Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

A little something we're working on for v3...

Let us know what you think?

http://www.emergency-planet.com/video/embed?video_id=4807348955498

Awesome, a huge feature missing for people like me who like to play more realistically. Will it have an effect on water flow or is it a visual feature only?

A little something we're working on for v3...

Let us know what you think?

http://www.facebook....d=4807348955498

Is this based of witnerberg mod or something you guys came up with? If later you may want to talk to them. They had this feature in there for a while. They even add water levels

Ok,

Some extremely unfortunate news. Dyson, whom you all know as the lead developer of the Manhattan Mod since Day 1. Well his computer has finally given in and is no longer able to run the mod at v3 state. So he has dropped off the development for the time being and as of now MERU will finish up the version to the best of our ability and will release as a Public Beta. After that we will make all fixes noted in the beta and release a final v3 which will most likely be the last Manhattan Mod for EM4. EM5 is another question. I myself will continue with EM5 but Dyson is having trouble deciding. Anyways, im off to class, till Public beta we dont know but we will release more information about the situation soon. Stay checking back for details and for Public beta we hope to have it out in the next month or two.

-Rafael Fernandez

New Lead Developer

Ok,

Some extremely unfortunate news. Dyson, whom you all know as the lead developer of the Manhattan Mod since Day 1. Well his computer has finally given in and is no longer able to run the mod at v3 state. So he has dropped off the development for the time being and as of now MERU will finish up the version to the best of our ability and will release as a Public Beta. After that we will make all fixes noted in the beta and release a final v3 which will most likely be the last Manhattan Mod for EM4. EM5 is another question. I myself will continue with EM5 but Dyson is having trouble deciding. Anyways, im off to class, till Public beta we dont know but we will release more information about the situation soon. Stay checking back for details and for Public beta we hope to have it out in the next month or two.

-Rafael Fernandez

New Lead Developer

Thanks RAF for the update and pass on my best wishes to Dyson hope he sorts out a new pc soon keep up the great work as always expecting even more great things!

The only downfall for me, regarding this mod, was that it was entirely too easy. There were a few incidents like the gas explosion in the building under construction that really challenged me. But overall, 1 engine could handle almost anything. I played the LA Mod 4x4 version the other day, and found that the fire spread rates in that game were awesome. A bomb would explode, or an arsonist would burn down half my city. Great stuff that really challenged me.

You guys have put a lot of time and effort into this project. If I had to give out suggestions, I would say simplify. Release an edited version of what is current. Bump up the fires in both burn time, frequency, and fire spread. I tried to bump up my building burn time, and it just didn't work. I just am not getting the 20-30 min big burners that I like. And they don't spread. Part of the fun of this game was that you had to get ahead of a fire or an arsonist or whatever. I don't have to do that now. In fact, I rarely have more than 1 fire burning at a time. And they are followed by 20 ems calls....

This is no way meant to criticize you guys. You've done a great job. Just that fixing these things may bring guys like me back into the everyday fold.

The only downfall for me, regarding this mod, was that it was entirely too easy. There were a few incidents like the gas explosion in the building under construction that really challenged me. But overall, 1 engine could handle almost anything. I played the LA Mod 4x4 version the other day, and found that the fire spread rates in that game were awesome. A bomb would explode, or an arsonist would burn down half my city. Great stuff that really challenged me.

You guys have put a lot of time and effort into this project. If I had to give out suggestions, I would say simplify. Release an edited version of what is current. Bump up the fires in both burn time, frequency, and fire spread. I tried to bump up my building burn time, and it just didn't work. I just am not getting the 20-30 min big burners that I like. And they don't spread. Part of the fun of this game was that you had to get ahead of a fire or an arsonist or whatever. I don't have to do that now. In fact, I rarely have more than 1 fire burning at a time. And they are followed by 20 ems calls....

This is no way meant to criticize you guys. You've done a great job. Just that fixing these things may bring guys like me back into the everyday fold.

Thanks for the feedback, it's hard to gage what people want in terms of gameplay. I just went for what felt the most reflective of NYC, so few fires mainly EMS runs. The fires going out so quick was a mistake, I judged wrong the burn duration, we did fix this for the MERU players but did not release publicly.

One thing I've always preferred about the gameplay in this mod to most others was the fure control. Yes there are a lot of little things other mods do a lot better, but I think we cracked the fire spreading. In reality very rarely would a whole block engulf in flames within 20 seconds like em4's engine would have. Especially in NYC the entire map's buildings are all within range that one fire could burn the entire place down and this would happen before we changed it.

Hope this justifies and explains gameplay decisions made by the team.

x

Good to know the lame fires were unintentional and have been fixed. That's the only reason I never really play v2. 5-6 EMS runs in a row, maybe a person run amok. Simple, easy stuff. Then a fire comes, I see it's a high rise burning something fierce and I'm all excited and send the cavalry only to have the first engine's deck gun put it out before the guys are even out of the vehicle. :WTF: < Me, afterwards.

Anyway, v3 looks very good. My only suggestion would be to put the automatic sirens back in. It's cool to be able to choose the audio manually, but when things are hectic it's also nice to be able to just send them off and the lights and sirens take care of themselves. Small complaint. Take the fact that it's about the only one I can come up with as evidence of how good of a job you guys have done. :)

Good to know the lame fires were unintentional and have been fixed. That's the only reason I never really play v2. 5-6 EMS runs in a row, maybe a person run amok. Simple, easy stuff. Then a fire comes, I see it's a high rise burning something fierce and I'm all excited and send the cavalry only to have the first engine's deck gun put it out before the guys are even out of the vehicle. :WTF: < Me, afterwards.

Anyway, v3 looks very good. My only suggestion would be to put the automatic sirens back in. It's cool to be able to choose the audio manually, but when things are hectic it's also nice to be able to just send them off and the lights and sirens take care of themselves. Small complaint. Take the fact that it's about the only one I can come up with as evidence of how good of a job you guys have done. :)

You could always turn off the deck guns ;)

Yeah, you an always edit them yourself under /specs/materials - all the fire objects are linked to the airport escalator material for convenience.

As for auto sirens, I'm affraid thats not something we'll be adding back in, a lot of staging for stuff or attempting to park happens in v3 especially on side streets near a 10-75 so constant manoeuvring would see sirens going a bit weird. Plus the auto sirens do not work with our current siren setups unfortunately.

Thanks for the feedback man. I urged Dyson to not release with those short fires but he insisted they were preferred. If you want the MERU patch that bumps up fires from 5 seconds to sometimes up to 15 minutes ill be posting it on here and the Facebook page today when I get home!