goog

[WIP] THE RED WATCH aka RCMP mod "slow progress for now"

Nice love the new surburban, is it going to replace the excursions?

Yes,the Excursions will no longer be included in the mod and will be replaced by the suburban model as the RCMP does not use them.Same goes for the Surrey Fire Service excursion,it will get a new suburban skin,as BCAS Tahoe will get new tahoe model and skin.

Introducing another new model and new member of the RCMP fleet,the Chevrolet HD 2500 pickup.This unit will be in general duty colours when the final version comes out of the garage.

Em42012-07-0812-27-31-31.jpg

Em42012-07-0812-27-40-48.jpg

Em42012-07-0812-27-45-57.jpg

Here are the new chevy models in a group photo.

Em42012-07-0812-29-51-79.jpg

I hope this works.

Edit: Finally the fan banner shows.

what works???

cops,they're gonna look even sweeter with that new legend lightbar on the roof buddy.

Yes,the Excursions will no longer be included in the mod and will be replaced by the suburban model as the RCMP does not use them.Same goes for the Surrey Fire Service excursion,it will get a new suburban skin,as BCAS Tahoe will get new tahoe model and skin.

Could banner flying supporters still get the vehicles?

I mean... I know the vehicles are obsolete and are taken out of service, but I'd still like to get the chance to play with them when the mod is finally released. You guys put the work into them, So why not let someone still enjoy them? Just my two cents.

Could banner flying supporters still get the vehicles?

I mean... I know the vehicles are obsolete and are taken out of service, but I'd still like to get the chance to play with them when the mod is finally released. You guys put the work into them, So why not let someone still enjoy them? Just my two cents.

I think you guys did some amazing work on the new trucks, but also on the original Ford Excursion models. I agree with Hawksby, I'd still like to play with the ERT Excursions, since you put so much work into it. My opinion, ultimately you guys made the stuff, so your choice whether or not to release stuff to anybody.

Thanks,we always wanted to use Suburbans as it is the real life unit the ERT uses and also because there was no decent newer Suburban model,so we chose to go the Excursion route.

We are trying wherever possible to be as realistic and only use the real world counterparts in the mod,the new Suburbans will have all same toys as the Excursions but will be real world correct also.Same thing goes for the hd 2500 pickup,the RCMP use them extensively.

After release I will package up the other material that didn't make it and it might give you the option to change out units in the future.

Ok Goog, that sounds fair, love the new models. Two questions for you, have you guys noticed the new lights that the RCMP are mounting on the dashboards of their cruisers? It's like the mirror lights, but sitting on the corners of the dash, shining the same as the mirror lights do. And plans for any Ford F series trucks?

The RCMP have so many different types of lighting,I was reading it's up to the detachment as to what they will use.With that said we will be doing the package that is most common on lower mainland detachments,they have small differences between cars so no 2 units will have the same lights and patterns.

There will be 2 umpc style lights and they will be Surrey RCMP and the other will be VPD based.All the units are based on a real life unit and will have it's real world lights and patterns.

We do have a 2011 a F-150post-17160-0-40433900-1341884326_thumb.j,but don't know if we'll use it yet.I did see a few pictures of the corner window lights and they flash red and blue,so it may be an option as it looked coolpost-17160-0-40166300-1341884372_thumb.j.

Our silverado will look similar to this onepost-17160-0-37997900-1341884366_thumb.j and those with dated machines count your blessings that this was not the Squanish RCMP mod,here's their units.post-17160-0-29996400-1341884349_thumb.jpost-17160-0-36521100-1341884351_thumb.j

Fair responses on your part. I don't think my computer would have liked the sqaumish units, they're a bit overdone imho. Which is actually something I've noticed with RCMP units, they tend to be very light heavy. The problem you start to run into, is instead of driving people away, the lights can actually cause people to fixate, and steer into them, causing further traffic accidents/issues.

Most of the marked general duty RCMP here have lightbar,pushbar lights,the back window lights and the corner strobes.Umpc's and slicktops are done to the max but fall short of overkill . They do patrol the mountainous highways of Alberta and British Columbia so unit visibilty is paramount.