Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

all in game:

I fixed everything. The dimensions etc. All thats left for this beauty is the real lights I have yet to make them.

Em42011-09-0617-22-35-15.png

Engine 7 and Battalion 1 first due at a street fire near the firehouse.

Em42011-09-0617-16-36-26.png

Does it still look low poly I need to know? This is the final official version of Engine 7.

Tower Ladder next on the hit list ;)

whilst researching photos came across a strange sight, anyone ideas what this is...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dansflickpics/5457066949/sizes/l/in/photostream/

It's ladder 1 taken in June 11 I think, some kind of replacement truck?

It looks like they are using a reserve truck. Pretty common thing.

I know, but for what reason, L1 in for repairs or something?

In the city you will sometimes see those types of trucks with the original engine number in yellow as you saw in your pic, as have already probably figure out those are reserve trucks that are used to replace trucks that are in service in case of repairs or maintenance, they are also often used as temporary trucks while the original trucks might be participating in parades or special events.

These are not to be confused with reserve trucks that are in service at the special stations of their perspective boroughs(sorry i dont remember the exact term for these stations, Similar to NYPD Support Services Borough, that have stations in each Borough to support local PCTS. ) and used to assist local stations however are rarely used and these stations usually use their other trucks such as rescue, collapse rescue, so on an so fourth. These trucks are number normally like those of the regular stations however the ones I have seen sometimes are in gold instead of white.

Hope that helps.

I have a couple of ideas for the mod if your interested.

1) How about making it so that its easy for us to edit the skins of the firefightes. So that we can put names on the back of the bunker gear.

2) And similar to the above, you said about having a spare rig to have incase we need to call on more units. Again, how about making it easy to edit so that the user can change the company number.

what about some fbi cars in this mod? I haven't seen anyone

or atf

Try not to double post, and there will be none, the ATF and FBI are deemed useless in my opinion, and besides the NYPD has its own units far more specialized, so for example the closest thing to the federal units in the LA mod will be the NYPD/FBI JTTF, (Joint Terrorism Task Force) and even that will have very little use..

As for the maps, using multiple maps is unheard of (as I know of) in em4, we have done just one freeplay map GTA4 style, compressing all the landmarks and areas of interest into one smaller map :)

Manhattan mod (New York Submod V3) 3 Minute Gameplay

9/10/11 : Much work couldnt be done on the World Trade Center like we wanted to have for the 10th anniversary for the WTC portion of this mod, so we decided to release some gameplay footage on the 10th anniversary to honor the FDNY NYPD PAPD etc and all the innocent people who lost their lives 10 years ago. This is still a beta so things will be changed on the Tower Ladder and the map etc. SUBSCRIBE ! Were getting close to the end! Support us

Fraps did something wierd with the lights so we will resolve that issue as well ASAP!