goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Oh, there's snow!! :gut:  The moves that the police officer performes look pretty realistic but do they have defibrillators in the car in reality or is it a feature of the game? Thanks for the footage.

Most RCMP vehicles, especially rural RCMP detachments, do carry AED devices and first aid kits in their patrol vehicles, and all members of the RCMP are certified in CPR + AED. This is primarily because when in rural areas, where it can take up to 7 minutes for a fire department to even LEAVE the fire hall, and in a lot of cases in my area, takes an ambulance 15-20 minutes to arrive, there needs to be some way to reduce the time from the start of the heart stopping, or the initial incident, to the time care is given. Often times the RCMP manage to get to calls in rural areas much quicker than the fire department and EMS, because they have fast vehicles, and less speed restrictions whilst responding hot, whereas us firefighters generally travel with large apparatus such as a fire engine, and are only even allowed to travel 15 kilometers over the speed limit with lights and sirens (dependent on the department, I'm stating from my own department policies).

Nice to hear, I wish more police forces would equip and train their officers in EMS. Imagine if every cop was a EMR or a EMT and equipped accordingly how many lives could be saved, even in the big cities with fast FD/EMS response times.

Nice to hear, I wish more police forces would equip and train their officers in EMS. Imagine if every cop was a EMR or a EMT and equipped accordingly how many lives could be saved, even in the big cities with fast FD/EMS response times.

I particularly feel those who are staffed in/around rural areas should be required to get an EMR/EMT level certification due to the long response time of first responders. There are a few RCMP members I know of who have EMR level certifications, but I've never run into a fully trained EMT for the RCMP. As far as I'm aware it's completely up to the individual to fund and attend the courses for EMR/EMT. I've heard of police officers in bigger cities who have their full paramedic though, but it's rare within a rural detachment.

But, with a fully stocked and maintained first aid kit, AED, and whatever other medical items a member may choose to carry in their duty bag, it is more than enough to cover the gap between the initial incident and the time care is provided.

I particularly feel those who are staffed in/around rural areas should be required to get an EMR/EMT level certification due to the long response time of first responders. There are a few RCMP members I know of who have EMR level certifications, but I've never run into a fully trained EMT for the RCMP. As far as I'm aware it's completely up to the individual to fund and attend the courses for EMR/EMT. I've heard of police officers in bigger cities who have their full paramedic though, but it's rare within a rural detachment.

But, with a fully stocked and maintained first aid kit, AED, and whatever other medical items a member may choose to carry in their duty bag, it is more than enough to cover the gap between the initial incident and the time care is provided.

I couldn't agree more. I honestly couldn't. I'm working as a paramedic. Some will know, when you're a starting paramedic you're pushed out into the rural areas of B.C, not the major cities.

Rural enough to the point where it could take us up to 1 hour to get to a call. Having no care in that time can be fatal. Train RCMP at EMR or OFA 3 levels. They're not hard to courses to take and you can learn a lot from it.

I work as a roads policing officer in scotland and all sergeants are trained in advanced first aid and so are our armed response officers but I believe all officers should be trained in first aid.

i thought you were armed response? But yea even if there not they can still do basic stuff but most cops these days around the world know or are getting taught first aid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i thought you were armed response? But yea even if there not they can still do basic stuff but most cops these days around the world know or are getting taught first aid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

. No I applied for a transfer a few months ago and I was told I would not be able to be a ARO because they have to many so I was offered RPU training.

A new signature for our supporters to use is now here, enjoy guys! 

Untitled-2_zpse4b40df2.jpg

Here is the direct link to imbed as an image in your signature: http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e1/RCMPMitch/Untitled-2_zpse4b40df2.jpg

Remember to click the image button up the top and paste the link in the resulting box to make it appear as an image.