Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

That is a rough ETA, I'm not relelasing until there's nothing left ;)

Nothing left? Are you making NY invisible? rofl. Just kidding. I like the way you folks take your time and are very thorough. It will be worth the wait. Everyone can produce garbage in a day. Perfection comes with age like a fine wine. :holdglass:

And offcourse it didnt :redcross:

Again, if installed correctly there should be no issues.

Nothing left? Are you making NY invisible? rofl. Just kidding. I like the way you folks take your time and are very thorough. It will be worth the wait. Everyone can produce garbage in a day. Perfection comes with age like a fine wine. :holdglass:

Hahah, well for example I want to re-do the traffic lights making nyc ones, just little things like that, once everything has been done :)

Going to create a poll on an issue I need your input,

At the moment the traffic in Times Square is static, it looks realistic, and eliminates the congestion, however in the case of events around times square it is impossible to clear the traffic.

So my question: would you prefer times square traffic to be static or flowing? Ideas please :P

well i did some not very scientific speed tests, the old mod took around the time it took me to wash up to load, the new version takes me the time it takes to make a ketchup sandwich and pour a glass of pepsi, then put the TV on. So a bit faster but nothing substantial :) the mod size is around 600 mb when compressed so.. :)

Me and Rafael are considering turning this into a stand alone mod rather than naming it a submod. At current it features no LA units or vehicles and not a huge amount of models from the LA mod (no more than other mods named independent mods). The only things steming from the original LA mod still present in the mod we are working on really is the file structure and scripts, so we have decided we want to name this a full mod now (will look about getting it moved into the EN mods section) because I feel that as popular as the mod is, it has always been slightly disregarded as it isn't actually an independant mod.

So this is just a warning that the name of the mod will be changing.

Thanks

Dyson

x

How about NY "the city that never sleeps" Mod :)

About the problem of the static or on movement traffic in Times Square I think maybe it would be better static, for realism and for avoiding problems in the crossroads and junctions, and if there is any incident like any fire, for avoiding thousand of car fires and explossions, maybe these cars should be stronger.

Well we're thinking along the lines of 'Manhattan Mod' or 'Emergency Manhattan' etc. But glad you approve of the idea and regardign traffic: I think that's the best idea to, still gonna test both ways, but its more likely the traffic will be static :)

But the traffic is going to be static in all the city or in some specific streets? You could make in places where could be problems with the traffic -like the problems of LA mod map-, or in streets where in the reality there is many traffic, like Times Square and so, and in other streets the traffic could be in movement. And then if so, for example, an especific street to the north would have static traffic and another one to the east in movement so when both street crosses there won't be any traffic problem caused by traffic lights: the lane in movement would work normally, respecting the traffic rules (would still be traffic lights controlling the traffic) and stopping for giving way to the other street's traffic ( the static one) but cause it isn't in movement it doesn't have to cross with the traffic in movement and there wouldn't be problems causing traffic collapse.

So I think that also in smaller streets, where an emergency vehicle haven't got space to drive along, there should be traffic in movement.

BTW, sorry for the long explanation, I still haven't got a really good english level so sometimes for me is a bit hard to explain :)