Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Okay I have bitten my tongue long enough. You guys are toying with us (in my personal opinion) a week ago you post that the mod may be releast in a week to a few days. Then you seem to have come out with this poster thing. And now you want 400 likes on Facebook so that way you can "announce" when the week you guys are going to release the mod will be (subject to change of course)

So when does it actually stop, because I believe and I will have to do some reasearch here but it can almost probably be labeled as emotional abuse.

You guys get everyone hype up that its about to come out and then it is a let down because you guys have lives. And I am not blaming you for having one.

It is just starting to get really frustrating as a gamer to being let down all the time.

End rant.

(Not trying to be mean but) I agree to

Okay I have bitten my tongue long enough. You guys are toying with us (in my personal opinion) a week ago you post that the mod may be releast in a week to a few days. Then you seem to have come out with this poster thing. And now you want 400 likes on Facebook so that way you can "announce" when the week you guys are going to release the mod will be (subject to change of course)

So when does it actually stop, because I believe and I will have to do some reasearch here but it can almost probably be labeled as emotional abuse.

You guys get everyone hype up that its about to come out and then it is a let down because you guys have lives. And I am not blaming you for having one.

It is just starting to get really frustrating as a gamer to being let down all the time.

End rant.

1+

I don't think people will like a facebook page when you begging for likes.

No it's not sad, he makes a good point. He just made public what I know I've been rehearsing in my head, as well as im sure others, for the last couple weeks. Yeah there is more to life than this mod, but let's face it, this is highly anticipated by em4 fans much as any high profile game would be on the market. There are a lot of unprecedented aspects to the mod not to mention that its FDNY to begin with that have people revved up. I have as much respect for the creators of this mod as anyone. I envy them for being inclined and able to do such work and to offer it to all of us for virtually nothing. I also understand that people have lives, which is why the postponement of release in december didn't bother me. But here we are almost 5 months later and the "fans" are hearing once again that the mod will be released "like tomorrow" and now we're engaging in drawing competitions and seeing how much attention we can draw to Facebook. I don't know about everyone else but I just want to play the game and meet back here to discuss how amazing it is. The problem im having, and clearly I'm not alone, is that emotionally I'm tapped out and the anticipation factor is slowly turning into a frustration factor. The release almost seems to be contingent upon something new each day and Instead of checking the forum with anticipation and excitement each day, I find that it's moreso to discover the next hoop everybody has to jump through. Not being disrespectful, just couldn't bite my tongue any longer either.

The comp finishes soon anyway and if your anoyed at the Facebook thing everyone one this forum just go like it its just one of these metaphor things but I'm behind dyson on this if him and the team need the time to make this awesome then they should get the time the deserve

Guys, normally I get ticked off at the rants you guys come up with but this is how I would feel to. So listen please and listen well. Most of this is my mistake. In December we were ready and we were going to release but then we pulled out a whole new amount of things that was going to be the best stuff in the mod. If you look at our old models and crappy sirens and shit you'll realize weve come a long way. I'm sorry I really am but it will all pay off I swear. We are literally 99% done all we need to do is perfect everything. Since I go to a military school and it's boarding you have to understand I can only work on the weekends. Spring break for me starts Friday and listen Guys. I swear my heart on this. WE WILL HAVE THE MOD OUT BY APRIL 9th so it will be out by then maybe before but no after. Even If we release with bugs or things that aren't functional or complete it's not our fault. We couldn't bug test for another year. It's up to you guys. We will probably release bug fixing patches every month but it's all wrapping up. Forgive us. 2 of our lighters ditched us so you have to understand we've got a lot of stress and frustration cause what they abandoned we have to do. The things on Facebook like the competition those aren't torture those are the things I set up the times that I'm at school to let you guys know it's close. Hang in there and hang on tight. IT'S COMING EASTER 2012 !

The Manhattan Mod Team x

Guys, normally I get ticked off at the rants you guys come up with but this is how I would feel to. So listen please and listen well. Most of this is my mistake. In December we were ready and we were going to release but then we pulled out a whole new amount of things that was going to be the best stuff in the mod. If you look at our old models and crappy sirens and shit you'll realize weve come a long way. I'm sorry I really am but it will all pay off I swear. We are literally 99% done all we need to do is perfect everything. Since I go to a military school and it's boarding you have to understand I can only work on the weekends. Spring break for me starts Friday and listen Guys. I swear my heart on this. WE WILL HAVE THE MOD OUT BY APRIL 9th so it will be out by then maybe before but no after. Even If we release with bugs or things that aren't functional or complete it's not our fault. We couldn't bug test for another year. It's up to you guys. We will probably release bug fixing patches every month but it's all wrapping up. Forgive us. 2 of our lighters ditched us so you have to understand we've got a lot of stress and frustration cause what they abandoned we have to do. The things on Facebook like the competition those aren't torture those are the things I set up the times that I'm at school to let you guys know it's close. Hang in there and hang on tight. IT'S COMING EASTER 2012 !

