YSB

Xplorer4x4 mod with YSB changes (Available)

Guest mutualaidsupplies

Did you first install the Xplorer4x4 mod and then apply the patched files to the mod or did you apply the patched files to the original un-moded folders? If the game is going back to Windows then you probably replaced the wrong files.

Mine is also going back to windows also. What do you mean replacing the wrong files? I dragged and dropped into the folder and said yes to replace the folders with yours. Same as I have done with anyone elses mods. If yours require specific instructions, then why dont you tell us in detail what needs to be done so we can do it correct the first time.

Mine is also going back to windows also. What do you mean replacing the wrong files? I dragged and dropped into the folder and said yes to replace the folders with yours. Same as I have done with anyone elses mods. If yours require specific instructions, then why dont you tell us in detail what needs to be done so we can do it correct the first time.

Hello, you have to open the files one by one and you have to replace them in the file that the game is on C:.

Guest mutualaidsupplies

Hello, you have to open the files one by one and you have to replace them in the file that the game is on C:.

That is exactly what I did do. Maybe a file got corrupted on the transfer. I will uninstall everything and try again. I have the Xplorer4x4 game reinstalled and working so I will try to install this one again.

Thanks

I really can't tell you why your system is going back to Windows. There is nothing special about this mod in terms of how to install it. Keep in mind that the main game directory has a folder structure just like the mods. Make sure the files you are replacing are the Xplorer4x4 files and not the main game files. Also make sure the e4mod.info file is going into the mod folder and not the main game folder. Beyond that I really can't imagine what you're doing wrong. I have this mod running on my own system without a problem and I know personally of several other people who are using it besides for those who downloaded it here so the mod isn't the problem. Also, are you using version 2.0.8 of the Xplorer4x4 mod? I have no idea how my changes would affect earlier versions but it was designed for and tested only with version 2.0.8.

Lastly, this was released as a private mod with no warranty. It was done for my own entertainment and I offer it here so that other people can enjoy it as well. I simply don't have the time though to hold the hand of every person that has trouble with the install and walk them through it step by step. I'd really love to do it, honestly, but I simply don't have the time. All I can suggest further is, if you have someone you can go to who is more of a tech guy than you are, see if you can get that person to help you. Otherwise, you're free to stick with the plain Xplorer4x4 mod, which offers an excellent playing experience even without my changes, and I won't be insulted.

Good luck on that install. Let us know if you get it to work.

Enjoy!

I just posted version 1.3 of my mod. Due to real life I didn't have nearly as much playing time as I would have really liked to have to thoroughly test it. I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be any issues that directly effect game play and there are no errors that I'm aware of but there are a few fixes that might not do exactly what they're supposed to. If anyone comes across any of these things I'd appreciate if you let me know if they worked or not.

I fixed the issue where a policeman gets stuck with his gun out after arresting someone. The problem seemed to have been rather fluky in the first place so I'm not 100% sure my fix will always work. If you come across this problem in this version let me know.

I tried to fix a car accident that involved a car in the water. There was a problem with it and the game never used it. I haven't had nearly enough playing to time to see if it works now so if you're the first to get it let me know if it works properly.

There was a gas explosion event on a tanker in the water. The tanker was set not to burn so the mission would fail instantly but you'd still have to pick up some injuries. I tried to edit the tanker's properties in the hope that the mission really works. If you get a gas explosion on the tanker let me know if it results in a playable mission and fire of if it's still an instant fail.

There is a pathing problem where Rescue 7 and the crane try to pull into the ambulance driveway before backing out and going to their proper parking space. I can't figure out for the life of me why it's happening and none of my attempts to fix it seemed to work. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Any other feedback is always welcome. Enjoy!

Suggestions: Replace the USAR truck with the LRA, since they're kind of the same. Removing the swift water unit from FS1, since there's no calls that involve a boat. Adding more parking spaces for more patrol units at the police station. And let the unmarked cars park at the sheriffs office when they have a deputy inside it, if that's possible.

