Newfoundking

New York Stuff Topic

It must be something with New York topics, because now even the offtopic topic is off topic.

Here is a link to photos from the 2011 FDIC convention, which include some shots of the new FDNY rigs including one of the first of the Ferrara rear mount ladders. Also, I've attached pics from the FDNY EMS rant website of the new FDNY ambulances, although I heard that there may have been some done on four door Ford chassis.

I don´t like the ambulance and I don´t like the new engines front.

I don´t like the ambulance and I don´t like the new engines front.

do you mean the new ladder's front, cause you can't really see the engine's front in that picture

I hate those blue lights aaaarrrgghhh :1046274283_heul: .

just cause it has blue lenses on it doesn't mean it has blue lights. The new rescues have blue lenses but no blue lights as you can see in the video below.

What's the difference between a Squad and an Engine? (i.e. Squad 61 and Engine 10 in NYC Mod, 'tis the only reason I ask.)

The OC-D

In the mod, there really is no difference. In real life, a squad is an engine company in it's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd due areas, a truck company outside of those areas, has all the capabilities of a rescue company minus scuba and can respond as an SOC unit, and a haz-mat technician unit for minor haz-mat emergencies.

It must be something with New York topics, because now even the offtopic topic is off topic.

Here is a link to photos from the 2011 FDIC convention, which include some shots of the new FDNY rigs including one of the first of the Ferrara rear mount ladders. Also, I've attached pics from the FDNY EMS rant website of the new FDNY ambulances, although I heard that there may have been some done on four door Ford chassis.

Interesting FDNY and LAFD both went to Doge Ram chasis for the ambulances. There starting to grow on me the more i see them. Although, I wonder, why the switch from a van to truck chassis? If they wanted dodge why not go with the Sprinter? Seems like it would be cheaper as the sprinter seems like it could be built in whole by the actual dodge/Chrysler factories and then modify the guts at the equipment factories like braun.

do you mean the new ladder's front, cause you can't really see the engine's front in that picture

just cause it has blue lenses on it doesn't mean it has blue lights. The new rescues have blue lenses but no blue lights as you can see in the video below.

Odd never seen such a thing before. Whats the point of blue lenses if your going to eliminate amber lighting?

Interesting FDNY and LAFD both went to Doge Ram chasis for the ambulances. There starting to grow on me the more i see them. Although, I wonder, why the switch from a van to truck chassis? If they wanted dodge why not go with the Sprinter? Seems like it would be cheaper as the sprinter seems like it could be built in whole by the actual dodge/Chrysler factories and then modify the guts at the equipment factories like braun.

FDNY went from ford f450 to the dodge chassis. The fDNY does have a couple of buses on the ford van chassis, but their assigned to RAC units or are in the reserve/spare pool.

How many battalions is it in NYC :)

46 Battalions

FDNY high rise unit and FDNY Buildings unit have the same purpose?

high rise rigs are rigs that respond to all working high rise fires with extra equipment such as extra high rise packs. The buildings unit is a non-emergency unit, but I have no idea what they do, I would guess building inspections.

FDNY high rise unit and FDNY Buildings unit have the same purpose?

As firefighter111 stated, the high rise units gets called to working high rise fires to deliver an huge amount of additional specialized tools for fighting those.

The buildings unit is a non - emergency internal division which takes on task of janitor and carpenter work for all FDNY buildings. They have the task to implement energy - saving concepts for old and new buildings of the FDNY.

The FDNY wants to reduce costs and counteracts concerning enviromental aspects with this method.

FDNY went from ford f450 to the dodge chassis. The fDNY does have a couple of buses on the ford van chassis, but their assigned to RAC units or are in the reserve/spare pool.

I dont mean to be rude, but um whats that got to do with my main point, why go with the ram rather then the sprinter? I mean the sprinters are being put in service for emergency use as ambulances in some places, so I am guessing Dodge sells them as a fleet option, and it seems like the transformation from civilian vehicle to emergence response vehicle might be sped up some since they would not need to produce a box and weld it to the frame as they do with the ram or even like they have to do with the ford chassis. The sprinter also has a smaller front end, and while this might not make a big difference in such a small vehicle as compared to say a city buss or a semi, the reduced engine compartment size makes it easier when you have to nose out in to an intersection to see make sure it is clear. Again the engine compartment probably makes little difference since this is not something huge like a bus or semi. My main focus was on cost which we all know is the biggest factor in a purchase. I suppose that could answer my question why the ram was choosen over a sprinter, or maybe production on the sprinters is done in less numbers compared to the ram. I know around these parts, Sprinters are very rare where as I can walk out side in the apt parking lot and my neighbor has a Ram.

I dont mean to be rude, but um whats that got to do with my main point, why go with the ram rather then the sprinter? I mean the sprinters are being put in service for emergency use as ambulances in some places, so I am guessing Dodge sells them as a fleet option, and it seems like the transformation from civilian vehicle to emergence response vehicle might be sped up some since they would not need to produce a box and weld it to the frame as they do with the ram or even like they have to do with the ford chassis. The sprinter also has a smaller front end, and while this might not make a big difference in such a small vehicle as compared to say a city buss or a semi, the reduced engine compartment size makes it easier when you have to nose out in to an intersection to see make sure it is clear. Again the engine compartment probably makes little difference since this is not something huge like a bus or semi. My main focus was on cost which we all know is the biggest factor in a purchase. I suppose that could answer my question why the ram was choosen over a sprinter, or maybe production on the sprinters is done in less numbers compared to the ram. I know around these parts, Sprinters are very rare where as I can walk out side in the apt parking lot and my neighbor has a Ram.

Sorry, I thought you were wondering why the FDNY specifically changed from a truck to a van chassis rather than everyone in general switching to a truck chassis. In terms of the FDNY, they do everything through bidding. Basically, they release the specs in a public notice and then any company that wants can place a bid, and the lowest bid wins. My guess is that the sprinter chassis was either too expensive to win the bid or it wasn't compatible to the FDNY's specs. Also, the FDNY wanted extended cabs and you can't get those on a van chassis. In terms of the general switch from van to truck chassis, look at Ford as an example. Their van and the super dutys start out at about the same price, but the super dutys can carry almost 1 and 1/2 times more than the van. Also the only difference between the truck chassis rigs and the van chassis rigs originally was the tunnel between the cab and the box which wasn't present in the truck chassis rigs. That has since been changed and now both have the tunnel.

About FDNY:

How many volunteers as a percentage of the total number of firefighters in NY?

How many engines respond when reporting a fire? 2? 3? Or in each individual case dispatcher decides individually?

How much time is given for leaving firefighters from the firehouse after the alarm?

FDNY is a fully paid department. No volley FFs

How many engines respond when reporting a fire? 2? 3? Or in each individual case dispatcher decides individually?

Depending on the type of fire depends on what goes, also you need to remember what is nearby... If it's a car fire and the rescue station is down the street, then the loadout will be different than if it was in times square

How much time is given for leaving firefighters from the firehouse after the alarm?

About a minute to a minute 20, the standard time for firefighters across the US

FDNY is a fully paid department. No volley FFs

Actually if you mean in FDNY then NFK is correct, however there is approx. 10 all vol. departments within the city limits. They respond with FDNY in many cases.

Depending on the type of fire depends on what goes, also you need to remember what is nearby... If it's a car fire and the rescue station is down the street, then the loadout will be different than if it was in times square

About a minute to a minute 20, the standard time for firefighters across the US