Station27

Small Town American Mod (W.I.P) RESTART

Hello,

Basically our Mod will consist of Fire/EMS and Police with some other civic vehicles. All of the vehicles are being made by skilled modelers. The Fire Department will be based off an all volunteer basis. They will be alerted by pagers and a house siren. PD will run off a small local police station. The hospital doesnt really need an explanation. Our Mod will Include.

Newsonville Vol. Fire Department

Who is Working on What Models:

Engine 1-helljumper51

post-13492-0-24853900-1296342607_thumb.j

Engine 2-+Pastor Alex+

Engine 3-+Pastor Alex+

post-13492-0-26818600-1309559309_thumb.j

Engine 4-KieferMatthewHandschuh (Original Model by em4fun)

Ambulance 1-USman

Ambulance 2-helljumper51

Rescue 1-KieferMatthewHandschuh

Brush 1-Undecided

Command 1-USman

Tanker 1-Undecided

Squad 1-USman

Tower 1-USman (Made by USman)

Station Layout;

Station 1:

post-13492-0-56529600-1295822140_thumb.j

Station 2:

post-13492-0-25494600-1295822153_thumb.j

post-13492-0-22250200-1295822165_thumb.j

post-13492-0-78604600-1295822179_thumb.j

We have just recently decided to do another fire department as an off the map mutual aid station to respond to all major incidents.

Ulster County Volunteer Fire Department

Engine 622-helljumper51

Tanker 626-2010 Freightliner Eliptical Tanker

Newsonville Sheriff's Office:

New York State Police-Ford Crown Victoria

Ulster County Sheriff Units-Ford Crown Victoria

Newsonville Police Units-Ford Crown Victoria-Done

1 Local Police Station

post-13492-0-00650800-1297014151_thumb.j

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNOOYst9iuE&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofwYqoqzY0Y

Map:

post-13492-0-53408500-1295207889_thumb.j

Other:

1 Tow Truck

1 Engineer Vehicle

TEAM:

Coordinatior- Station 27

Modeler(s)- KieferMatthewHanschuh, USman, helljumper51, +Pastor Alex+

U-V Mapper(s)- USman, +Pastor Alex+

Skinner(s)- ChadeBartsch

Scripter(s)- blimp666, Open, +Pastor Alex+

Lights- Em4life

Map Editor(s)- liamhomie, +Pastor Alex+

I will be working on small things to get the mod running if anyone is interested PM me or comment below anyone with experience wanted little experience is okay too.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY FEATURE REQUESTS PLEASE REMEMBER TO KEEP THEM REALISTIC!

CURRENTLY W.I.P

post-13492-0-71127200-1293217461.jpg

post-13492-0-20879600-1293217468.jpg

post-13492-0-74121200-1293217488.jpg

FD Apparatus:

Engine 1-2010 Freightliner Engine

Engine 2-Undecided Model

Engine 3-1984 Ford FMC Engine

Engine 4-2009 Sutphen Rescue Engine

Brush 1-Undecided Model

Tanker 1-Undecided Model

Rescue 1-American LaFrance Heavy Rescue

Squad 1-Ford Light Rescue

Tower 1-Undecided Model

Command 1-Ford Crown Victoria

Ambulance 1-90's Ford Ambulance

Ambulance 2-Freighliner MedStar Heavy Duty Ambulance

Edited by Station27

What kinda of sirens do you use? Sounds like a good idea and I like the volunteer fire dept. idea. :popcorn:

The Sirens I will use will be:

Fire-Q Sirens for Engines, Tankers, Etc., Pa300 on Smaller Vehicles

EMS-Pa300, Whelen

PD-Unsure Yet Probably a Whelen or Smart Siren

Sounds great. hope you can follow through :)

I hope so too. If anyone has any experience or any way contribute to the mod dont be shy we need all the help that we can get. If anyone needs to PM me and I will get back to you ASAP.

STATION 27

I would suggest some type of aerial unit. Maybe called on mutual aid from another county. Even in rural NY, PA, OH, etc., most departments have access to a tower ladder, or straight stick aerial. Tiller trucks are far less likely because that means another driver. Many volunteer houses have a hard enough time getting one driver.

What would be really cool is to have the fire be dispatched, and then have the guys respond from their houses to the firehouse in their own vehicles. In PA, volunteers have blue lights on their cars. It would be cool to see that in game.

I'm not sure which way you are going with this but what would be really cool is to make a town with one firehouse. That is your mod station. Put and engine, tanker, rescue company, chief, and an EMS unit. Everything else would have to be called from off the map from neighboring departments. So things like extra tankers, tower ladders, any extra help would have to come from off of the map. Maybe delay them for 5-10 minutes so you can get that small town feel. Are there going to be limits to resources as well? What I mean is that in the LA Mod, as long as I have $$, I can keep calling for more help. I could call 12 ladder trucks if I needed. That is realistic, given the size of the LAFD. However, in rural land, you can still call for all that help, but it is going to take forever to get there. Many times fires get larger than areas with paid departments, due to the time it takes to get the proper units there. How about water supply issues? Areas with no hydrants? That would certainly bring out some of the challenges that rural departments face. I'm liking where you're going with this.

I would suggest some type of aerial unit. Maybe called on mutual aid from another county. Even in rural NY, PA, OH, etc., most departments have access to a tower ladder, or straight stick aerial. Tiller trucks are far less likely because that means another driver. Many volunteer houses have a hard enough time getting one driver.

