station9emt/firefighter

does anyone have xfire

emergency 4 wont disply on xfire wink.gif

Yes EM4 will work on xfire, all you have to do is manually add it to your list of games though (If my info is wrong then let me know by PM, i haven't been on xfire in over a year.)

Yes. In order for this to work (I'll tell you the reason why you should do this later in this post), you need to create a notepad where you can easily access it. Open it up and paste one of the three codes exactly as it's structured in the notepad pertaining to the game you have:

[Ãâ€â€ÃƒÆ’â€â€ÃƒÆ’â€â€ÃƒÆ’â€â€]

LongName=Emergency 4: Global Fighters for Life

LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\InstallDir

LauncherExe=em4.exe

Launch=_LAUNCHER_EXE_PATH% _LAUNCHER_EXTRA_ARGS% _LAUNCHER_NETWORK_ARGS%

InGameRenderer=D3D9

LongName=Emergency 4 Deluxe Edition

LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4 Deluxe\InstallDir

LauncherExe=em4deluxe.exe

InGameRenderer=D3D9

LongName=911: First Responders

LauncherDirKey=HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4\InstallDir

LauncherExe=em4.exe

InGameRenderer=D3D9

Replace the "Ãâ€â€ÃƒÆ’â€â€ÃƒÆ’â€â€ÃƒÆ’â€â€" with a very high 4-digit number, like in the 9000's. Save it, but keep this open.

Next, go to C:\Program Files\Xfire\, right-click on xfire_games (not the one with the .bak extension) and create a shortcut to the Desktop. Close that window and double-click on the xfire_games shortcut. Scroll all the way to the bottom of this file. Go to the end of the last line and press Enter 3 times (all the game launch codes are structured to be placed 2 spaces apart). Go back to the notepad I told you to leave open, highlight the whole code and copy it. Close the notepad, go into the xfire_games.ini file you opened, and paste it. Save and close.

Open your Xfire, click on Tools -> Options, click on the Games tab so that Xfire can detect the code you pasted. That's it! You are able to launch Emergency 4 or Emergency 4 Deluxe with Xfire!

NOTE: Now, the reason why you needed to create a notepad for one of the codes above as well as making a shortcut of xfire_games.ini to the Desktop because Xfire doesn't support any of these games unless everyone playing them wants them supported. If there are Xfire updates being installed on your PC, a new xfire_games file will replace the xfire_games file with one of the above codes and you'll have to repaste them after every update if you want to launch one of those games with Xfire.

EDIT on Aug. 5: Added the Xfire code to launch 911: First Responders.

All games can be added by manually adding them, it's in the options thing somewhere. (If my info is wrong then let me know by PM, i haven't been on xfire in over a year.)

the xfire team has added 911 first responder to there game list.

so xfire does now support 911 first responder / emergency 4 / deluxe

Yes they do I'm glad finally they are adding more and more games.

EDIT: Just to make sure im gonna add a non-Xfire game right now hope i remember my password

EDIT#2: Ok so here we go! How To Get EM4 To Work On XFire (The Simple Way) This only works if you don't have 911FR!

Step #1: Open the options window by going to tools then options.

Step #2 Go to the games tab across the top of the window, then wait for it detect games.

Step #3 On the left side of the games tab their is a list of all your games, at the bottom go to Not Installed.

Step #4 Then find 911FR and click it then on the right there will be a drop down menu that says automatically detect (or something like that)click it

Step #5 change the drop down menu to manually detect then type in the location of EM4. Then have fun!!!

If anything is wrong in this post let me know ill fix it

Edited by griffy