Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Now that's one of the coolest things I've ever seen in EM4. It looks very very impressive. Looks like you still need to work on the pathfinding a little bit, but other than that it looks and feels very realistic. I don't think you can get any closer to a real NYC feeling than this and seems like you all got it to work. The stations look great and realistic too. The video itself is well made, you were sometimes a little hard to understand and the other voice scared the sh*t out of me when he suddenly started talking. :xmas: Got a real kick out of the battalion chief ride though. I'd like to see some more of the NYPD soon.

Thanks for the comment! We will be posting our MERU NYPD Training video tonight which will be another 10 minutes of footage! Ill be sure to it the audio issue. Glad you like it!

So I cannot join MERU. Dutch people are not welcome. :1046276372_bawling:

Clear video though. Maybe I'll just visit your channel as an 'annoying foreign tourist' soon. :xmas:

Your welcome any time!!! The rule is must speak understandable English lol I don't know why Jose is so racist that he put only American speaking countries. We have Germans Norwegians and Portuguese members etc stop by whenever :)

My laptop recently packed in so I'm going to go for a full refurb on it, what are the system requirements to have this mod working? I think a while ago there was mention that it didn't work on intel

My laptop recently packed in so I'm going to go for a full refurb on it, what are the system requirements to have this mod working? I think a while ago there was mention that it didn't work on intel

Best specs would be at least 8gb of ram a nice nvidia graphics card with at least a gb of VRAM and a nice fast SSD OR HD. I have 4gb VRAM and 16gb of ram

Great videos. Looking forward to version 3. I have a few suggestions of some minor changes that I would like to see in this version. First, would it be possible to start the game with all of the apparatus in station? It's kinda a PIA having to staff all of the stations at the beginning of each game. Also, could you add an ems bag to every unit? I believe that every engine and truck carries at least a bls bag. Is it at all possible to change the ratio of ems calls to real fires? It gets very boring playing for 2 hours and doing nothing but tending to injured people and heart attacks. I would like mostly fires. Also big, challenging fires where I have to use lots of apparatus. I'm a deck gun and tower ladder guy for most building fires. Older versions had decent fire spread. The latest version lacked that. I would like to see that return. Also, I would like the ability to interchange Rescue 1 and Squad 18 in their quarters. If my city is really burning, I like the squad because it has water and hoses. Again, in the latest version they saw limited use because I gave my ladder trucks a saw and a set of jaws. But if my city was really roastin, they would see more action. Anyway, great work. Looking forward to playing it.

Great videos. Looking forward to version 3. I have a few suggestions of some minor changes that I would like to see in this version. First, would it be possible to start the game with all of the apparatus in station? It's kinda a PIA having to staff all of the stations at the beginning of each game. Also, could you add an ems bag to every unit? I believe that every engine and truck carries at least a bls bag. Is it at all possible to change the ratio of ems calls to real fires? It gets very boring playing for 2 hours and doing nothing but tending to injured people and heart attacks. I would like mostly fires. Also big, challenging fires where I have to use lots of apparatus. I'm a deck gun and tower ladder guy for most building fires. Older versions had decent fire spread. The latest version lacked that. I would like to see that return. Also, I would like the ability to interchange Rescue 1 and Squad 18 in their quarters. If my city is really burning, I like the squad because it has water and hoses. Again, in the latest version they saw limited use because I gave my ladder trucks a saw and a set of jaws. But if my city was really roastin, they would see more action. Anyway, great work. Looking forward to playing it.

Regarding your suggestions (all taken on board)

Here's our reply to each -

1. Fire apparatus on start up- the Firestation commands are one of the most complex, I managed to get midtown and Hells Kitchen to start up pre-start, but it affected other things with 65. In short, it's beyond my skill set to fully script 4 working firehouses, so yeah you're gonna need to manual fill in all versions.

2. EMS bag, that was something we had been told, they were available to pick up from each firehouse prior to going on an EMS run, but now every Engine Co has an EMS bag on board.

3. The ratio of fire to EMS has been tweaked, but Em4 still prefers to dish out the EMS runs over fires, which I suppose is more realistic but yeah I agree it is annoying.

4. The fire system implemented is more as a precaution. In v2 only one maybe 2 buildings would burn per fire. Now let me explain, not only is this more realistic as it's rare to see a 4th alarm in the middle of the city engulfing like a full block (which em4 would). But also, Em4's engine works of maps with large space between buildings, so the chance of catching fire is low-medium. However because in the style of NYC there's 9x the buildings and all closer together, they're all actively part of the "fire-chain" which would see one building burn and systematically set the entire map alight within say getting units set up to battle the blaze. So again in short, I'm afraid it's gotta stay like that or the game wont be playable.

