Station27

Small Town American Mod (W.I.P) RESTART

Here is an as is image of the map texture

Provided by our mapper

It's full of mistakes, sorry to say it. Most of the road parts don't even fit eachother or aren't connected. The roads that ends (like small roads with residence on it) doesn't have a nice rounding or anything to show they actually stop. Also is the roads going across the water which it should not; Bridges cover this, the road can now be seen underneath the bridge too...

All in all 0/10 - sorry, but it's reality, I really see no effort put into this.

EDIT;

Not to mention that when the roads hit eachother the pavements is not rounded off, and even some of the roads just has a "Head on collision" without any realistic items to show the road colors change. I even see a road where a pavement gets the same treatment.

It's full of mistakes, sorry to say it. Most of the road parts don't even fit eachother or aren't connected. The roads that ends (like small roads with residence on it) doesn't have a nice rounding or anything to show they actually stop. Also is the roads going across the water which it should not; Bridges cover this, the road can now be seen underneath the bridge too...

All in all 0/10 - sorry, but it's reality, I really see no effort put into this.

EDIT;

Not to mention that when the roads hit eachother the pavements is not rounded off, and even some of the roads just has a "Head on collision" without any realistic items to show the road colors change. I even see a road where a pavement gets the same treatment.

I will pass this on to him be advised that this is not a final version just the base of what will be finished

EDIT;

A bit harsh imo lol, but I agree with your basic points for the most part.

I dont think all the roads should round out at the end. Run this address for google maps:

4314 East Riverside Drive, Evansville, Indiana

And see most streets here do not round out. Then go down to street view and look at the dead end. The street may as well run through to the back of the APT complex over there but it doesnt. Now I do agree some should round out for variety, but not all.

Some of the streets do indeed need patching up. Some parts look like 2 street textures just chopped together.

A bit harsh imo lol, but I agree with your basic points for the most part.

I dont think all the roads should round out at the end. Run this address for google maps:

4314 East Riverside Drive, Evansville, Indiana

And see most streets here do not round out. Then go down to street view and look at the dead end. The street may as well run through to the back of the APT complex over there but it doesnt. Now I do agree some should round out for variety, but not all.

Some of the streets do indeed need patching up. Some parts look like 2 street textures just chopped together.

As stated earlier its the image thats choppy not the actual texture look at the second one almost flawless.

post-13492-0-98874000-1293217402.jpg

As stated earlier its the image thats choppy not the actual texture look at the second one almost flawless.

post-13492-0-98874000-1293217402.jpg

Sorry to say, but I think liamhomie is feeding you a line..if it was just the image then it would turn out choppy in this image as well.

Hey, at least I was constructive and not just saying "NICE WORK" or worse "that sucks" :-P

True :P

I'd say if you cut out a road or two, then it'd have the rural fit a little more. That's just my personal opinion obviously, but otherwise, I like the layout ;)

And I agree. I'd say there way to many roads now.