goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

This is a important request that i need everyone to respect and hopefully respond to before Monday. Your opinions will forever change the course of the modification.

A.) Have a modification that will offer loads of unique challenging call-outs and scenarios, a bag of cool things, but be limited to 1 callouts at a time and NO multiplayer.

or

B.) Have a modification that will offer challenges but limited scenarios and unlimited call-outs, and a multiplayer.

This is the choice we have to make. Lose MP, gain a whole bag of other cool stuff. Save MP, and we will just be the same as the most available mods except having Canadian units.

I enjoy playing EM4 with people anyways so I vote B. On a side note would it be possible to see the layout of the map if not the streets and station locations?

I'm really interested to see how you guys made the layout of the map after looking at the resent photos. Goood work!

By popular votes based on here and facebook, we will be going with Option A. 

...and now I have so much to script.

To everyone else. Your ideas are helpful. Just try to keep it realistic and not mention something like a zombie outbreak or something. Nothing too large either because spawning too many objects causes the game to crash on weak systems.

Just letting it be known that I'll try my best to keep performance decent on most systems. I myself have a 5 year old PC and know what its like to experience lag.

I would say try to make more car accidents befitting to the area for example: car vs deer, maybe a small airplane crash.

In response to RCMP123'S small plane crash, this is a scenario I had in mind.

A pilot of a snall Cessna airplane loses control of the airplane and crash landed on the street. A total of 5 people are injured and 2 are dead. Within minutes the airplane starts leaking gas and blows up.

In response to RCMP123'S small plane crash, this is a scenario I had in mind.

A pilot of a snall Cessna airplane loses control of the airplane and crash landed on the street. A total of 5 people are injured and 2 are dead. Within minutes the airplane starts leaking gas and blows up.

The crash itself could be possible but the blowing up part, not so.

Here's some proof of concept:

iZung1V.png

Persons can be injured via script.

Could we do something with multiple criminals at once? Like a fight where you have to arrest both the subjects or a 2 or 3 person bank robbery? "Catching them one criminal at a time" may be a cool motto but it seems a little unrealistic after a while.

Could we do something with multiple criminals at once? Like a fight where you have to arrest both the subjects or a 2 or 3 person bank robbery? "Catching them one criminal at a time" may be a cool motto but it seems a little unrealistic after a while.

Multiple suspects is possible, but multiple callouts at once are not.

Bank robbery seems like a good idea. Maybe CFD should compile list of events people want.

Based on real life experience I'd like to offer up some of the most common calls both on the Police and Fire/EMS side of this. 

Boring and redundant as it may be, the reality of many fire department around the country is that a solid 80% of callouts that come through are medically related callouts. Granted, there are many, many variations of medical callouts to be experienced and I think adding some new systems and mechanics around such callouts would be an incredible improvement to this game. For example, on an all too often occasion, people make stupid or unnecessary calls to the emergency services. Things like bee stings (without the allergic reaction), stubbed toes, bloody noses, funny or odd smells, breathing disorders caused by laughter (yes, this has happened) and multitudes of other odd or quirky things. If you can imagine it, it's probably been called into a 911 operator at some point. My point is, not all the calls have to be a treat and transport or a code three response. Treating patients on scene is a fairly common occurrence for minor things and it adds realism to things. 

Some cool calls to add may be:

- Sick patient: Person is sick. EMTs treat the patient on scene and determine if he or she requires transportation. (This could be determined using a random math function and then an if statement based on a variable to determine if random math is greater than 0.90, the patient requires transport so 1/10 patients require transport.) 

- Minor traffic collisions: Basic collisions that require a police report and then they get back on their way.

- Smoke investigations: A box is outlined on the map where a caller reported smoke in the area. Once an apperatus is in the box, smoke will appear from a random object in the area. A fire may or may not start as a result.

- Automatic box alarms (Someone created a mod called BMA for this): Fairly self explanatory... 

- Suspicious individual(s): Question and arrest suspicious suspect in an area based on your judgment and checking of their ID.

- Domestic disputes: Two neighbors or people shouting at each other with possible weapons involved. Maybe after 2:00-3:00 minutes since the call comes in, a physical altercation takes place.

- Murder: Investigate a crime scene for clues leading to a suspect. (No idea how this would be done in code, you'd have to be a true master of the art)

- Suicidal patient: Use a negotiator to talk make a suicidal patient put down their weapon before self inflicting damage with it.

- Drug deal: Self explanatory.