Dyson

Manhattan Modification General Topic

Yeahyeah, these mint new models are part of a huge overhaul in the submod, however this does mean release will be delayed considerably, but I think you'll all appreciate our attention to details over getting the mod quickly out :) anyway let's try and get this topic back interesting, it's been dead for the past few weeks!

Cheers on behalf of the team

Dyson

X

I forgot to mention that the new sirens contribute much to the atmosphere in New York, also are the best sirens/horns I've ever heard. tada.gif

Dyson and rafaelmfernandez and other guys, part of New York Submod team rules!!! smiley-dance009.gif ahahaha banana dance :D

Haha yeah I did the ones in the new video myself for testing but I found a scripter who has already scripted the manual siren script with different options such as :

Wail Yelp and Airhorn I also echo the sounds so it sounds like its in the streets

I got another idea because (not bashing you, great work!) i'm not really into the sirens but why don't you take some of the ride along sounds from vids and use them as your sirens. It doesn't sound so great when it sounds like they're passing by like that...just saying.

Haha yeah I did the ones in the new video myself for testing but I found a scripter who has already scripted the manual siren script with different options such as :

Wail Yelp and Airhorn I also echo the sounds so it sounds like its in the streets

Does this mean that there will be manual siren script here?

The old NYPD precinct

post-25442-0-50857800-1308760990_thumb.j

The New NYPD Precinct ;)

post-25442-0-11134000-1308761013_thumb.j

post-25442-0-52450600-1308761018_thumb.j

post-25442-0-22827400-1308761023_thumb.j

I love it :)

Most likely

The sirens are still a work in progress and will most likely change but dont expect to much change because after all we are in New york City

Most likely yes ;)

If you don't mind a suggestion, and I know it would mean alot of scripting, but what if you make the siren change by clicking a different switch instead of it automatically changing.

that's the plan, however we don't know how realistic it is.

If you put in some buildings from Little Italy, you should put in Engine 55. You should also put a squad or two in your mod. squad 18 is the a squad that is at its own station. I like the idea of your realism by keeping to real stations and real trucks. I hope that you will make a full mod because the tower ladder would make it much better than the other NY Mod.

If you don't mind a suggestion, and I know it would mean alot of scripting, but what if you make the siren change by clicking a different switch instead of it automatically changing.

Thats what a manual siren is. But there will also be an automatic siren like how it is now but many people would like to control the sirens and for nypd we are working on the new rumbler !

If you put in some buildings from Little Italy, you should put in Engine 55. You should also put a squad or two in your mod. squad 18 is the a squad that is at its own station. I like the idea of your realism by keeping to real stations and real trucks. I hope that you will make a full mod because the tower ladder would make it much better than the other NY Mod.

This will never become a full mod, what's the point? The only difference is we'd have to re-do everything the LA mod did, might aswell just keep it a submod. But anyway, the engines ladders and squads have already been decided, not every engine will be added, so therefore angine 55 will not be.There will also be 1 squad, it is undecided so far, but it WILL NOT have it's own station. There are already 3, 4 is out of the question.

Thanks for your praise though ;)

Dyson

x

Chinatown buildings are finally done!

post-25442-0-42660500-1308876854_thumb.j

post-25442-0-50507900-1308876841_thumb.j

Ive begun work on some generic buildings here are 2 of them

post-25442-0-93833700-1308876932_thumb.j

post-25442-0-81598900-1308876908_thumb.j

Heres the next one ;)

post-25442-0-51343900-1308876954_thumb.j

On another note I was playing the freeplay map when a small fire broke out. I responded with a Ladder 2 engines and a Battalion chief. Now the Fire spread quickly and almost engulfed a whole quarter of the city and I thought I lost it! I responded with 3 MERVs 28 Engines 9 Ladders 4 BATT chiefs 10 Ambulances and alot more I controlled the fire but there were over 34 casualties because of exploding cars haha you can only imagine. I feel like that wouldve been a 10 alarm fire. Reminded me of this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YENvqXEBjEM