Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Hey, When I download the Manhattan Mod 2.0.0 It says I need 1.0.0 to play. Do I? If so, PM me or reply to this comment.

No v1 is not required, that README was left in from a previous beta version by accident.

What freezes as gunswat said, when you select the mod in the menu? It takes a while to load just give it time

x

The Mod. I try and load it under the Modifications and it just sits there. Does it take LONG to load?

Yes it does dont touch it until its done loading (freeplay 2)

No, I have an Radeon ATI 4200 Series. Yeah I know i need to update it. But any suggestions?

turn your graphics settings down before loading freeplay, then turn them back up again once in game ;)

Try that!

Related to the posts about the system requirements, I have an important suggestion to make. You might be able to really increase performance and downside the entire mod by taking a look at your textures and converting them to a format which takes up less space. I noticed you are using .bmp files, and unfortunately they take up a lot of space. Converting them to a different format such as .png, .tga or .jpg might be clever. (.dds works too, but applies too much compression imo).

It might be worth to look into this. I did a small experiment and found out that .png files are generally twice as small as .bmp files with basically no quality difference. If you manage to downsize the mod, it might create a significant performance boost as well as decrease loading times which are -unfortunately- pretty bad right now. On top of all, you will attract a hell of a lot more players if the mod runs better on older computers including mine.

I was just going throught the thread and saw this. Could this possibly help with the Intel graphics card crashing problem or just loading time? Thank you!

Guest e34p

Does anyone have a copy of version one I could get? I'm desperate for it now that I have a computer that the mod works on!