pyrofreak

A couple questions; reskinning and pics

1st off, I'd like to know. How do people take pictures, videos of their work in the editor?

2nd I'm having issues reskinning, and I read the tut HERE

Skinning sounds simple right? Not for me.

So I began, I loaded the editor up, and loaded the LA Mod V2.0. Then I unpacked the file cv_chp.v3o as the tut said too.

Then I opened up the dds converter (I downloaded it from the downloads section), expect I ran into one slight issue. In the Mods\LA MOD 2.0\Models\Vehicles\03 LA Police section their are two types of files. The cv_chp.V3o, and the cv_chp.dds file. Now the v.3o file is recognized by the editor (and that's the file I unpacked). Unfortunately, the DDS converter only recognizes the other file the .dds file (which I did not unpack). Now when I attempt to convert that file into an adobe photo shop file it says the conversion failed, and will not allow me to do it.

1st off, I'd like to know. How do people take pictures, videos of their work in the editor?

2nd, I've read the reskinning tut HERE, but I still have a few questions. I load the LA Mod 2.0 up in the editor, then I unpack ambulance01.v3o, however when I go to the converter to convert it (to dds) I'm not allowed. Also, I noticed their are two types of files DDS and v30, however the converter is only picking up the DDS files. Unfortunately, even the ambulance01.dds file won't convert. What am I missing?

I only know how to answer your first question. Most people will use softwares they have installed on their conputers to film and take pictures of their work in editor and during freeplay etc. As for the second question someone with skill of doing that unlike me will have to tell you what to do.

I only know how to answer your first question. Most people will use softwares they have installed on their conputers to film and take pictures of their work in editor and during freeplay etc. As for the second question someone with skill of doing that unlike me will have to tell you what to do.

In most countries HOW means what. Obviously they use software on their computer duh! I want to know what programs, not the obvious. All you've really done is raised your post count by one nothing more.

In most countries HOW means what. Obviously they use software on their computer duh! I want to know what programs, not the obvious. All you've really done is raised your post count by one nothing more.

Well theres tons you can download for free such as: Easy Screen Capture Video, CamStudio, HyperCam, VideoGet, Camtasia Studio, MobiGarda, Record Computer Screen 1.069. Or there's one you can buy such as: Debut Video Capture Software or My Screen Recorder 3.12.

2nd I'm having issues reskinning, and I read the tut HERE

Skinning sounds simple right? Not for me.

So I began, I loaded the editor up, and loaded the LA Mod V2.0. Then I unpacked the file cv_chp.v3o as the tut said too.

Then I opened up the dds converter (I downloaded it from the downloads section), expect I ran into one slight issue. In the Mods\LA MOD 2.0\Models\Vehicles\03 LA Police section their are two types of files. The cv_chp.V3o, and the cv_chp.dds file. Now the v.3o file is recognized by the editor (and that's the file I unpacked). Unfortunately, the DDS converter only recognizes the other file the .dds file (which I did not unpack). Now when I attempt to convert that file into an adobe photo shop file it says the conversion failed, and will not allow me to do it.

1st: A lot of people use Fraps and I started using it personally and I like it.

2nd: I think your file is still packed or locked why conversion failed. You did rename the .dds to like cv_chp1.v3o and then unpacked in editor and followed by that renamed it back to cv_chp.dds - would that be correct?

If you have solved this topic, just reply back you got it figured out.