swatlord

Freeplay parameters

i think to answer question one, go into Specs/fp_freeplay_endless and change the "<MinDurationBetweenEvents value = "60.0" />" to a high value, to make mine more realistic so i can return everything to HQ without there being another event, i changed mine too "<MinDurationBetweenEvents value = "160.0" />",

as for question 2, go into specs/fp_freeplay_endless once again, and find the following paragraph, which is under the <events> line,

and it should look like this

<!-- JH -->

<EFPEventFlashStrike>

<Enabled value = "1" />

<!-- AverageFrequency: average number of events per 10 minutes (gets multiplied by timezone parameter "flash/frequenceyfactor") -->

<AverageFrequency value = "90.0" />

<!-- DamageRadius: in meter -->

<DamageRadius value = "25.0" />

<Worth value = "10.0" />

<SearchDamageRounds value = "100" />

<SupervisorStart value = "ID_SUPERV_EVENT36" />

<SupervisorFinish value = "" />

</EFPEventFlashStrike>

but if it doesnt, the thing you will probably need to cahnge is the <enabled value ="0" /> to <Enabled value = "1" />

hope this helps, Tom.

just read over what you wanted for question 1, as you didnt specify, if you want more events, then lower the value and that should work.

• Upvote 1

i think to answer question one, go into Specs/fp_freeplay_endless and change the "<MinDurationBetweenEvents value = "60.0" />" to a high value, to make mine more realistic so i can return everything to HQ without there being another event, i changed mine too "<MinDurationBetweenEvents value = "160.0" />",

as for question 2, go into specs/fp_freeplay_endless once again, and find the following paragraph, which is under the <events> line,

<!-- JH -->

<EFPEventFlashStrike>

<Enabled value = "1" />

<!-- AverageFrequency: average number of events per 10 minutes (gets multiplied by timezone parameter "flash/frequenceyfactor") -->

<Worth value = "10.0" />

</EFPEventFlashStrike>

but if it doesnt, the thing you will probably need to cahnge is the <enabled value ="0" /> to <Enabled value = "1" />

hope this helps, Tom.

just read over what you wanted for question 1, as you didnt specify, if you want more events, then lower the value and that should work.

If theres any way to add another event to the game; without any kind of scripting problem???? kind of making a copy paste of one event and changing the name... :holdglass::sorrysign:

If theres any way to add another event to the game; without any kind of scripting problem???? kind of making a copy paste of one event and changing the name... :holdglass::sorrysign:

What did you have in mind?

<!-- JH -->

<EFPEventFlashStrike>

<Enabled value = "1" />

<Worth value = "10.0" />

</EFPEventFlashStrike>

hope this helps, Tom.

do you have event overlap?

i just did a search in freeplay parametres and freeplay endless fies, and couldn't find anything, if you want less events, you could also try and edit <AverageFrequency value = "1.0" /> in each event paragraph, and make the "1.0" lower, because it makes the average number of that type of event lower for every 10 minutes that you play the game. and if you want more events, make it higher.

if you still have no luck, i can send you an attatchment of my specs folder, but you'd need to tell me what events you want to play with, and the ones you dont want, and what event you want to play most etc.

cheers, Tom.

• Upvote 1

If theres any way to add another event to the game; without any kind of scripting problem????

I believe you can do very basic missions in the editor alone, but if you mean free play events/mission, then no.

kind of making a copy paste of one event and changing the name... :holdglass::sorrysign:

Nope that would not work. How would the game know what the event was/meant? Technically if you were to be able to crack the game files and access the code you could reuse the code to give an existing event a new name but that would be pretty hard.

I believe you can do very basic missions in the editor alone, but if you mean free play events/mission, then no.

Nope that would not work. How would the game know what the event was/meant? Technically if you were to be able to crack the game files and access the code you could reuse the code to give an existing event a new name but that would be pretty hard.

Ok, because... as i said... i was messing up with your SubMod map... (the one with YSB updates) and added somethings like a marina, a C. Guard base, an Army Base, some scenario on the PD station related with a demonstration and a movement of a prisioner (non movement, only the units on the scene and a idea on my mind); something related with people trying to cross the Border (scenario stated under the LA bridge), a corner in the PD station with impounds cars; amount other things....

