Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Hi guys. I'm loving the updates! I can't wait to play it! I just looked over the QRA forum. I really like their models. I'm not a modder, so I don't know if the presentation is giving them a better look, but they are superb! I think that it's awesome that you guys are working together. I often wondered why you guys didn't band together to do one or two supermods, instead of five separate, competing mods. It's obvious that you guys have different strengths. You mentioned that you are trying to get on rooftops? Contact the Original NY Mod guys and ask them for help. They have done it, and I don't think that it will take away from their mod if you put it in your mod. I really like the look and feel of your map, and feel that it is second to none. This combined effort is nice to hear. Hopefully, some others will jump in and offer to help you with what you need. I would ask about the rooftops, and I would also ask about the situational sliders. It would be nice to be able to turn up/down/on/off,EMS runs, PD incidences, weather and time of day IMO. Great updates!

I think the latter of your comment would be better left to a trainer and people that make them ;) but yeah -

a) the rooftop situation, we know how to do it, just EM4 is being really annoying with open houses it seems more luck than skill with them hsha. And a note, remember you have only seen screens from the NY mod (first) I could show you people on the roof from the editor, disguise the tell tale signs of the editor and you would be none the wiser.. so what a mod has achieved and the illusion it creates are very different ;) I know I've done similar... :P

b) Well some of the QRA team are helping out, but its more an input rather than a combination, i'd love them to, but they're too busy to work on there own mod let alone mine haha, but yeah I share your enthusiasm for sharing rather than competing, I know I would :P

c) yeah the models I've received look amazing, obviously the screens online are high rendered in Blender or 3DS max, but they still are amazing :D

Also thanks for your comments on the map, we've really gone to town with it, I hope to (eventually) make it compatible with the other NYC mod, so you can play our map with their mod (if you want haha) but only after we've releasedd it ofcc :)

Dyson

x

hey dyson i got a question will the fire fighters be able to use the tower ladder to go on roofs of buildings and will they be able to ventilate a structure??

The tower ladder is still only a truck and probably will be until the next update. It requires complicated scripting that will and could delay the release farther.

Everything you have seen will be in the new version, or first version depending on your inclination on the mod, the only issue, we said was that we have not animated the tower ladder, so it will not function as a ladder, i.e you cant use it to access buildings etc. However 10 truck will and L1 will have the functions of an engine, Rapid deploy etc ;)

Here's one of the Precincts you guys will be based at-

This is Midtown South Precinct, the model is not of the precinct because it's quite a boring precinct, but it's placement and unit IDs are accurate. Here's a screen of it on an average day...

mts.png

Credit to Nnico for his models and permission :)

Stay tuned to see pics of the other Precinct ;)

P.S. you can't tell but all those CVs have different IDs ;)

One of the other units will be Sattelite 1 (housed with engine 9 and tiller 6) basically its like the foam tender or Airport pumper its got the "big guns" and if you dont believe me just look for yourself

http://www.btfirephotos.com/Apparatus/FDNY-Apparatus/i-rhX4XqJ/0/L/FDNY-Bus-Trip-2011-066-L.jpg

AS for the collapse rescue and highrise units there would be no point in making the unit if it wont have any new commands. There most likely will be highrise packs its one of our top priorities but it could change were not sure.