Guess what, you got your wish for the unmarked cars. If you put a deputy inside it will now go to the LASD station. I also tried to fix a mission that involves a boat and a crane. I don't know yet if it works properly but we'll find out soon.

Enjoy!

i installed xplorers mod then installed your changes and now i get a car fire at the beginning of every game i play and then nothing else after it. any help/suggestions on what to change? happy thanks giving

nevermind, reinstalled and works fine now

Edited by emurr

Can someone point out to me exactly how to install this? I have downloaded it, but have no idea how to make it run. Thanks!

You need to download and install the Xplorer4x4 submod first. Then you copy these files over the ones in the Xplorer4x4 mod folder with the same names. That's it!

riverking100, thanks for the feedback. I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Enjoy! :cheers-mate:

Question ..well 1st off let me take a moment to say thank you to both yourself and 4x4 as I love the submod...My question is ..is there anyway I cn retain the Pierce pumper from 4x4 's mod in station 2 wiht the changes made to it with your sub submod LOL thank you in advance for your reply

I'm very sorry, But can you be more specific for me. I am not really computer savy.

Hey guys, awesome mod! I'm really enjoying the changes. I am having an issue where I cannot change any of the original specs. I go into the correct folders and highlight the unit that needs to be changed, but I am unable to overwrite anything. Any ideas?

I'm assuming you got it installed by now.

In terms of changing specs, I'm if you are using Vista or Windows 7 this a 'security' feature of Windows. You need to copy the file you want to change to the desktop, do and save the changes on the desktop version, then copy the changed file back to its original location replacing the existing file.

Question ..well 1st off let me take a moment to say thank you to both yourself and 4x4 as I love the submod...My question is ..is there anyway I cn retain the Pierce pumper from 4x4 's mod in station 2 wiht the changes made to it with your sub submod LOL thank you in advance for your reply

I don't remember offhand how much of the Engine17 code I kept. Try to send the engine in FS2 back to HQ, call out an Engine 17 and try to send it to station. If my memory serves me correctly it should work. The one catch is that if you send an Engine1 back to station while Engine 17 is out, if FS2 is closer the Engine 1 will take the space instead. To prevent that there is one line in the ToFireStation script you could change that will reject the Engine 1 when it tries to park there. The engine might still try to go to FS2 but it will ultimately go to FS1 instead. To completely stop it from looking at FS2 there is a larger block of code that has to be edited that is a bit too complicated to explain here.

the oil tanker looking ship docked explodes but there is no fire afterwords

Yea, a friend of mine told me the same thing. I guess I still didn't quite get it right. Maybe I'll get it right for version 1.4.

Has anyone yet gotten the mission with the car in the water? I'd love to know if that one's working or not.

I've also found another small bug where a diver goes to the SWR truck when you pull the alarm even if there is already a diver in the truck. you then end up with a bunch of divers hanging around the parking lot.

I think that covers things for now.

Enjoy!

Personally, I think rescue 7 should not be considered an ambulance. If anything, I would suggest having 2 different models, one that's strictly a rescue and one that's a LRA. as far as other things, I would also suggest not having the FF/PM(EMT)'s already in SCBA gear when they respond out. Not all calls require it. I'm pretty happy with the seating and stuff, just a few tweaks.

TL;DR:

I suggest:

Rescue 7 becomes JUST a rescue again

FF's don't start out w/ SCBA

Personally, I think rescue 7 should not be considered an ambulance. If anything, I would suggest having 2 different models, one that's strictly a rescue and one that's a LRA. as far as other things, I would also suggest not having the FF/PM(EMT)'s already in SCBA gear when they respond out. Not all calls require it. I'm pretty happy with the seating and stuff, just a few tweaks.

