Guest Blade

"Input is out of range" Error

Howdy all.

I'm having a weird error. I have Windows 7, 64 bit and I start up the game and it's running fine for half a second. Then my monitor gives an error saying that the input is out of it's range. I've fixed this error before (not on this game but in other applications) by changing the resolution but changing resolution in game nor out of game has fixed the problem. I tried installing the game on my laptop as it runs Windows XP and got the 2 second black screen and then crash error. I was able to find suggested solutions for fixing it but not for the error with my Windows 7 machine.

Edit: Let me also say that the game runs fine and I can click on everything. There's just the big green box in the middle of the screen that says, "Input is out of range." The game is also not taking up the whole screen, it just makes a little section of the whole screen to run in and the rest of the screen is black. Sort of like it's running in window mode with 3 inch black borders around the game, but it's in a fullscreen window.

These are all for the Windows 7 installation:

logfile.txt

DxDiag.txt

DxDiag64bit.txt <-- 64 bit Dxdiag

Damn! You have a quite great computer! ME WANT!

Finally someone that gets it to post DxDiag and that Log in the first post. :D

BTT:

Try to change your resolution to 1280x1024 before opening the game (by rightclicking desktop, choosing properties and so on).

Your video card is not quite as good as the rest of ur computer, but it should be enough for a game old like this. Try to update your video drivers.

From your DxDiag (What you have installed ATM):

Driver Version: 8.762.0.0

Downloadable at ati.com:

Driver Version: 10.10

So... Now you should update your drivers, here is a link!

Attention! Download ONE of these!

Ati Radeon HD 4XXX series Software suite (64 bit) <--I'd download this one! This will automatically update ALL of ur (graphic) drivers!

Ati Radeon HD 4XXX series 10.10 driver <-- only the driver, get this if you want to, but i wouldn't. Only difference is that this will not update in the future and it takes almost no disk space, so it's up to you.

Edit: Changed the faulty links