The Manhattan Mod Team x

Hopefully you're right or another round of anger/dissapointment will be going around. I personally don't care when it releases as I don't live on this site and check everyday for updates so I don't get letdown or amped up for nothing. I find it's much easier to check once in a while just to stay informed and not get obsessed.

But at the same time, in my opinion there comes a point where you have to decide to release something to your audience and patch it later, otherwise you could spend an eternity nit-picking and fixing these little things that 90% of your players wont notice or care about in the grand scheme. Buts thats just my opinion.

is this guy even part of the mod team? i have never seen his name before

If you mean if I'm part of the building the mod,no. If you mean if I'm in their clan, yes. For various reasons those who got invited to test out the game will not be able to release information's regarding the game. Meaning that we're not able to tell you guys what's going on. And that obviously includes me.

is this guy even part of the mod team? i have never seen his name before

My name was something else before but I had to create another one because i forgot that acc.

The Manhattan Mod Team x

don't let them get to you i know they get annoyed. but i think you should do what you want if you want ot take your time go for it either way i support you 100% from what i seen this will be the best mod in the history of em4 mods & im looking foward to release & easter 2012 sounds great but unlike some of these people if something happens that changes this date i will understand & wait cause in my opinion all the people whining are be childish let them do there jobs you you whiners need to be more adult & be patient thats just how i feel about it

keep up the good work manhattan mod team your doing great & im looking foward to playing

The Manhattan Mod Team x

That's great news ! :sporty:

The Manhattan Mod Team x

I dont mind that fact that you are doing little things to get us fans excited i know that shit happens in life that we cant control but what really irks me is when people set a release date and dont stand by it. You have done it now twice and have not followed through so please do not do it again unless you are 99.9% sure that you will release the mod on april 9th or before. It is very dissappointing to us fans when we have waited a very long time for this mod to come out . This mod is what keeps this game alive i belive and i wouldnt even play emergency 4 if it werent for the future release of this mod. I dont care if you say its gonna be another month or weeks if you cant say for sure when the mod will be out then dont set it in stone. Thank you for all your hard work !

Wow, kinda disappointed how quickly people turn their back on us. Apparently it's too much to ask for you to be a little understanding. Do you not think we would know what is best for the mod? And the whole stuff about not releasing, it's not as simple as just sticking it all on the internet, we've been tirelessly testing tweaking and fighting hard with stuff we thought we'd never be able to fix, all essentially for the guys that follow the mod, whether it be on our official site, here or on facebook. We created these multiple platforms so we would not flood just one, people have been posting around 5/6 messages a day on the facebook group, posts that would have sent this topic well into it's 300s and I'm already nervous that a mod will come along and cut it down to 50 like happened before.

The whole competitions and week of awesome, don't like them fine. We thought we'd just use them as diversions to keep the Mod seemingly active and thriving in the weeks we've been struggling with Em4, teamspeak and host related issues. The youtube channel, again I thought it'd be nice to show you all how we play, because I guarantee you will all moan as soon as it comes out about the levels of traffic, an issue we have got around as a BETA team so thought we'd share it.

But whatever we'll do it your way then, release will be within the next few weeks. Expect no 'toying' we'll just wait, release, move on.

But yeah apparently we can't please you all. Sorry, I guess.

Dyson

Wow, kinda disappointed how quickly people turn their back on us. Apparently it's too much to ask for you to be a little understanding. Do you not think we would know what is best for the mod? And the whole stuff about not releasing, it's not as simple as just sticking it all on the internet, we've been tirelessly testing tweaking and fighting hard with stuff we thought we'd never be able to fix, all essentially for the guys that follow the mod, whether it be on our official site, here or on facebook. We created these multiple platforms so we would not flood just one, people have been posting around 5/6 messages a day on the facebook group, posts that would have sent this topic well into it's 300s and I'm already nervous that a mod will come along and cut it down to 50 like happened before.

The whole competitions and week of awesome, don't like them fine. We thought we'd just use them as diversions to keep the Mod seemingly active and thriving in the weeks we've been struggling with Em4, teamspeak and host related issues. The youtube channel, again I thought it'd be nice to show you all how we play, because I guarantee you will all moan as soon as it comes out about the levels of traffic, an issue we have got around as a BETA team so thought we'd share it.

But whatever we'll do it your way then, release will be within the next few weeks. Expect no 'toying' we'll just wait, release, move on.

But yeah apparently we can't please you all. Sorry, I guess.

Dyson

Do you know what if people did this to me I would just decided HELL NO I aint releasing it

Do you know what if people did this to me I would just decided HELL NO I aint releasing it

Yeah, buth if you do that, then you have made a mod just for you.

And in life you will always have people that will criticising you.