TL;DR:

I suggest:

I assume it's not in this one, but a fun feature about the w00ds version (and I hope you don't mind me mentioning this Xplorer) is that the paramedics have 3 (maybe 4) outs that they turn out in. Each vehicle is randomly staffed when you call it. I really love this aspect. One may be in turnout gear while the other is wearing the blue outfit.

TL;DR:

I suggest:

The way I see it, having Rescue 7 as just a rescue doesn't really make sense. First, because you already have a USAR truck and Rescue 7 wouldn't serve any real purpose. Second, the body type is much more ambulance style than rescue truck style. Alternatively it could be made into just a 2-patient ambulance. This would give it a distinctive role and fit its profile but I really like having the jaws on board so I don't need an extra rescue truck at an MVA. I have to double check what equipment it has right now. It really shouldn't have any other rescue equipment besides the jaws but I don't think it has anything, besides jaws, that the regular ambulances don't have. If I find anything else I might take it off.

As far as SCBA goes, truth be told, SCBA is NEVER needed in freeplay. There are no injuries to firefighters from smoke in freeplay even without SCBA. I wish I could figure out how to change that but that's the way it is for now. I use the SCBA for two reasons. First, I use the extra 2 ffs on the truck as utility guys. If I need some chain-saw work or if there are injured persons in the burning building or if I want to send a ff with an extinguisher into the building those are the guys I use. For a regular fire where all I need are hoses I just use rapid-deploy and leave the two extra guys alone. The SCBA makes them clearly identifiable as the utility guys even without clicking on them. Second, for every ff you have on the field, the cost of dispatching a ff from HQ goes up. Having a ff in SCBA though does not raise the price of a plain ff. By putting the two utility guys in SCBA they won't effect the cost of dispatching a ff if I have to do that for some reason.

In order to add some challenge to the game I might consider charging a fee to dispatch a unit from the station (right now no charges are assessed for that). Not in multiples the way the game charges for units dispatched from HQ but at least the base price should be charged to give you at least some incentive not to over-dispatch and to keep your units in good health. Does anyone think that's a good idea?

i have a issue when i unlock the units that explorer took out... i use to not have this issue... am i forgeting something? the issue is that once i unlock all of the cars it will not let me dispatch other units

Can you be more specific on what units you want and which ones can't be dispatched? In this sub-submod most of the units are already unlocked.

YSB-good job on your improvements.I,on the other hand,love what you did to the big ambulance and suggest you leave it as is.It takes away the necessity of having 3 different vehicles at an accident....

I assume it's not in this one, but a fun feature about the w00ds version (and I hope you don't mind me mentioning this Xplorer) is that the paramedics have 3 (maybe 4) outs that they turn out in. Each vehicle is randomly staffed when you call it. I really love this aspect. One may be in turnout gear while the other is wearing the blue outfit.

Nah its fine, i think i mentioned this one already, but dont recall. ;)

Here is the real life basis of Rescue 7 from a volly company way out on the other side of town:

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5882/rescue7ds2269529.jpg

Rescue 7 - 2005 Chevy C5500/EVI walk-in Medium Rescue

R-7 carries a wide range of rescue equipment including a 5000watt generator, a 4-Bottle Cascade system, an Amkus Combination Rescue Tool, short and long Hydro Rams, a Defibrillator, Water Rescue Equipment, and GPS.

It is a dedicated rescue truck, nothing more.

Another local example:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/391/medic4m1ds2317849.jpg

4 Medic 1 from another local county department.

4 Medic 1 - 2007 Freightliner M2/Wheel Coach Custom Type III

This rig is staffed full-time by a combination of FF/EMT and FF/Medics. In addition to it's medical equipment, the truck carries a combi-tool, shovels, brooms and other equipment for response to vehicle accidents. Heavier extrication tools are carried on Engines 2 & 3.

A bit more down played in the rescue department but still considered some what of a rescue truck, but has transport capabilities unlike 7R7.

Just saying, oh and YSB, feel free to release those patches, or release them as one patch, and ask a mod to put a download link in the first post of my topic crediting you for the patch. :)