Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

A cool new feature we've added,

All buildings within the Reach of an 100 Foot Aerial Ladder now will have a walkable roof accessed by the Rear Mounts or Tower Ladders. On the roof there are several new things you can do.

•Venting certain parts of the roof will reveal smoke from the roof

•This brings back suicide jumpers from many more buildings

•It is necessary to perform venting actions on some buildings before the fire can be extinguished

This is just another one of the great features we will include In Version 3. We will bring screens a videos of this new feature in operation in the coming days.

A cool new feature we've added,

All buildings within the Reach of an 100 Foot Aerial Ladder now will have a walkable roof accessed by the Rear Mounts or Tower Ladders. On the roof there are several new things you can do.

•Venting certain parts of the roof will reveal smoke from the roof

•This brings back suicide jumpers from many more buildings

•It is necessary to perform venting actions on some buildings before the fire can be extinguished

This is just another one of the great features we will include In Version 3. We will bring screens a videos of this new feature in operation in the coming days.

No way, thats awesome! You guys have some serious talent and I know I appreciate it. I would never be able to pull off half of this stuff.

I'm very impressed by the advancements you guys have made from the start and am very excited to see the new version coming together.

You have to click on of the black commands on the bottom

finally someone with the exact same problem! klicking those icons doesn't work too of course!

i downloaded all the new drivers and codecs for XP i could get but it still doesn't work!

i also discovered that the new soundfiles for the sirens got other specs than the original ones (they are stereo, other bitrate(?), etc.)

finally someone with the exact same problem! klicking those icons doesn't work too of course!

i downloaded all the new drivers and codecs for XP i could get but it still doesn't work!

i also discovered that the new soundfiles for the sirens got other specs than the original ones (they are stereo, other bitrate(?), etc.)

The issue is universal at some points. Its a really annoying one, if the bit rate is too high many cant run but the export setting for my sounds are 32000hz Mono I think if I remember correctly. I can only think of updating drivers, audio programs and not sure what else. Any suggestions?

Related to the posts about the system requirements, I have an important suggestion to make. You might be able to really increase performance and downside the entire mod by taking a look at your textures and converting them to a format which takes up less space. I noticed you are using .bmp files, and unfortunately they take up a lot of space. Converting them to a different format such as .png, .tga or .jpg might be clever. (.dds works too, but applies too much compression imo).

It might be worth to look into this. I did a small experiment and found out that .png files are generally twice as small as .bmp files with basically no quality difference. If you manage to downsize the mod, it might create a significant performance boost as well as decrease loading times which are -unfortunately- pretty bad right now. On top of all, you will attract a hell of a lot more players if the mod runs better on older computers including mine.

Related to the posts about the system requirements, I have an important suggestion to make. You might be able to really increase performance and downside the entire mod by taking a look at your textures and converting them to a format which takes up less space. I noticed you are using .bmp files, and unfortunately they take up a lot of space. Converting them to a different format such as .png, .tga or .jpg might be clever. (.dds works too, but applies too much compression imo).

It might be worth to look into this. I did a small experiment and found out that .png files are generally twice as small as .bmp files with basically no quality difference. If you manage to downsize the mod, it might create a significant performance boost as well as decrease loading times which are -unfortunately- pretty bad right now. On top of all, you will attract a hell of a lot more players if the mod runs better on older computers including mine.

I've come to realize that. But is there anyway to not have to go back and re assign the converted textures because that would mean converting 100+ files and reassigning them to the model :(.

BUT, if it helps all the issues the mod is having, were going to split the work up and do it. Hopefully this helps everyone crashing!

And Sven, Ill see what I can do with out making the audio sound like sh*t

That does make a lot of sense. I didn't realise that jpeg files where being used. That could very well be the solution to the problem.

That does make a lot of sense. I didn't realise that jpeg files where being used. That could very well be the solution to the problem.

Am I right in thinking you reassign textures in the editor?

Load times are a serious issue, though only once a session, thankfully. If it cuts down on the size of the mod itself, even better.

The bigger issue (for me, at least) is the heavy lighting on some of the vehicles. I'd like to hope for a balance between aesthetics and performance, but I don't want folks to compromise the quality of their work if they feel they shouldn't.

thanks raf, i'll count on you ;)

i basically can play the soundfiles with media player etc but they don't work in em4, so i know what i'm missing :P

on the textures...

i think e34p is right, at least that's what i always did when i decided to change my textures to PNG.

re-save the texture files as PNG (or whatever with small file size), open the (unlocked) model files with the windows editor and just change the file extensions of the model-related textures in there.

could save you a lot of time and you won't have to reassign all the textures in zmod if i remember it right.

greetz

Just started working on converting every texture to .jpg and it might take a few hours of work but I got a feeling its gonna be worth it :). Did a size check and found out that jpg might in some cases cut the size almost 50%. So right now me and Rafael are working on that. Hoping to finish sometime this weekend and se some good results.