Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

@

CFDDIVE11

Thank you.=)

I'm not sure if this a bug or if graphics related but when I tried to park a battelion, the game froze, when I ctrl alt delete out of it there was a script error message saying that the parking was not valid.And the game crashed.I know the crashes are usually caused by Intel Graphics Card.

Is there a way to take the vehicles from V2 and overwrite the V1 vehicles? so say, I could have the new B9 GMC instead of the old Ford.

Should be able to add the model and texture files, and change the model the B9 prototype uses. You'd also have to copy over the lights, doors, and wheels from the V2 prototype.

We started a project to update v1 but it was only ever taken to beta stage.

If you get a script error its likely a bug, we try our best to make everything park fine but somethings are just down to human (well my) error haha.

x

Hey Dyson or someone on the developement team...please tell me you guys put the lights on the installed tower ladders? That was one of my biggest pet peeves of 2.0.3. I have been silently watching the developement of the mod on this thread and this is my only question for you guys.

Can't wait until August 14th!

Did I miss something? If thats the release date then I'm bummed because that gameplay looked fantastic.

On another note. I played the mod today after I hadn't touched it in a while and I notice the vehicle lighting bogs down my computer's performance. The lights look fantastic but my computer is pretty mid grade and only on this mod do I get some sloppy framerates. Any suggestions?

Did I miss something? If thats the release date then I'm bummed because that gameplay looked fantastic.

On another note. I played the mod today after I hadn't touched it in a while and I notice the vehicle lighting bogs down my computer's performance. The lights look fantastic but my computer is pretty mid grade and only on this mod do I get some sloppy framerates. Any suggestions?

yea thats the release date for both of them ;)

Awww damn...well I guess in when I get back in November they will be on 3.5 or something haha

I dont know but the the new maps will be out hopefully ;) lol

Yep, They announced it on their Facebook page this afternoon. Keep in mind that is the predicted release date that they think they will meet.

Guys great video and work you have done. Fire unit lights look awesome, command dispatch roll play for players too. If I could make a small suggestion with the Police end of it. M/VA with injuries and a fatality you could maybe work in a script for P/S= Patrol Supervisor. Patrol units arrive on scene indicate it is bad m/va notify Patrol supervisor to the location. P/S in turn will notify detectives and crime scene and that go's for any murder and accidental death etc. Then the area would be shout down for crime scene investigation.

Also look at the Berlin 2 script for the redirect traffic, if u could make that script work in your mode that would a eliminate some of the traffic congestion.

other that wow great work guys.

Guys great video and work you have done. Fire unit lights look awesome, command dispatch roll play for players too. If I could make a small suggestion with the Police end of it. M/VA with injuries and a fatality you could maybe work in a script for P/S= Patrol Supervisor. Patrol units arrive on scene indicate it is bad m/va notify Patrol supervisor to the location. P/S in turn will notify detectives and crime scene and that go's for any murder and accidental death etc. Then the area would be shout down for crime scene investigation.

Also look at the Berlin 2 script for the redirect traffic, if u could make that script work in your mode that would a eliminate some of the traffic congestion.

other that wow great work guys.

Personally I play singleplayer with detectives involved with every fatality, however closing 7th ave for a MVA fatality is crazzzzzzy! haha

x

Yeah I see what your saying for the game aspect. In Most case two lanes of traffic would be open for traffic and rest would be redirect around the incident. P/S would make full notes. Accident reconstruction team would be called in. It is a lot for one call but that how it go's down in most cases lol!

No. The extracted .exe won't launch. The little circle thing that shows it's loading comes up but nothing actually comes up.

Hey man, used to have this issue but its quite easily fixed if you do infact have the same problem. Because the files so large when the PC scans it for viruses etc (this is automatically done by windows with UAC [user account control]) it takes a LONG time. To get rid of this and hopefully fix the crash do the following, for windows 7:

1) Type in the start menu search bar for UAC.

2) Select 'Change User Account Control Settings'

3) Move the slider down to the very bottom. This has disabled UAC so it will not scan the .exe file.

4) Install as normal, hopefully this will work.

5) OPTIONAL: Reinstate UAC by moving the slider back up, this protects your PC So would reccomend this.

If you dont have W7 then just google disabling UAC. There should be a tutorial. Hope this helps mate!

ThePoliceGuy

Hey man, used to have this issue but its quite easily fixed if you do infact have the same problem. Because the files so large when the PC scans it for viruses etc (this is automatically done by windows with UAC [user account control]) it takes a LONG time. To get rid of this and hopefully fix the crash do the following, for windows 7:

1) Type in the start menu search bar for UAC.

2) Select 'Change User Account Control Settings'

3) Move the slider down to the very bottom. This has disabled UAC so it will not scan the .exe file.

4) Install as normal, hopefully this will work.

5) OPTIONAL: Reinstate UAC by moving the slider back up, this protects your PC So would reccomend this.

If you dont have W7 then just google disabling UAC. There should be a tutorial. Hope this helps mate!

ThePoliceGuy

Thanks a lot! I do have W7, and i'm installing Manhattan Mod right now :)!