5. Interchanging squad, well we work of realistic principle, all the units on map are as close as possible to their real location. So Rescue 1 makes it onto the map, but S18 is miles further off map. So no, that wont be implemented for other reasons to do with MP too, but yeah.

I hope this explained a lot.

I feel I've seemed to kinda just divert your feedback rather than actually actively implement it, for which I appologize, but as I said most of what you've pointed out has either been done or isn't possible :P

Thanks anyway, stuff like that is always appreciated from members!

Dyson

x

p.s. my current status regarding the mod - I can no longer work on the mod as my laptop cannot run the mod anymore. I too find this worrying as my specs are in the mid to high end. However Raf wants to finish the version and release it to anyone with good specs, so think of this as like a GTA IV style project, if you don't have a real good pc (8gb of RAM and a good Graphics setup) then you're just not going to be able to play.

You may think well why work on something that most people cant play, well to be fair, we've put months of work into this, almost a year. I'm still concepting a low quality version, but strapped for time with University.

But I can assure you, this map in v3 is the best we will ever create for realism, so I hope you all the best in being able to play it!

Well, we did it!!! 1001809 views on the topic! Thats ridicoulous!! 1 MILLION VIEWSS :0 :holdglass: I cant say much but here's to 1 Million and I think I see 2 Million on the horizon!

Thanks for the feedback. All the things youve listed we have fixed or atleast attempted. As our knowledge grows on FDNY, NYPD, and EMS Information over the last 3 years we fix that into the next version. Such as now EMS bags can be picked up from any CFRD Engine (Certified First Responder) In which the engine company is emt certified and able to respond to EMS runs quicker than an ambulance would. Same with Herst Tools on the Ladder Trucks. You wont find ems bags on any other rigs besides the Engines, Rac, and Rescue/Squad. The Fires are something we revamped as well. They will be challenging (Last a while) as well as grow in size yet stay relatively in a small area. If you really want a challenge, just wait till you get a gas explosion. Those take down almost an entire block with dozens of people down and sometimes cause a Hazardous Material Leak in which you can bring in the new Haz1mat, Support Truck, and Haztac. We look forward to release.

As for the specs issue, Id say 90% of our beta testers have been able to run it, and during beta testing we are looking for the minimum specs and we will release those.

Ya! One Million viewers is quiet accomplisment. All the time and effort you spent on this, might have paid off. So are you getting a nice compensation from U-tube, to help suppleiment further mod projects?

Haha, yeah Youtube is paying for my groceries at the moment whilst I'm at Uni. Pretty useful, but as for other modding projects that's just down to limited time,got lots of assignments to do so not much free time.

x

Ya! One Million viewers is quiet accomplisment. All the time and effort you spent on this, might have paid off. So are you getting a nice compensation from U-tube, to help suppleiment further mod projects?

I'm making about 200$ a month and only get paid rt the end of every month so I just use that to pay for my taxis to go home or to order pizza

Tuff way to make a living. U would think for one Million vewers u would get a nice gift. Youtube partners will make in the range of $2.5 to $5 per 1000 video views The most popular stars will earn $5 per 1000 views. This can really add up if you have 1 million views per video. Nigahiga for example, will earn $5000 per video they put up. This range can vary depending on number of advertising clicks.

Channel views: A youtube partner will make $.01 per channel view. If a channel has 1,000,000 channel views, the person will make $10,000.

There are many other ways youtube partners make money such as through video ads and sponsors. These are just a few general ways they make money. In order to become a youtube partner, you best have atleast 2000 subscribers, 50,000 channel views, and 1000 views per video. Most of these are rough estimations but are around the correct amount for a youtube partner.

My friends brother makes around 8-10K a month from youtube off numerous channels.

yeah marshal like what info you need it is just ctd after the main menu comes up on my gaming pc which is like high spec but the laptop won't get past the black screen at all which is intel i3 and intel hd graphics that ctd after like 3 to 4 mins with black screen the gaming pc however crashes 3/4 through the load progress when having selected either freeplay fdny/ems campaign or multiplayer any help would be appreciated I was given a torrent link to download have pasted the folder into my programs x86 as was instructed and launched from there but to no avail so far hence I posted the full log and can post specs or whatever else ya all need!