the thing becomes cumbersome and unstable, inevitably collapsing under it's own weight.  You don't want that happening when it comes to such a critical script, if the mission script fails then the whole thing will fail.  Bear that in mind when you suggest items to them.

Due to the recent embroilment in this community in regards to plagiarism, It is our responsibility to ensure you that we do not host stolen content in the "Red Watch Modification," and all credit rights are due to it's respective contributing authors involved to protect this community from litigation. If you see your content in our modification, we request that you advise us immediately so we can correct it accordingly. 

And yes, we are still active. If this mod was dead, the thread would have been locked in the first place. Life is keeping the modding team busy, and I'm not going to force them to work on it. I ask the community to respect this and stop harassing us on the Facebook group page about how long we've taken. We are NOT on your payroll. Don't act entitled. If this childish antics continues on, it will create nothing but turbulence in our progress, and it might have the capacity to effectively never release this modification to the public. The ice is thinning -- you don't want to be that guy who warmed up the surface. It comes with collateral damage. 

Great to here your RCMP team is back on track.  Will there be an update on the map soon when you guys have time? I under stand this could take some time due to Work and Family and Summer time. Just imagine if some Billionaire how like Em4 paid us for work to be done here man what job that would be lol!  later good luck. 

This is a short preview to show the current light status on both ambulances, the Advance Life Support and brand new fictional transport ambulance concept. The back of the ambulance is still under work, but as you can see in the video it has the brand new rota-beam modules. It also shows our custom whelen corrected color coronas/flares that will be part of the mod ! 

Thanks to Itchboy for his fantastic Whelen IONs and Pioneer models. 

5HPKzqA.jpg

t1doEo0.jpg

ZmpCKoU.jpg

I can't believe how awesome those look. Keep doing what you guys are doing. Ill be here patiently waiting for it. I only hope my graphics card wont burst into flames when i try and run it for the first time [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeap. I really love the lighting. When ever I try lighting i just do it with the light not the polygons or polymers ( What ever its called that gives the shape of the light). Reason why is because I dont know how to get the green squares. All I get is one green square with a 0 next to it. Does anyone know how to add more squares with different numbers next to them?

Nice job on everything. Keep up the good work

Yeap. I really love the lighting. When ever I try lighting i just do it with the light not the polygons or polymers ( What ever its called that gives the shape of the light). Reason why is because I dont know how to get the green squares. All I get is one green square with a 0 next to it. Does anyone know how to add more squares with different numbers next to them?

Nice job on everything. Keep up the good work

Once you have the green zero square click somewhere else on the picture of the model to get more green boxes