Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

as far as i know there werent many major bugs just heard you cant load maps and stuff and light bars gone off cars on the people

The map doesnt load if you load the mod you have to replace the maps in the LA mod or the default maps and the lightbars are all there in 2.0 the only problems i saw were alot of missing files for the cars and police cars that spawn from the police station were not spawning and a few minor traffic problems.

hey dyson shouldn't you just make a base version and patching cause we all getting really excited

I was thinking that Dyson should release a beta version so that the community can test it out. Them more testers you have, the more bugs that could be found. A smaller group of tester will only take longer to found all of the bugs. Strength in numbers, just my two cents.

The base of version 2 will be released soon, I need to remove all bugs...

Testing in large groups is useless, 1 people will just bombard me with bugs saying the same ones about twenty times rather than the email method i use atm and 2 people will assume its the real version and cry for help, so nope I wont be doing that.

Here you go ladies and gentlemen, we present you the new FDNY Ambulance! Coming soon near your station.

( Please excuse the lagged video. It'll look 10x better when you see it in person. WATCH IN HD FOR BETTER VIEW)

Sweet ambulance lights, I'll get the rest of the units to you today :)

Its late here so this is just a last minute before bed post, but the submod will be on hold over the weekend (for the first time since i started it) as I am on holiday (vacation if your american haha) but I'm sure C.F.D will keep you up to date with whats going on, so I wont reply till monday might get a few posts tomorrow I dunno, so any questions just ask them before I go ;)

Peace

Dyson

x

Its late here so this is just a last minute before bed post, but the submod will be on hold over the weekend (for the first time since i started it) as I am on holiday (vacation if your american haha) but I'm sure C.F.D will keep you up to date with whats going on, so I wont reply till monday might get a few posts tomorrow I dunno, so any questions just ask them before I go ;)

Peace

Dyson

x

I figured as much, seeing the pictures their coming a long quite well :) Thanks for the update, I can't wait like AGH lol.

Hey everyone I need someones help. I am trying to get Dyson his new esu unit but have hit a bump in the road. I need a siknner who is familiar with zmod. I currently don't have the time to learn to skin, (been practiceing a little bit though) I have snap shots from each side and part (got a few to go) but if I can get anyones help with this it would be greatly appreciated ( far as I know one of the last things he needs before release of his mod ver 2.0.1) please pm me if you can help. We also will need a perminate skinner for our mod that can help work stuff for this one as well if anyone is up for the challenge.

Thanks,

B2bomber, Dyson, and the rest of the advanced gameplay team :)

Or a licenced version of zmod and I'll be able to do it :) oh btw if you wanna see some more screens head over to the new York 911 mod, check out post one you'll see what I mean :/

I thought you weren't replying til Monday? :)

i love the mod i can not wait to get it again because i had my la mod map edited so now i had to reinstall the game and it will not work

hey dyson I emailed you some shots of the ESU's skin. would you like shelfs in your compartments?

post-6840-047822500 1287514954.jpg

post-6840-009535600 1287514962.jpg

post-6840-097742200 1287515160_thumb.jpg

In Z Mod

post-6840-050916100 1287519501.jpg

i think for like an directional lights you should just be able to close one lane for so traffic will not back up

just saying it will be cool

i think for like an directional lights you should just be able to close one lane for so traffic will not back up

just saying it will be cool

I had a discussion with Hoppah sometime ago (back with 2.0 was about to come out), and he said it wasn't possible. Now "impossible" doesn't mean it will never happen, as we all once though tillers were impossible. It just means no one around here has figured out how to redirect traffic to another lane. That requires scripting and C++. Theoretically speaking it could probably be accomplished, since emergency vehicles go around civilian cars, but you'd have to re-script the "redirect" command to allow cars to go specific ways when they come upon units redirecting traffic and that might get a little tricky. Coupled with the shear fact that this game can't handle certain things. Their are certain abilities the gaming engine can't be scripted to mimic as such in real life.

PS: I know your new, but next time use the edit button. The mods, and a lot of other people around here frown on double posting. Just want to save you from future headache.

I had a discussion with Hoppah sometime ago (back with 2.0 was about to come out), and he said it wasn't possible. Now "impossible" doesn't mean it will never happen, as we all once though tillers were impossible. It just means no one around here has figured out how to redirect traffic to another lane. That requires scripting and C++. Theoretically speaking it could probably be accomplished, since emergency vehicles go around civilian cars, but you'd have to re-script the "redirect" command to allow cars to go specific ways when they come upon units redirecting traffic and that might get a little tricky. Coupled with the shear fact that this game can't handle certain things. Their are certain abilities the gaming engine can't be scripted to mimic as such in real life.

PS: I know your new, but next time use the edit button. The mods, and a lot of other people around here frown on double posting. Just want to save you from future headache.

That would be cool can't wait for the Mod..looks good bravo..

as far as I understand is this quite a difficult task.....

the civilian cars have a predefined path and within this path there are certain "go/hold" switches and certain "if" switches ... or so called trigger events

for clarity :

- traffic-lights in the predefined path will show red or green ( go/hold )

- another vehicle within that path ( either crossing or standing in its way ) will always trigger "hold" and as soon as the obstacle is gone it will trigger "go"

- any redirecting ( cones, vehicles with directional lights, police officers ) will result in an "one time only" if event ..... if something is showing a new direction the vehicle will select another predefined path

problems :

- none of the above will ever result in an actual lane change rather than "go ahead if possible again" or "select another path if advised"

- as soon as a vehicle is unexpectedly forced to a diagonal "hold" it will result in most cases in a " dead hold " .... I assume this is happening because the vehicle is sitting in between two different predefined path's or the vehicle cant establish that the traffic light did switch again and for some reason thinks that the light shows red ( this happens usually when turning from one road into another and the vehicle gets stopped within this process due to a traffic jam or something like this )

- the biggest problem and in my opinion the only way to get this done is utterly impossible at the same time .... if you would give civilian cars the same ability to go around obstacles like the emergency vehicles you will have a constant crisscrossing as soon as they spot any kind of obstacle.....now you might think o.k that's fine because that is what we wanted but you have to keep in mind that this sort of rerouting around obstacles even with the emergency vehicles sometimes result in very erratic behavior .... so put this now onto the civilian vehicles and the resulting grid lock is nothing like you ever seen before

I might be wrong but as far as I see this I am almost certain that this will not be possible ....

i just cant wait this mod is gonna be so sweet.

ya i know right its gonna be awesome and it might get even better cant wait for the release

EDIT:and i think if im not correct im gonna be one of the people who make it so ill make sure ill make its good

Edited by griffy

what skills do you have?

textures thats what ill be doing b2 said me and dyson will work as a team

EDIT: why is the topic so quiet since dyson went on vacation its scary type people type

Edited by griffy