Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Hey guys, the mods looking fantastic let me just say that, i dont mean to sound rude, but you guys appear to be spending more time on the multiplayer than developing actual single player game for release, i apologise if thats not the case, but that is how it seems from my perspective.

Let me just say, MP is absolutely amazing.. Why would you just want to play single player when you are on with 4 people and doing dispatching and second alarms you name it! Multiplayer is never a focus in a mod, its about time it is :)! You will actually love it more than single player :D! You will be surprised!

Let me just say, MP is absolutely amazing.. Why would you just want to play single player when you are on with 4 people and doing dispatching and second alarms you name it! Multiplayer is never a focus in a mod, its about time it is :)! You will actually love it more than single player :D! You will be surprised!

I'm not sure this is the appropriate place to ask but how would you go about signing up for the multiplayer beta :), it does sound fun when you put it like that :)

I'd say Ground Zero is situated too high (there is a strange jump from wall street to 42nd (I know it can't be below where it is because the map size) and the Ground Zero occupies too much space, where could be some other parts of the city but anyway look really good, about the minimap desing I waited for something so :D In any case I hope in next version you can do bigger map ;)

Is the map designed after the street names so Wall St. a finacal distrect, etc. I see a fire station on 100 Duane St.

Apologies I posted this last night, but my phone posted it as a status -_-

The street names are accurate but not to scale kinda like GTA.

Ground zero is lower on the new version with a proper access road.

From everyone at Manhattan Mod, Happy New Year. Thanks for the continued support, really means a lot.

Hey guys, the mods looking fantastic let me just say that, i dont mean to sound rude, but you guys appear to be spending more time on the multiplayer than developing actual single player game for release, i apologise if thats not the case, but that is how it seems from my perspective.

I see your point, and myself I am not a keen multiplayer, never do, didn't really like LA mod MP and hated stupid clans. But gotta say, I love MP on this more than freeplay! The clan uses realistic dispatch and 10- codes, but remains friendly to chat aswell. But regardless, you'll be pleased to hear, the MP map is (for this version) the same as SP, so any bugs in MP will also be in SP, which we have removed from both ;). But SP development has not stopped either, we're just editing both maps the same amount.

Hope this explained :)

Off Topic

Also wanted to add, now we're in a new year, hope people contemplate modding. Seriously if me and Rafael (who are both self taught in terms of photoshop/blender) can get a half decent mod together... anyone can! Hope to see more people having a go :) But avoid all this concepting is my only advice, that's one thing I've begun to hate, when people map out their entire plans in the first post, but then nothing materializes out of it. But meh.</p><p>

Have a good'un

Dyson

xx

p.s. No MP sessions today until..

Multiplayer Sessions Again Today:

15:00 Central Time (US)

16:00 Eastern Time (US)

21:00 GMT (UK)

22:00 CET (GER)

07:00 EDT (Australia)

I will try my best to be online, but can't promise anything, just try a game with people already online :)

To anyone who is looking to get the MP beta: All available slots now filled, you can join the clan and listen in/chat with members, but there will be no further MP members until release now.

Players already signed up, and online often will continue to be updated with patches.

I see your point, and myself I am not a keen multiplayer, never do, didn't really like LA mod MP and hated stupid clans. But gotta say, I love MP on this more than freeplay! The clan uses realistic dispatch and 10- codes, but remains friendly to chat aswell. But regardless, you'll be pleased to hear, the MP map is (for this version) the same as SP, so any bugs in MP will also be in SP, which we have removed from both ;). But SP development has not stopped either, we're just editing both maps the same amount.

Hope this explained :)

Thanks dyson thats cleared up my concerns, looking forward to release and the end of my social life ;)

I'd say Ground Zero is situated too high (there is a strange jump from wall street to 42nd (I know it can't be below where it is because the map size) and the Ground Zero occupies too much space, where could be some other parts of the city but anyway look really good, about the minimap desing I waited for something so :D In any case I hope in next version you can do bigger map ;)

what do you mean that ground zero occupies too much space.... ground zero is WAY bigger than that... they are trying to keep it realistic on the map.