What would be really cool is to have the fire be dispatched, and then have the guys respond from their houses to the firehouse in their own vehicles. In PA, volunteers have blue lights on their cars. It would be cool to see that in game.

I'm not sure which way you are going with this but what would be really cool is to make a town with one firehouse. That is your mod station. Put and engine, tanker, rescue company, chief, and an EMS unit. Everything else would have to be called from off the map from neighboring departments. So things like extra tankers, tower ladders, any extra help would have to come from off of the map. Maybe delay them for 5-10 minutes so you can get that small town feel. Are there going to be limits to resources as well? What I mean is that in the LA Mod, as long as I have $, I can keep calling for more help. I could call 12 ladder trucks if I needed. That is realistic, given the size of the LAFD. However, in rural land, you can still call for all that help, but it is going to take forever to get there. Many times fires get larger than areas with paid departments, due to the time it takes to get the proper units there. How about water supply issues? Areas with no hydrants? That would certainly bring out some of the challenges that rural departments face. I'm liking where you're going with this.

I May have an aerial ladder but most of the buildings are going to be 1-3 stories so no need mostly residental areas but I may do a squirt or something now with your idea i suggest you look at the first page because i have 2 stations one with 2 engines, 2 tankers, 1 rescue, 1 ems squad, 1 ambulance, and 1 command unit, my second station will be in a far less populated area of the map with 2 engine, 1 tanker, 1 brush, and 1 ambulance. Now with the water supply thats what tankers are for I may have a script where after 5-10 minutes of water coming from only the engine the water supply goes dry and then I have to call for a tanker. Now I may have it where water is dropped from the tanker into a portable pond or a hose from the engine to the tanker and then you need to draft but this would all be better if I had a scripter anyone interested PM me.

Had to find a new Engine 4 since the poly count was too high luckily the guy who I got the old from had this one so... Also we will have a new unit added Tower 1 so that will be at station 2 so station 2 will need some creative re working to allow it to fit in a 4 bay station

Edited by Newfoundking
We have a very nice edit button. Use it. OR suffer ;)

Good things take time. ;)

You won´t do any helicopter? I think that a Bell JetRanger would be good, if you can do it. Is a very used helicopter, especially for a little town police, fire or EMS department.

Once we get all our models skinned and ingame we may take requests. If you want to join the Small Town Mod Team PM me or message below.

Most small towns do NOT operate any helicopter(s) of any sort, EMS, Fire, Police, even here counties share the things because of the sheer cost of operation on the things... State handles Medic Helos through a taxpayer funded program and a 3500 dollar bill to the patient.... Helos just are too expensive to operate for most places. NYC, LA, and other major areas run their own gig on helos, but municipalities in general do NOT do so.

Well for El Paso County in Colorado, We have Fight for life, and MemoStar. There in based in Colorado Springs, at Memorial Main and Penrose St. Francis. There fly all into the mountains cover all of El Paso and Teller county. So yes small towns do use flight quite often so as long as there being called in as mutual aid, and called in from off the map it would be realistic. if need I can post some pictures and websites for referace of small towns I have lived in and the style of trucks.

Why don't you and EmC-Unit give them a break, they've only been working on this mod for 4 day, and you already want pictures. I have a question on Ambulance 1, when you say it's going to be a 1991 ford e-series ambulance, what type is it going to be? (i.e. I, II, or III)

It may be harsh but personally I think its always good to start a mod preview thread on a good note, which imo, includes a screen shot of something new. It doesnt have to be soemthing to fancy, but atleast prove to people out of the gate you have say atleast 1 completed model. It proves that you/your team are capable of atleast one thing. I mean it oculd be a youtube of a new script, maybe even something simple but useful. Now does that mean we will see a completed mod one day? Nope. Any one thats been here long enough knows that, but, again, its just my opinion showing something is better then nothing.

I could see one for state police though, since you really need them for the car chases in freeplay.

I have never needed a chopper for the police chase, atleast in the LA Mod. When a stolen car report comes in, find the nearest unit, and use the chase command on the stolen vehicle. When the cop gets close to the vehicular, the gangster usually ditches the vehicle and take off on foot, and again use the chase command and arrest the gangster. Haul him off to jail, and your done. The only place the police heli is required is the missions.

ATTENTION ALL:

Anyone who is interested in modelling my modeller could use an additional hand. If anyone has any expierience making models in EM4 or Sketchup(Making own models not from 3D Warehouse) You can contact Myself or KieferMatthewHandschuh

through PM or Replying to this.

Station 27

I would really like to see drafting, since i volly in a small town and we have 5 2500 gal tenders and 2 3000 gal pumpers. Also havinf to call in hazmat, and ladders from the off the map

We might have something like that just not exactly. No promises but we may have it where you connect a hose from the tanker to the hydrant and fill it and then the tanker takes to the location of the engine; the engine hooks a hose to the tanker and repeat the process as many times as needed. We have 1 ladder but we shouldnt need more than that because small towns dont have that many large buildings. As for haz-mat that will probably be on Rescue 1, Tower 1, etc.

If anyone is interested still need:

1 Additional Modeler

1 Scripter

1 Person to package mod

1 UV Mapper

1 Person to do the map

~STATION 27~

yea sounds great. well you know what actually drafting is right? and what if the sheriff was hazmat

yes drafting is a process where you take water from a river, pond, or something else along those lines and use the pump on your engine or a portable pump(usually carried on Tankers) to fill your truck. I may I dont know if I even will have hazmat or not.