Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Looking good man. Hey thanks for the info about the buildings. Do you know what your settings are now? I have it at 3000, but am not getting any fires. I cant remember what the default setting was....

It doesn't affect the frequency of fires, just the duration :) and 200000 but I like mine to burnnnn haha

x

Taking a look at the Seagrave ladders (personally my fav) in v3, they've been heavily re-worked since v2

x

Not sure why, but when i try to watch the video it says that im not allowed to see in my contry(Denmark).

Any specific reason?

why is part of Times Square got blue swirls in it?

http://www.bustler.net/images/news2/sonhetta_times_square_01.jpg

That's more a question for the mayor. After Broadway was shut and made into a ped zone, artists were challenged with making art to style the area.

We just copy the real world we don't ask questions :)

Not sure why, but when i try to watch the video it says that im not allowed to see in my contry(Denmark).

Any specific reason?

Nope, there's no music or anything, try using a youtube proxy :)

x

Very good work Dyson. Two questions:

Is E65 a single company house or did you just use that for the purpose of the video? I'm not that familiar with FDNY so I thought I'd ask. On V2 there seems to be a lot of driving against the flow of traffic even though the map shows the travel to be in the same direction. Example is the road in front of Batt 10 is a one way going left...west...(??) but every time there is a call they go right/east...does that make any sense? The map shows the traffic flowing the opposit way in some cases. Sorry if this is confusing....but will that be the case again in V3?

C.

Very good work Dyson. Two questions:

Is E65 a single company house or did you just use that for the purpose of the video? I'm not that familiar with FDNY so I thought I'd ask. On V2 there seems to be a lot of driving against the flow of traffic even though the map shows the travel to be in the same direction. Example is the road in front of Batt 10 is a one way going left...west...(??) but every time there is a call they go right/east...does that make any sense? The map shows the traffic flowing the opposit way in some cases. Sorry if this is confusing....but will that be the case again in V3?

C.

It's simply just a bi-product from the use of one way streets and em4's engine. We've tried everything to get round it to no avail. We think the running against the flow of traffic, however unrealistic, is the best compromise for a realistic map. We have made changes to address this issue in v3, we've made all streets running across map (West to East or East to West) which in reality are one way, 2 way roads, that way engines will drive on the same side as traffic going in the same direction. However it's simply not plausible to do the same for avenues such as 7th 8th and 6th (which are the 3 in v3), avenues are distinct in how they look. However again we've given dedicated Fire lanes which allow units to pass through (sometimes against the flow of traffic) and on 7th Ave where there is no dedicated fire lane, we fluctuate which lane is dedicated to fire from intersection to intersection, thus giving the impression that cars travel down all lanes, but allowing units to pass through. However again on 7th this is both directions, so yes there will be some occasions where units head up 7th which is a south bound road.

A very good question and I hope my answer fully covers your query.

Really like the looks of the station!

Thanks! It's one of 3 on map, Rescue 1 (Single Rescue Company House) Engine 65 (Single Engine Company House) and Midtown (Engine/Ladder Company with Battalion too). All are as close to real world as possible, both in location and detail, in around and of the house itself.

x

It's simply just a bi-product from the use of one way streets and em4's engine. We've tried everything to get round it to no avail. We think the running against the flow of traffic, however unrealistic, is the best compromise for a realistic map. We have made changes to address this issue in v3, we've made all streets running across map (West to East or East to West) which in reality are one way, 2 way roads, that way engines will drive on the same side as traffic going in the same direction. However it's simply not plausible to do the same for avenues such as 7th 8th and 6th (which are the 3 in v3), avenues are distinct in how they look. However again we've given dedicated Fire lanes which allow units to pass through (sometimes against the flow of traffic) and on 7th Ave where there is no dedicated fire lane, we fluctuate which lane is dedicated to fire from intersection to intersection, thus giving the impression that cars travel down all lanes, but allowing units to pass through. However again on 7th this is both directions, so yes there will be some occasions where units head up 7th which is a south bound road.

A very good question and I hope my answer fully covers your query.

Thanks! It's one of 3 on map, Rescue 1 (Single Rescue Company House) Engine 65 (Single Engine Company House) and Midtown (Engine/Ladder Company with Battalion too). All are as close to real world as possible, both in location and detail, in around and of the house itself.

x

That makes sense to me. Thanks for the info Dyson.

C.

Alright guys some good old fashioned screenshots.

Today we want to show off to you, Engine 54, which has been re-worked since the previous version, so I believe is a good way of comparing our updating process from v2 to v3.

Also we'd like to show off Bryant park, one of the many areas on map. Again to give an idea of what kind of map we're working towards.

And finally a little gameplay, Engine 65 on scene of an EMS run, Paramedics have now taken the scene.

post-12838-0-05183000-1355871301_thumb.ppost-12838-0-16342600-1355871305_thumb.ppost-12838-0-26333500-1355871309_thumb.p

We're really excited about the way v3 is turning out, so any feedback from the community is very much appreciated.

x

The map is 100% to scale besides the addition of R1 which is in reality just off map, but we stuck it on :)

There's 3 on map stations, Rescue 1, Midtown (E54 L4 B9) and Engine 65.

We're also adding a precinct, but no hospital.

This is more a simulator than a game, giving reduced unit choice and a larger map, more realistic to the actual FDNY response areas though.

This means longer responses and a wider range of responses across midtown rather than just responding a few blocks over as seen in v2.

Hope this answered all your questions.

x