Yeah, I know, but in a map of that size is too big, is has the same wide than Central Park, in the real life it's size is the half of Central Park, you can't say it's the most realistic for the map, apart from that, because Ground Zero is VERY far from Central Park, and among them there are more than 40st, here are stuck, and GZ is not in the 42nd street. So don't talk about realism.

Anyways I like how the map is looking, only that I think although GZ is a very simbolic place of NY, in the map occupies too much, just that.

first up, if you ask new yorkers, it's still "world trade center"!

nobody who lives in new york calls it "ground zero" ;)

anyway, i agree it's placed very unrealistic and there's a loz more streets between wtc and time square for example.

BUT i do think it's okay to include it on the map. ten house is round the corner and if you want that on the map too....

it's mostly hard or close to impossible to make things 100% realistic and correct in em4.

i'd always say keep it on the map ;)

greetz

(null)

Yeah, I know, but in a map of that size is too big, is has the same wide than Central Park, in the real life it's size is the half of Central Park, you can't say it's the most realistic for the map, apart from that, because Ground Zero is VERY far from Central Park, and among them there are more than 40st, here are stuck, and GZ is not in the 42nd street. So don't talk about realism.

Anyways I like how the map is looking, only that I think although GZ is a very simbolic place of NY, in the map occupies too much, just that.

This map is probably most complex to make map i"v seen and if you expect it to be accurate 100 % you are crazy,so is the Time square very far away from CP,but here it is few streets apart. Dyson and Rafael tried hard to even reproduce Manhattan as accurate as they could,even if that means "deleting" a few streets between them just so they could both fit in the map. Would you rather have 100 accurate map with only 1-2 sights or would you like to have almost all of them and still much accurate map?

Planning units so that we can respond up to a Fifth Alarm (obviously not accurate)

A fifth alarm in the world of EM4 constitutes:

Fifth alarm (signal 5-5)

-----------------------------------------

7 engines

6 ladders

3 battalion chiefs

1 high rise

1 rescue

1 squad

1 deputy chief

1 satellite

4 MERVs

So here goes, adding a tonne new units to fill out the reserve engines and ladders. Then onto freeplay to attempt to create something that could constitute a fifth Alarm, any ideas? :)

How about tunnel collapse? Tanker fire that exploded on !-95 or Major Deegan, whatever highway you may put in there if you do maybe in adifferent map or something. Another thing would be just a hard building fire. I mean warehosue fire....huge warehouse fire! There was a warehouse fire in manhattan and it was a real 10 alarm.

I was thinking more along the lines of, Skyscraper collapse onto main road, crushing cars, creating fires. Although I'm not too sure how to make a fire from an event.. will look into it though :)

hey dyson i can help you with the skyscraper thing we need to have a few people laying around due to them falling out of the building

Everyone one does be patient :cheers:

Of course! :D I know that is much work to make a mod :) and it is better that it takes long time and the result is being great that realesing a half done mod :)

ONT: Keep your awesome work up, we count with you ;)

Cheers! :holdglass:

A bomb

Apartment building fire. Possible apartment building with corner store on ground level.

got both of those already big skyscrapers catch fire or the dumb bomber with a gun in time square need something more challenging than those

hey Dyson i was just thinking maby in the next version you could add for the firefighters when there hurt there sencores go off and i'm sure you know what the fdny ones sound like if you dont it's in this vid you'll hear it good at 3:12

you can also hear it a lot better many times in this rescue me vid i found you can hear it at 1:02 and 1:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuZjoz4_9tg&feature=related

again just a suggestion i just think it will go really good with the WTC missions and you guys said you weren't focusing on missions so dose that mean that the WTC missions won't be available for this version?

It's called a PASS (Personal Alert Safety System) device that can be found on the SCOTT Air packs. The pass devices are activated when a firefighter transmits a mayday and activates his PASS device or stops moving for more than 30 seconds. It would be a nice feature but are quite annoying because they go off until someone deactivates the device which means if you dont have EMS on the scene in game these annoying alarms will be going off. If you do add them then make sure you make it a low volume because even in real life these things are really annoying.

Every thirty seconds you have to move your airpack to make sure the alarm doesn't go off and when I was in my local fire academy class every time we let a PASS device go off we had to do pushups.