All of this without any kind of scripting or movement.... Only scenarios to make more "beautiful" the map/game.:grinsevil::nixweiss:

something related with people trying to cross the Border

You do realize LA is 2-3 hours from the Mexican border right? This would be more of a matter for ICE(Immigration and Customs Enforcement) not Border Patrol. This is why a few people were mentioning the border patrol units are probably the most useless addition to the LA Mod. Now had Voodo actually made the Federal Units Mod that he was planning, then it may have server a purpose.

You do realize LA is 2-3 hours from the Mexican border right? This would be more of a matter for ICE(Immigration and Customs Enforcement) not Border Patrol. This is why a few people were mentioning the border patrol units are probably the most useless addition to the LA Mod. Now had Voodo actually made the Federal Units Mod that he was planning, then it may have server a purpose.

1. This is a game.

2. If it is a game, you could do whatever you want..... If i want a 1000 floor building in the middle of the city i could put it that way.

3. I am not a US living person (if you read my profile, you could notice that), so i dont know who makes what on US enforcement.

4. If i am really "smart" to understant the words "Border Patrol", they are use to patrol a border... So if i want some peoples in "MY" copy of the game to cross the BORDER, so in my game theres a car, persons and units that says BORDER PATROL, ther can get them.

5. If i remember and my teacher taught me well history and geography... California is on Border with Mexico....

5. If i remember and my teacher taught me well history and geography... California is on Border with Mexico....

California IS on the border, but LA is quite a ways from that border. There are is border patrol in LA

1. This is a game.

2. If it is a game, you could do whatever you want..... If i want a 1000 floor building in the middle of the city i could put it that way.

The game also has restrictions. Unless you can find a way to access the barebone code of that game and understand what to do with it, no... you cannot do ANYTHING with this game. Yes, you can bend rules. Most all of these mods have bent them in some way or another, but you can't all out BREAK them.

3. I am not a US living person (if you read my profile, you could notice that), so i dont know who makes what on US enforcement.

You may not live in the US, but you can use a computer... google/bing/yahoo/ask jeeves it

And xplorer may be a little snappy sometimes, but this is one where he's actually trying to educate you without pulling any smart comments. Just take it as learning something new and move on.

California IS on the border, but LA is quite a ways from that border. There are is border patrol in LA

You may not live in the US, but you can use a computer... google/bing/yahoo/ask jeeves it

I have made already some changes to the game, theres no problem with that to me... I have tried him to understand that i have google the issue and tried to understand as Non US person the roles of every kind of law enforcement.

The problem to me is that i was trying to find and answer or help to a non spamming thing or maybe a serious thing to me, and found this kind of answer.

Well i will move on... :closed: to me... So :sorrysign: to everybody.

<!-- JH -->

<EFPEventFlashStrike>

<Enabled value = "1" />

<Worth value = "10.0" />

</EFPEventFlashStrike>

hope this helps, Tom.

i cant find the Specs folder

Hey guys! When I change the MinDurationBetweenEvents parameter in the fp_freeplay_endless XML file, and start freeplay, no events occur, nothing happens. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong?

I use the free XML editor called 'XML Notepad'

Hello!

Well, the min duration between events isn't everything. You'll have to edit the idle time too (found a few rows down).

Anyhow, your problem seems to be a little weird. Try to go back to the original parameters and then edit the numbers only. Remember that there is a difference between "." and ",".

I have mine set to 180 (I set it differently for different mods though), but I've also edited the idle times, so I get the events within a reasonable time anyways.

I use the normal notepad that comes with windows.

Cheers!

Xandarb

Hello!

Well, the min duration between events isn't everything. You'll have to edit the idle time too (found a few rows down).

Anyhow, your problem seems to be a little weird. Try to go back to the original parameters and then edit the numbers only. Remember that there is a difference between "." and ",".

I have mine set to 180 (I set it differently for different mods though), but I've also edited the idle times, so I get the events within a reasonable time anyways.

I use the normal notepad that follows windows.

Cheers!

Xandarb

Hey Xandarb,

After I read your post I decided to try editing the file with the regular notepad like you do, and it worked! I guess something was wrong with my XML editor.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it. :)