goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Im an eight year experienced fire/ems dispatcher in my hometown. Its not Canada, but would be happy to help out the mod team in anyway that I can if you are looking for that type of assistance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feel free to suggest something :)

How do you guys want to structure the ems calls?. Are there going to be BLS and ALS ambulances on the map or does Canada use an all ALS system.

Here is a link to my counties ems protocols.

http://county.milwaukee.gov/ImageLibrary/User/jspitzer/2Tiered_Dispatch_with_Prearrival_33105.pdf

Pretty much every basic complaint is in there, and this could be tweaked for calls/responses as you guys see fit and of course as much as the game allows

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hello! I'm trying to write what I think can be useful, let me know if it's ok the way I'm doing this.

I have few scenarios, the same scenarios can have different levels of complexity. (I used "minor", "moderate" and "severe" referring to the scene, not only to the patient's situation)

I'm not considering car accidents.

Suggestion/question: to improve realism, try to get the "CPR time" (the orange bar) longer (in order to get an ALS unit to the scene) but also longer to fill...is that possible? 

1 - Elder needs assistance: Minor - Pt. found seated in the living room, feels sick and needs to get to the hospital

Moderate - Pt. fell in his house (add trauma equipment)

Moderate 2 - Pt fell in his house (add trauma equipment and require ALS assistance)

SEVERE - Pt requires immediate medical assistance, can't open the door, a dog inside the house will attack paramedics (requires ALS unit, Police, Fire Department and ladder if not accessible otherwise)

2 - Young man attempts suicide: Minor - Pt. had NON lethal drugs. Get him to the hospital. (needs bystander to be questioned)

Moderate - Pt locked the door (requires FD)

Moderate 2 - Pt. Found unconscious, requiring ALS unit. (for proper medical treatment on scene, you need to find the empty blister or question bystanders)

SEVERE - Pt. unconscious, not breathing. requiring ALS unit. Efforts on CPR are non effective, the patient is declared dead. Investigate on his death, finding drugs and, eventually, a suicide note (requires                                                         ALS unit, PD, CSI)

...Thinking more if these are ok :P 

I think it would lend fantastic credit to your mod if you incorporate realistic features in medical callouts never seen before. For example, false callers (who you have no idea are lying until you actually roll up and treat them, then you could hand them over to the cops if you wanted) and walking wounded/treatable on scene. As with the difficulty of information in real life, you could also have an event turn out completely different from what initially comes in.

I think it would lend fantastic credit to your mod if you incorporate realistic features in medical callouts never seen before. For example, false callers (who you have no idea are lying until you actually roll up and treat them, then you could hand them over to the cops if you wanted) and walking wounded/treatable on scene. As with the difficulty of information in real life, you could also have an event turn out completely different from what initially comes in.

False callers happens occasionally, usually there's just no sign of them when we get there... I like the idea of treating/discharging on scene, some things are simple enough to sort out so there's no need to convey. For example, elderly fall with no injuries, help them up off the fall, do some checks and leave them at home.

Calls not being what was given to us does happen regularly, for various reasons really. Bystander phoning Ambulance not knowing whole story, miscommunication, call taker assuming the worst (In the UK, there's also 111 referring pointless calls back to the 999 service...), etc. The list can go on. There's not really much benefit of this ingame, however scripted, unless there's some new form of treating where different calls require different treatments. As an example, report of cardiac arrest actually being a fall or something completely different would make no difference in game. The only way I can see misinformation happening in game would be probably too extreme to be realistic, eg report of RTC, actually collapsed person.

Looking forward to seeing the new team progress :)

I really like the treat-and-release-patient idea, we do a fair amount of Pt refusals around here, especially with MVAs and falls.

One call we have every now and then is a Well Being Check. PD or Fire will get a call from someone about the fact that the person they are calling about is not answering the door or the phone. I think this would be a good type of call for this game because both PD and Fire/EMS go.

I'm sure this would be very hard to script and I don't know how it could be made for the incident to spawn in a house, but:

Units get on scene:

• House is Locked
  • Person answers door and everyone can go in service

or

• Door must be forced by FD

Once inside the residence (If not a good-intent call):

• Person is there and injured
  • Nobody is home

In regards to treating on scene and not transporting, I am not sure how BCAS operates, but in each instance I have worked with EMS in Alberta, regardless to how small/big the situation is, once EMS is dispatched to a medical emergency they are obligated to transport if thats what the patient desires. If the patient for whatever reason has EMS dispatched and then refuses transport afterwards, then EMS can treat and leave if they deem its not an issue that needs ER attention.

With transporting though, most people tend to believe that calling EMS gets them into the ER faster than just driving themselves in, and so they bite the $800+ Ambulance bill and call with their small issues. However with smaller issues the ER staff can make a patient that comes in with EMS wait in the waiting area, as there still is a "sickest/most injured get seen first". So those that call EMS with their small cough in hopes to get in and out faster get screwed with a $800+ bill and a 1-2 hour wait anyways.

Thats my rant. Like I said basing off what I see with my areas EMS, if the pt is requesting transport, EMS is incapable of refusing transport.

Looking great! I'm in love with the HD effect.

I know I'm a bit late to the party but I saw your post about keep MP or not. If having MP would be ideal with where you are at now. Save what you have at this point in time. By vote members said they weren't worried about MP and wanted more single player options. Just an idea, maybe down the road when everything is set and done. You may find yourself wanting something more. And then, you may wish to add the MP as a separate mod for players who wish to play together. I'm sure you guys have plenty of backups, so why not keep one to the side just in case. Just an idea for thinking down the road.

You guys are doing amazing work!

I know I'm a bit late to the party but I saw your post about keep MP or not. If having MP would be ideal with where you are at now. Save what you have at this point in time. By vote members said they weren't worried about MP and wanted more single player options. Just an idea, maybe down the road when everything is set and done. You may find yourself wanting something more. And then, you may wish to add the MP as a separate mod for players who wish to play together. I'm sure you guys have plenty of backups, so why not keep one to the side just in case. Just an idea for thinking down the road.

Hey Marshall welcome back!

I'd say that's a brilliant idea, good thinking.

^^ We'll be making fan banners today or tomorrow.

Thanks for your suggestion, Marshall, we will add MP later down the journey after the mod is released, if we have the manpower to do so. Right now it's just not on the table .

^^ We'll be making fan banners today or tomorrow.

Thanks for your suggestion, Marshall, we will add MP later down the journey after the mod is released, if we have the manpower to do so. Right now it's just not on the table .

We could release an MP version without the mission script and new callouts. Just imagine base LA mod with RCMP vehicles.

This is a longer demonstration of the difference between halogen wig-wags and the brand new LED lights that fire companies in north america are starting to buy for their newer fleets. Someone requested for a longer video to see the new coronas in action. What do you think ?

Also, here is a real-life example of how the LED headlight looks on a fire truck in case you never seen one before :

Your lights are stunning! But if you are going to release, are you going ot do optimization? 10-14k polygons cars + 200 lights on them, could be hard.

A lot of the models have been toned down to under 5 k poly(without losing quality) and the lights on most units are around 100 with as much as 300 on some fire apparatus.

We'll see when we release it,if there's major problems running it with weaker computers,maybe we could make a version with lights that have little radiation and no poly as an option.

I've had all the units placed in the editor with map and buildings and lights on and I had very little lag on my pc.