Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Just out of curiosity, have you added in the east side something like the Stuivesant Town, that type of residential zones that are next to the E. River?

The map doesn't feature coastline but yeah there is a little bit of area in upper east of the map you may see that looks similar :)

Stop giving members a hard time for wanting a release date, this thread first came in August 2010. It's your very own choice to go public with your development, so for the grace of her majesty suck it up or stop doing everything in public.

It's like telling hungry people you're making them food, yet you only show them pictures of the food you're making and when they ask for when it's done you slap their fingers. That is not right in my opinion.

Agreed. Either release the thing, give us a release date or just don't say anything until you release it. I'm losing faith in this. People will stop caring about updates if the mod is never released.

-_- when people fail to check, your own ignorance is your downfall.. we released a rough release ETA. And lose faith? Go for it, a little less pressure would be nice, I know darn well I've invited pressure doing such a popular city, but screw it, I love NYC, FDNY and NYPD. So yeah..

And low and behold another impatient 12 year old, grow up and learn to wait. This isn't a 'we're not releasing' this is a we're releasing soon, once it's finished, here's some screens of what we're working on..

Agreed. Either release the thing, give us a release date or just don't say anything until you release it. I'm losing faith in this. People will stop caring about updates if the mod is never released.

Why don't you go on and make a mod thats got new buildings, new maps, stations, scripts. They've gave you an ETA, Do you want a laggy mod full of bugs and cutting out? If you can't wait go and do something else with your time than sitting at your PC screen and waiting for it to release. It will release when it releases. If they don't say stuff you won't know what to expect. Give them time, Otherwise shut your mouth and let them do what they enjoy, If you think your better make your own Manhattan Mod, Go on, Let's see you try.

I know darn well I've invited pressure doing such a popular city,

im completely for this mod, i love it, and i dont agree with the people saying about the updates and losing faith, because im not. the longer i wait i know the better its going to be, but however im going to have to disagree with what you've said, i think you've invited a huge amount of pressure by saying it was going to be released by christmas, then by new year, then a few weeks later, it's been nearly 3 months since then. i have no idea why you would even consider it being released by then, i know you can't forsee any problems you have, but the simple rule of making a release date is to accomodate the factors that there will be problems, where no matter what you're making, be it designing a car or a game, there WILL always be problems, you should especially know dyson as you've already released mods, you have experience.

don't take it the wrong way, i love what youre doing and im not saying i could do it, im not talented enough. i agree with certain points of both sides of the arguments.

good luck with the mod, i will be overlooking every day as i have been for nearly 5 months, and can't wait for the release (even though i hide it better than some *cough* dominik *cough*)

Cheers, good luck to all of the team,

Tom.

im completely for this mod, i love it, and i dont agree with the people saying about the updates and losing faith, because im not. the longer i wait i know the better its going to be, but however im going to have to disagree with what you've said, i think you've invited a huge amount of pressure by saying it was going to be released by christmas, then by new year, then a few weeks later, it's been nearly 3 months since then. i have no idea why you would even consider it being released by then, i know you can't forsee any problems you have, but the simple rule of making a release date is to accomodate the factors that there will be problems, where no matter what you're making, be it designing a car or a game, there WILL always be problems, you should especially know dyson as you've already released mods, you have experience.

don't take it the wrong way, i love what youre doing and im not saying i could do it, im not talented enough. i agree with certain points of both sides of the arguments.

good luck with the mod, i will be overlooking every day as i have been for nearly 5 months, and can't wait for the release (even though i hide it better than some *cough* dominik *cough*)

Cheers, good luck to all of the team,

Tom.

Understandable, I felt I had to apologize for the release date mixup. The honest behind the scenes answer is: we were ready to release. Then I said, wait what if we tweak this, and adjust this. A few weeks later we were half way through renovating the map and completely new Seagrave rigs. But yeah, this time it's fo' real ;)

We have one more surprise coming up, should show how close we really are ;)

Dyson

x

p.s. Thanks Voodoo :) sorry for 'inciting' any of this release nonesense :)

Ok, that's enough.

Bigal, you've annoyed me once again and thus we'll see you in two days.

Everyone else, I contacted Lovheim this morning, and I was hoping this debate was over, but for the record:

The rules of this site are clear: You DO NOT ask for release dates. What happens if you do ask for them anyway is you get banned for two days. What happens if you ask for them again is you get banned for 5 days.

If you don't like it, feel free to go to any other modding community out there and see how they well react to obnoxious little shits constantly asking "Is it done yet?".

End of debate.

Well those are amber and there wouldn't be a paramedic on that truck as that is a Battalion Chief and the Fire side of the FDNY don't train their firefighters to the paramedic level and definitely not to the doctor level but to the First Responder level.

will the mod have a subway system you can enter?

We had planned to, and I hope to add one, but as of yet no there isn't one.

:welcome: to the forums by the way.

So yeah guys, there was a full hour of gameplay, besides the lag that was just a usual game for me, I even forgot people were watching. As you could see there is a huge traffic factor to account for in this mod, but response times are still fast so long as you use manual driving aids and block traffic appropriately.

As mentioned on the facebook page, this weekend we're handing it over to NBVideoGameVids, he makes quite a few Youtube videos with commentary about Em4 mods. He'll be taking the full mod for a test drive exposing all the little bugs and full gameplay. Should be good, we're really looking forward to it!

x

As mentioned on the facebook page, this weekend we're handing it over to NBVideoGameVids, he makes quite a few Youtube videos with commentary about Em4 mods. He'll be taking the full mod for a test drive exposing all the little bugs and full gameplay. Should be good, we're really looking forward to it!

Excellent idea! The two things I love most in the world, combined ;D