ChicagoFirefighterL3

Switching 911:firstresponders

Hello!

You want to copy one game from a hard drive to another hard drive on another computer, right?

Well, that's one hell of a project. I have never done it AND succeeded, but i haven't tried that much either, so... Good luck (your gonna need it!)

If you have the game cd it's gonna be easy. Just install normally, and then if you want to have the mods installed on your old computer copied to your new computer, you just copy the Mods folder over the new Mods folder on ur other computer. You might also want to copy savegame files. (wherever THEY are)

If you have lost your disk/activation key (or maybe you have downloaded a pirate game, that's illegal, you know), then you have to copy the game, and copy some stuff from your registry, (start, run, regedit) and you have to copy the right stuff without messing up, to the right place on your new computer again without messing up... And that isn't easy. At this stage i gave up and simply didn't install the game (flat out 2, i think it was) on my other computer. Not worth it to spend hours on it

So, you will have to find all hidden files attached with the game and as i said find all the games stuff in the registry.

In registry-stuff mac is better than pc, big time! Mac has a registry for every application, so on a mac it's only to copy paste and there you are, your game is now copied and working on teh other computer! On pc, there is one registry for all the applications/software, this means that you will have to find all the stuff attached to the game, and not the other crap that is hiding in there, also you must make sure that you put them at the right place on your new computer again, i warn you, without messing up. :D This is the problem when copying games!

I'd say it's impossible, sorry.

And please, if you decide to give it a shot, make sure that you don't mess up! (I think that you get the message already) :D

Registry need to be working or you will have to reinstall all of the damaged programs and maybe windows too.