Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Nice video guys.

Quick question though, that ladder looks a little European, is that the final ladder for the mod?

They're taking suggestions in the Stillwater topic I believe. I think it's just something they threw together really quick though, not the final truck.

And now I'm excited for the Manhattan Mod! I was playing it a few days ago and forgot about how cool it was. Something that caught my eye about v3 was the fact that I'll be able to park other trucks in the stations for station coverage. I wanted to do that when I was playing, but it wouldn't work haha. So I'm looking forward to the new version!

The script to redirect traffic from ers berlin is really a nice idea for this mod :)

I think they never added that because then traffic would be one giant clusterf*** of cars trying to get past eachother while driving the wrong way on a four lane street.

The script to redirect traffic from ers berlin is really a nice idea for this mod :)

That would indeed be nice. That way you can direct traffic past an incident without a big jam up to where vehicles spawn.

Will you be using the script from the Stillwater mod where you can open one door at a time? For example, if engine 54 is going out on a medical you don't have to open B9's garage door.

Yes but remember the difference in number of stations between stillwater and v3. Scripting each gate to its own command would be beyond tedious.

Something we've tried to replicate. I've managed to get the vehicles to move to each point I specify but then re-connecting to their original path is beyond my current scripting ability.

We have however just managed to make it so that equipment disappears on the rigs when you get it. For example spineboards, hi rise packs, extinguishers and stretchers will disappear when they're being used and then re-appear as you leave the scene.

x

Yes but remember the difference in number of stations between stillwater and v3. Scripting each gate to its own command would be beyond tedious.

Something we've tried to replicate. I've managed to get the vehicles to move to each point I specify but then re-connecting to their original path is beyond my current scripting ability.

We have however just managed to make it so that equipment disappears on the rigs when you get it. For example spineboards, hi rise packs, extinguishers and stretchers will disappear when they're being used and then re-appear as you leave the scene.

x

Nice!!!

x

wow awesome would it be possible for you to have to put stuff back in the trucks ect bit like the cones ? ;) ( instead of just dropping stuff)

wow awesome would it be possible for you to have to put stuff back in the trucks ect bit like the cones ? ;) ( instead of just dropping stuff)

I've dabbled trying to achieve this but so far no luck. My main attempt at the moment is a script that will see people move into positions to block traffic and peds before entering or leaving the station. Run into some syntax errors so I'm gonna have to start afresh with that. But there's definitely some new scripts included, some our own like the hose connection script. Some borrowed with credit like Copenhagen's Spineboard script or Queensland's taser script.

We're just hoping to make v3 as dynamic as possible

x

I've dabbled trying to achieve this but so far no luck. My main attempt at the moment is a script that will see people move into positions to block traffic and peds before entering or leaving the station. Run into some syntax errors so I'm gonna have to start afresh with that. But there's definitely some new scripts included, some our own like the hose connection script. Some borrowed with credit like Copenhagen's Spineboard script or Queensland's taser script.

x

With you on board it definitely will ;):)

x

Sounds awesome! Can't wait!

can someone tell me what kind of video card is needed to correctly run the free play? like many befor me some of us need to upgrade to play it

Any card will run the mod except intel.

Update:

Some script tech demos.

1. Roll Out script for blocking people and cars. Still work in progress, hoping to automate all 3 commands into one command.

2. Hydrant Hook Up/High Rise packs removed from Rig when getting hoses.

Feedback always welcomed.

Both scripts written by Myself

x

Does the hydrant hook up have any use or is it just to make it look more realistic?

E34P

Whilst trialing this script, I was in talks with Hoppah, we were discussing the possibility of limited water and how it was achievable. We came to the conclusion it probably is, but we'd spend eternity trying to figure out a plausible system. Therefore in the mod (for now) its purely aesthetic.

Hope this answered your question

x