Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
  • Announcements

• randomperson139

Signatures   03/04/2016

Hi everyone. It appears that the update to the new forum has affected the format of the majority of signatures (adding extra spaces, changing sizes etc.). Due to this, could everyone please check their own signature, ensuring that it complies with the site rules. See the http://www.emergency-planet.com/tos.html/ or http://www.emergency-planet.com/topic/16848-acceptable-signature-sizes/ for more information.  We'll give it a few weeks to give enough time to edit signatures, after that the unnecessarily large signatures will simply be removed. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, EMP Staff.
Dutycalls

What programs are recommended to edit .V30 and .dds?

Hi,

I'd like to re-texture the original em4 units just for private use, but I don't know what program to use to edit .dds and .v30 files. Can someone please help me?

Dutycalls

dds converter, and Paint.net both free :)

Hi,

I'd like to re-texture the original em4 units just for private use, but I don't know what program to use to edit .dds and .v30 files. Can someone please help me?

Dutycalls

.v3o = a plane text editor(not word) but notepad of notepad ++

.dds = dds converter like jab16 said, or with photoshop and the dds converter, both download-able from the download center(both dds converters)

Personally I use Photoshop CS5, but used photoshop 7 before that. I hated CS1-4, but 5 is another story! I love it!

For v3o and scripts nothing beats Notepad2 imo.

Use gimp, it has more features than paint and I personaly think it works 10x better. If you use it, you have to download a plugin for dds.

Sorry to double post but there is another problem. I've downloaded GIMP 2.6 and tried to open both .dds and .v30 with it but it says:

C:/Program Files/sixteen tons entertainment/Emergency 4/Data/Models/Persons/Police/profiler.dds (and .V30) is not a valid Win32 application.

Can someone tell me what the problem is or if there is a required plugin for GIMP?

Dutycalls

I don't think GIMP requires a plugin to open .dds, and I know Paint.Net doesn't need a plugin.

I use paint.net and that opens .dds files with no problem.

Try opening files from a mod not the original game and see if models from a mod work.

Hope I didn't just bump an old thread. If you open a v3o file in notebook or notebook++ or notebook2 and see a crazy jumbled mess, this file is still locked it must be unpacked in the game editor.

Norm,